What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights Signings/Re-signings thread

oldman

Juniors
Just a question - what do people think will be impact of lowering the interchange numbers - will this reduce the need for big boppers and increase the need to 80 min players and have we recruited correctly ??

Discuss

keeney

First Grade
Has that been confirmed for next season? I thought it was a talking point and little more.

A big bopper is always vital, it'll just change the need to fitter ones. I think this kind of shift in the game would be a counter to Smith's favourite team construction method of the last few years, it'd be interesting to see how he adapts.

oldman

Juniors
It has not been confirmed - media reports and NRL comments indicate something will be adjusted in this area

roopy

Referee
oldman said:
Just a question - what do people think will be impact of lowering the interchange numbers - will this reduce the need for big boppers and increase the need to 80 min players and have we recruited correctly ??

Discuss
I thought about this when we let Kade go. If the interchanges are dropped from 12 to 8 it will certainly mean that props will need to have 30 minutes in them at a go so a lot of really big guys might suffer.

Burwood

Bench
Seage has officially left the club according to yesterday's Newcastle herald. He is going back to Queensland to "get a real job" and also play for Wynnum Manly.

Sad to see him go- always a favourite of mine.

Serc

First Grade
Good on him, I was always a big fan of his too. Wynnum-Manly recently won the FOGS cup up here too so he's joined a team on a roll and should get a good chance of experiencing some of the success that he deserves.

Papa_smurf

Juniors
whats happening with

Reegan Tanner
George Carmont
Daniel Abraham
Riley Brown
Trent Salkeld
Nathan Hinton
Scott Dureau
Steve Gordon
Mitchell Steel

4 nxt yr?

Nacho Libre

Juniors
Reynoldson has been linked with a move to Hull Fc next year, can anyone confirm this and also could you give any info on him.

Cheers

Spike

First Grade
According to some nuffy called Paul Gallen, we've signed Cameron Ciraldo. I wonder what the difference was between what this guy was asking and what Abes was asking.....?

Jono078

Referee
Hmm the Cameron Ciraldo one has been mentioned a bit now..

Sharks fans dont seem to like him that much..

But he is a big guy, young aswell.

Maybe one of those players that Smith can turn into a real solid player.

Houston, Paterson and Ciraldo, 3 good young and big backrowers there.

We would have paid nothing for Ciraldo. Probably $60-$75k ATM he's comming to us for an opportunity nothing more.

Sharks fans dont mind the guy and he is stuck behind a gun backrow.

Jono078

Referee
Also...

Just how much money have we freed up, we've signed tonnes of players now lol..

Ben Cross
Danny Wicks
Wes Naiqama
Chris Houston
Keith Lulia
Matt Hilder
Sione Tovo
Richard Fa'aoso
Cooper Vuna
Luke MacDougall
Zeb Taia

Spike

First Grade
Did we really need another backrower? I know we've had more than our fair share of injuries over the past few years, but I'm of the believe that the backrow is one of our stronger positions.

Jono078

Referee
Spike said:
Did we really need another backrower? I know we've had more than our fair share of injuries over the past few years, but I'm of the believe that the backrow is one of our stronger positions.

Yeah, seems odd we have so many, but I guess Smith wants to see what works best and then wont be afraid to cut the ones who dont work out.

I would have liked to have seen another back or halve.

Then again you look at Melbourne, they have heaps of forward depth and you need a good bench to win a comp.

Latest posts