What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - best and worst thing about your day so far 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

~bedsy~

First Grade
BEST: I figured out I can afford my season tix if I direct debit, even though that sux but what are you going to do.

WORST: Another job rejection and my grandmother won't get off my back. I go for jobs everyday. As if it's not hard enough without her and my cousin on my back all the time.

les norton

First Grade
best - I finished my presentation YAY!! Dont have to stay up until god knows what time finishing it

worst - I have to stay up til god knows finishing other stuff. :(

northey

First Grade
BEST: almost finished my essay, only got about 400 words to write...met up with daniel today, had a good catch up with him. looking forward to going to work tonight

WORST: only 2 days left until i'm back at uni :(

Nikki

Coach
BEST: First day in 2 weeks that I havent woken up with a splitting headache

WORST: Eels Presentation night tonight and I should be on the piss with my boys.. Just couldnt afford the $220 ticket!!

Risa

Bench
Nikki said:
WORST: Eels Presentation night tonight and I should be on the piss with my boys.. Just couldnt afford the $220 ticket!!

OMG $220, who are they kidding? What did you get for that, a fancy 5 course meal lol.

astrogirl

First Grade
Best: Weekend!!! Going to the races tomorrow! Get to frock up and wear a hat :D

Worst: Just a bit tired lately.

Nikki

Coach
Risa said:
OMG $220, who are they kidding? What did you get for that, a fancy 5 course meal lol.

Not much!! Hence why I didnt pay it.. Plus you have to pay $35 at the start of the year to be elligable to pay your $220!!! I didnt pay the $35 either.. Sick of givin them my money tbh!

les norton

First Grade
best - after today I can cross something off my list. Tristan has his footy presentation this arvo :D

worst - I was up at 5:30 am doing moderated hierarchical regression. I have to present at a conference today and I already feel like I am going to vomit.

strewth_mate

Bench
Good luck Les :D

Worst - Mother of a friend of mine has small cell neuroendocrine cancer in the lung which has spread to lymph nodes, liver and bone. She's starting chemo on Monday but found out last night it's also spread to her brain. Friend is my age and has 3 younger siblings who don't understand the significance and a dad that's struggling to cope. Don't know how much more time there is and the decline has just been so rapid it's surreal.

And another friend's dad's cancer has returned again, and he can only have one more stem cell transplant to try and fix it (body can only take about 3). They've got to get his kidneys working enough to give him chemo to kill off his bone marrow first though and it's touch and go as it is. I think I have to forfeit my right to whinge about anything.

Best - well not much

~bedsy~

First Grade
Nikki said:
Man I thought $90 for the Knights was bad enough!

strewth_mate sorry to hear about your friends, it can be a hard time, I had an aunty who went through all of this.

BEST: My brother's at work and I have the house to myself

WORST: Not much.

garden fairy

Juniors
Best: went to the Knights Presentation Night, and had close to the best night of my life...it was so much fun, and I got to grope a lot of players...lol...

Worst: I said I'd work tonight, and after not going to bed till after 3am and getting up at 8am, I'm exhausted...

beckster05

Juniors
Best: went to the Knights Presentation Night with the crusade, had a fantastic night and got recognised by Dan Tolar who I went to school with.

Worst: Really tired after getting to bed after 1ish this morning. I'm really exhausted

NC

Juniors
Best: Good weather.

Worst: A guy I kind of knew passed away yesterday.

Nikki

Coach
BEST: Weather is awesome

WORST: Wasted my morning drivin out to Parklea Markets to pick up a mates B'day pressie I had ordered. For the second week in a row it was not ready, so I tore strips of the bloke for not calling me.. I can understand that deliveries sometimes cannot be met, I have not gripes with that but he should have had the decency to call before I drove all the way out there for the second week in a row.. Then he tried to tell me I should call him!! He works in a market FFS!!!

Also had to mow the lawn today.. GRRR!!!

Strewth, sorry to hear about your friends.. I am just goin thru the early stages of it all with my Mum and that alone is not fun.. Dread to think what the future is gunna be like, but not gunna think that far ahead and try and keep positive.

Glad everyone had a great night at the Presentation night!!

stevo

Juniors
Best - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.......... Socceroos baby! About to head off to the game

Worse. Got my nails done today, the lady did a dodge job :fist:

les norton

First Grade
strewth_mate said:
Good luck Les :D

Worst - Mother of a friend of mine has small cell neuroendocrine cancer in the lung which has spread to lymph nodes, liver and bone. She's starting chemo on Monday but found out last night it's also spread to her brain. Friend is my age and has 3 younger siblings who don't understand the significance and a dad that's struggling to cope. Don't know how much more time there is and the decline has just been so rapid it's surreal.

And another friend's dad's cancer has returned again, and he can only have one more stem cell transplant to try and fix it (body can only take about 3). They've got to get his kidneys working enough to give him chemo to kill off his bone marrow first though and it's touch and go as it is. I think I have to forfeit my right to whinge about anything.

Best - well not much

Thanks so much Mate, It was pretty tough...grilled with sooo many questions but I made it through it.

So sorry to hear about you friends. My thoughts are with you, them and their families.

Risa

Bench
Best: Had a great day with a friend I haven't seen in a while. Played putt-putt and pool. Such a nice day out too!

Worst: Drank way too much water so the car trip back on the way home was not so fun LOL.

strewth_mate

Bench
Wow, really appreciate that guys, I wasn't expecting anyone to take any notice, just having a bit of a vent :crazy: Not reaching for sympathy or anything though because it doesn't directly involve me, so I don't want to give the wrong impression, just hoping it all works out for them. It's bloody cruel what's happening to them.

And so sorry Nikki, hope everything ends up ok :)

(Best - Got to see my girlfriend for the first proper time in ages, her little sister's 9th birthday party... the red drink was flowing...)

Nikki

Coach
strewth_mate said:
Wow, really appreciate that guys, I wasn't expecting anyone to take any notice, just having a bit of a vent :crazy: Not reaching for sympathy or anything though because it doesn't directly involve me, so I don't want to give the wrong impression, just hoping it all works out for them. It's bloody cruel what's happening to them.

And so sorry Nikki, hope everything ends up ok :)

(Best - Got to see my girlfriend for the first proper time in ages, her little sister's 9th birthday party... the red drink was flowing...)

Hahaha.. I been on the red cordial all day myself!!! :lol: :lol:

And thanks Strewth... Hopefully all turns out ok. She's on her second course of chemo (which are in tablet form now, go figure) and we check in about 4 weeks to see if its shrunk or not.

WORST - the last 24 hours have constituted the longest day of my life.

BEST - in said last 24 hours, I have gained a fuller understanding of what fantastic mates and family I have, and it makes me feel privileged to know such wonderful people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts