What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

antonius

Coach
The_Joey_Show said:
Fully understood mate. It's only one game.

We win next week and we are back on track.
It's the semi-finals next week, pretty sure you guys will finish 5th and play the Rabbits in the elimination semi.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Tony's right, guys. We've got a big game against the Rabbitohs in an elimination final this week, so we need to put our best foot forward! Who is up for a run in what could be our last game of the year?

1: CWBush (c)
2: MrCharisma
3: PrideKnight
4: djmac
5: The Joey Show

6: brandell
7:

Misanthrope

Staff member
What's going on guys? We've got less than a week before our final and we've only got a team of two!

Misanthrope

Staff member
While I desperately try to find another five or so players, I remembered that last year we held 'Glebe Dirty Reds Awards' to acknowledge the outstanding performances from members of the team.

I thought it would be nice to again honour players after what has been a good season for our side. Last year's categories were:

- Player of the Year (Will be announced as the MVP, and I would appreciate nominations)
- Rookie of the Year
- Best Team Performance of the Year
- Best Article
- Player's Player (The player, nominated by the team, who might not have scored outstandingly - but did a lot for the team)

For those wondering, this year's debutants were:
PrideKnight
Jobdog
Red and Blue Knight
Parki
Gene Krupa

The latter two had played before, but it was their debut season for the Knights.

My nominations would be:
- Player of the Year: PrideKnight
- Rookie of the Year: PrideKnight
- Best Team Performance of the Year: I was a big fan of our 450 point haul in the PvP tournament
- Best Article: TBA
- Player's Player: The Joey Show

Misanthrope

Staff member
My good mate DJMaC has agreed to make a special appearance for the Knights in the upcoming final. A few of you met Dave at my 22nd last year in Sydney (a few being PrideKnight and Magro, who already knew him).

We really need one more starter and one reliable benchie to join Randy on the bench. Who else can help us in our time of need? You needn't even be a current player!

OK, OK stop begging! I'm in!

While I'm here, I might as well do my noms for the Awards.

Player Of The Year - PK
Rookie Of The Year - PK
Team performance of The Year - Our win against Penrith a few weeks back
Article of the Year - "Guys Like Me" by PK
Players Player - RABK... unlucky not to get my vote for Rookie of The Year.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Alright guys, I've posted the team. Jamie, I've included you as the second reserve, but I doubt you'll be used. I've got Randy there should one of us pull out, and I'm fairly certain that the entire run on can and will post.

If you're uninspired or need an editorial eye cast over your article, don't hesitate to bug me. Just drop me an SMS so I know to check my email, as I don't get online everyday anymore.

Remember, even if you think your article is tripe, post it! Your low score is better than a '0', and gives the rest of the team something to build on. That said, I think we're putting a very strong side out on the park and I think we'll be able to topple Souths. All four of the starters are proven scorers, and I assure you all, djmac is a very good writer in his own right.

Let's do our team proud and thump some vermin! :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
How is everybody going along with their articles? I've got mine in the works and should get it up soon. Remember, deadline is 9pm Wednesday night. Please guys, try not to leave it until 8.30pm as I won't have time to find replacements in the event you disappear.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've just posted mine, and I would definitely appreciate thoughts in case I need to make an edit before fulltime. I've talked to MrC and djmac and they've both told me they'll have theirs in soon. I do urge people to do this by Wednesday afternoon at the latest, as this will give Randy/Jamie a chance to sub in if need be.

Mines in. 4 vs 3 Souths way at the moment. With only the reliable PK and MrC to go, we should have our 5 in.

From there, it's in the hands of the F7's gods...

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've said in the match thread, but I'll say it again here. Regardless of this game's outcome, I want to say what a privilege it's been to captain this team in 2006. We've produced some outstanding results and worked wonderfully as a team.

As TJS has said, it's in the hands of the F7s gods.

PrideKnight

Bench
If we lose, im blaming it on pigeon crap making me sick in the head and sending me blind...

If Bushy doesnt get this, I'm gunna be totally dissillusioned

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bwahahahah. You're lucky. I haven't seen House since I moved back home. This is the first episode I've been able to watch.

Latest posts