What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - The energy thread

les norton

First Grade
I had a pretty good weekend me thinks...

I went for a 10 km walk with Tristan and his dad on saturday. tristan was on rollerblades and I had to pull him 90% of the way...extra energy points for that.
I went and swum laps on sunday.

I go back to my gym tonight...boxacise class, I think its going to kill me.

northey

First Grade
i don't think i will be going to the gym tonight, can not be bothered, got too much s**t going on to go.. but i will be going on tuesday night

astrogirl

First Grade
Hovers with weights northey :O No way!!!

les norton said:
I went for a 10 km walk with Tristan and his dad on saturday. tristan was on rollerblades and I had to pull him 90% of the way...extra energy points for that.
Definitely! Isn't Tristan lucky to have such a great mum!

northey

First Grade
lol it hurts so much, cause i do them on tuesday at the end of THT, so i'm already buggered and burning from THT and we finish the class with hovers, with weights on ur back to make you work harder LOL

northey

First Grade
hahah, trust me THT is so hard, so you get used to doing hovers with weights lol... you have to do sit ups and a'round the world for a full song then you go into doing the hovers with out weights and then with weights, before all this you have been doing a full on aerobic work out, using weights and doing squats for the last 30mins with a break of 1 min or less LOL... painful stuff, but you become used to it LOL

astrogirl

First Grade
Right. I am getting serious about fitness again.

Trainer made us run to some stairs, then stairs for 45 minutes with maybe 10 minutes of abs in the middle of that, then another run.

I had a case of jellylegs afterwards but now I'm happy I toughed it out :D

Anyone else?

Lynchy

Juniors
yeah id be up for it, ive been looking to get back into training, and i just need some motivation, and my friends are lazy buggers.

Charley9

Bench
Me too, I am so aching to get back into it, and now that i have an ipod nano which can withstand a bit of running action (unlike my stupid zen) I can just put some really grrrrrr music on, zone out, and run my ass off! Good thinking reviving this thread astro, i'm excited an motivated now!

astrogirl

First Grade
Charley, I am in so much PAIN after yesterday! No exercise for me today. It can wait till tomorrow :D

Charley9

Bench
astrogirl said:
Charley, I am in so much PAIN after yesterday! No exercise for me today. It can wait till tomorrow :D

I like that dull aching feeling after a perfect workout, but i hate when you're in so much pain that you can't move the next day...i get like that when i play soccer and handball 'cause your legs get stretched and stuff. I can't wait to get home and just put some music on and run, I love it.

rock_on_knights said:
I play soccer 2-3 times a week and sometimes walk home from the station. That's enough for me :p

I like soccer, but not serious soccer, just fun soccer....mainly because i suck at it. :D

astrogirl

First Grade
Soccer 3 times a week is heaps!

I used the word "pain" before - maybe I was exaggerating :D Feeling better now!

Let us know how your running goes Charley!

Stranger

Coach
My footy is usually my energy release.

Im either playing or training 5 days a week, so thats good.

Stranger

Coach
Charley9 said:
I used to play touch footy in highschool...we sucked, but geez it was fun! :D

:lol:, We play touch at recess and lunch... but touch turns into an arguement which turns to tackle and = ripped shirts with no buttons and broken bones :lol:

Jedda

Juniors
Not so exciting as others but I've started taking the stairs whenever I need to go on breaks. My current work situation involves working in the basement but having breaks on the top level in our new unit. Trouble is, I'm so unfit that I can only manage walking up to the 3rd floor and then have to catch the lift before passing out (probably too many ciggies:oops: ) but the ultimate aim is to eventually be able to walk up the whole way...small steps and all that jazz.

Charley9

Bench
Stranger said:
:lol:, We play touch at recess and lunch... but touch turns into an arguement which turns to tackle and = ripped shirts with no buttons and broken bones :lol:

Yeah well, for girls that's a spectator sport :lol:

I went for my run!
I'm a bit unfit, but i'll work on that. I did an hour of Red/Blue Line training and just as i was winding down MCR came on the my ipod, so i did another fifteen minutes 'cause it pumped me up.

I feel good now 'cause i said i would do something today and instead of piking out i actually did it!
Can't wait for tomorrow.

RABK

Referee
I feel fitter then ever and considering i could run the 100 in 13 seconds, the 200 at 27.5 seconds and complete 3200 metres in the 12 minute run when i was 16 i would be pretty fit atm.

Can also do 52 push ups a minute. Personal best for pull ups is 32 too. Pretty good...i think.

Latest posts