What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOT AGAIN!! Tim drinking already??/ Suspended indefinitely

mickdo

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
note to Piggy, Finch, Mickdo and co

thats not the point maybe Tim didn't do anything wrong this time the point is he was drinking not what he did while drunk
Never said he shouldn't face punishment, just that sacking is ridiculously over the top

Hurriflatch

Referee
mickdo said:
Never said he shouldn't face punishment, just that sacking is ridiculously over the top

under normal circumstances yes but considering Tim past and the conditions he has agreed to due to said past then maybe it isn't

I don't WANT him sacked but it's obvious the current penalties aren't working

strider

Post Whore
I think this is good enough punishment - each player in the team gets one go ... :lol: "Timmy - you idiot" *whack* :lol:

0,5001,5799020,00.jpg

Stagger eel

Staff member
I tend to agree with flatch, we need to be seen to be doing something, mainly because of the piss poor way we dealt with the issue last week.

Hurriflatch

Referee
strider said:
I think this is good enough punishment - each player in the team gets one go ... :lol:

0,5001,5799020,00.jpg

what about the board, coaching staff and fans? :lol:

funnily enough I remember reading an article during the 2007 season about how Parra got Danny Green to come in a beat Hayne up in the boxing ring when they thought Hayne's ego was getting the better of him.

maybe Knowlesy can make another call

strider

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
what about the board, coaching staff and fans? :lol:
the board can get knotted - coaching stuff can have a whack ... and the fans are a bunch of hypocritical whingers, so they can all suck it up and deal with it :D

COACH STERLING

Juniors
OK - hypothetically speaking, lets say he gets the sack tomorrow and ends at the Broncos, timmy news club helps him through it and then he has a blinder winning the dally m's and taking out the comp.

Would it be right to say that Parra would have made the wrong decision given the fact that we didn't even help him?

mickdo

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
under normal circumstances yes but considering Tim past and the conditions he has agreed to due to said past then maybe it isn't

I don't WANT him sacked but it's obvious the current penalties aren't working
That's just crap. He has a drinking problem. He isn't violent, and hasn't broken any laws. All that he's done is miss one training session due to drinking and be drunk on a few occasions, but not causing any disruptions to his football commitments. To sack him after that is just a cop out.

mickdo

Coach
eelavation said:
I tend to agree with flatch, we need to be seen to be doing something, mainly because of the piss poor way we dealt with the issue last week.
So we should sack him so it 'looks' like we are doing something??? Oh ffs :crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
OK - hypothetically speaking, lets say he gets the sack tomorrow and ends at the Broncos, timmy news club helps him through it and then he has a blinder winning the dally m's and taking out the comp.

Would it be right to say that Parra would have made the wrong decision given the fact that we didn't even help him?

CS, without knowing the details i believe the club has done all they can in the past to help him, however they were given a golden opportunity to really stamp their authority on the issue last week by standing him down indefintely until he sort himself out, instead they slapt him with a $1000.00 fine and an alcohol ban...

I think that where the club dropped the ball and inturn Tim has now appears to have done the same, what other options are there???

Hurriflatch

Referee
COACH STERLING said:

considering it's been reported that the club has helped Tim get into councilling sessions then I don't think you could argue that they didn't try and help him

you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink (water only)

maybe the best saying for Tim is

You can call it a Donkey but at the end of the day it's still a Jackass

Eelementary

Post Whore
COACH STERLING said:

In my opinion, yes.

If we did tear up his contract (theoretically), he would no longer be a part of the club - but the bonds he made with the club wouldn't be broken overnight. I feel that they would owe it to him, as decent human beings (presumably) to give him a hand.

Obviously, the club has been seen to have tried to have helped him recently. But alcoholism is an addiction that takes a while to topple - it takes time, effort, discipline and even sometimes tough love.

As eela said - the club had a golden opportunity last week to really put their foot down and genuinely start helping the lad, but they dropped the ball.

Stagger eel

Staff member
mickdo said:
So we should sack him so it 'looks' like we are doing something??? Oh ffs :crazy:

i think they've done all they can...what more do you want them to do?? as I've said several posts ago at the very least we should be standing him down of all footballing duties for atleast 6 months get him help than re-viisit the situation there after,

mickdo

Coach
eelavation said:
i think they've done all they can...what more do you want them to do?? as I've said several posts ago at the very least we should be standing him down of all footballing duties for atleast 6 months get him help than re-viisit the situation there after,
How do you know they've done all they can?

Sacking will destroy him. He needs help. Sacking him is the easy way out.

Some people on here obviously don't have any compassion but If that was one of there family members the situation would be different. Let's hope that even he had a drink that he gets help, Isn't that main thing? We don't have to be seen doing anything all Parra have to do is Help him and sacking him is not helping him.

I must repeat we don't know the full story yet. A member of the Public called and said that they say him drinking or pissed. Did the member of the public have a breathaliser to prove the matter? Fair dinkum Tim must have heaps of enemies out there in the Public for him to be outed like this all the time. It's so easy to make up a story these days.

Glenn

First Grade
Hmmm so if Tim was out drinking, what was he drinking? no reports of him behaving in a intoxicated way to members of the public suggest it wasn't alcohol IMHO.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Sacking will destroy him. He needs help. Sacking him is the easy way out.

Some people on here obviously don't have any compassion but If that was one of there family members the situation would be different. Let's hope that even he had a drink that he gets help, Isn't that main thing? We don't have to be seen doing anything all Parra have to do is Help him and sacking him is not helping him.

I must repeat we don't know the full story yet. A member of the Public called and said that they say him drinking or pissed. Did the member of the public have a breathaliser to prove the matter? Fair dinkum Tim must have heaps of enemies out there in the Public for him to be outed like this all the time. It's so easy to make up a story these days.

Jake, every recognises that he needs help that's a "no brainer" but it remains to be seen whether the club have the ability to do that given the fact they hd to deal with other issues in the past..

can i ask you, would you honestly give a sh*t if the guy wasn't faviourite of yours, I'm not trying to start something i just want an idea of where your at on this.