What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOT AGAIN!! Tim drinking already??/ Suspended indefinitely

Ron Jeremy

Coach
newmanj said:
At the risk of being accused of being as silly as Timmy, i for one would not be abandoning him in his hour of need. Obviously the kid has a problem, and whether we like it or not, the problem has become a large one of late. The kid needs professional help, and fast. He is not beyond fixing, but i say he should be suspended indefinitely, as per Chris Walker, Todd Carney. Once he has proven to be cured, he then should be considered for reinstatement to the team. It will do him no good to be cut and go to a new team where he will not be CURED. I feel we owe it to him to help him. I know i am going to be told that he is a fool, etc etc etc, but he hasnt been properly treated for a very serious problem.

I have passed this sentiment on to Ovo in the last 30 minutes, and i believe he is fronting the club in the morning with his manager.

Great stuff Newmanj, the vast majority on this board look forward to your comments;-)

By the way, i have to agree with you as well. I dont see how suspended his contract will help Tim as a person? if anything it could lead to more drinking associated with depression, just a thought...

ParraManiac

Juniors
eela if the club is fair dinkum, they wont give a toss what everyone thinks, the first priority should be the well being of one of its own. You are on the right track with standing him down from football for a length of time though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fathead said:
IF it is established that he has been out drinking again and that is IF .. then its out the door with him. I would like the NRL to then stop him playing for another club. Going out playing for some pub team may teach him how easy it is to lose what many strive for. He will meet blokes who would give their left nut for half the chances that Tim had.

The integrity of the club is at stake here, which is bigger than any individual player. Losing him will hurt us but it will hurt us more if we dont.
Well said.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraManiac said:
eela if the club is fair dinkum, they wont give a toss what everyone thinks, the first priority should be the well being of one of its own. You are on the right track with standing him down from football for a length of time though.

in the harsh world of NRL, the club also has an obligation to it's members supporters and sponsors to be doing the right thing by them to keep it's name and image free of bad publicity.

and yes, we should also help the kid...but football is the last thing he should be thinking about until he gets himself right, whether it's 3,6,9 months or 2 years i don't care, he should get himself right before he even touches a ball again.

big boppa eel

Juniors
newmanj said:
Now you clowns know why i dont post on here very often. A blow hard like Big Boppa Eel gets on here and tells me not to call him his christian name.
Have you never had someone in your family or a friend who has a problem. Sorry, you are the sort of person who would abandon them.
No Newmanj you don't abandon them but this guys has had 6 chances, do you get 6 chances if you f**k up at work, and if you read previous post's in regards to Smith I said the 1 grand they find him last week means sh*t, like it or not I was correct. By the way what is this your 500th post you are not exactly a seasoned poster yet bud.

parra pete

Referee
emjaycee said:
lewiscook, somehow I don't think you could be further from the truth.

I dont imagine Pete would be happy that someone has thrown their future away even if they are a bit of a dickhead (Pete, correct me if I have mis-represented u in anyway) :) :)

I hated hearing this news. Can't believe it as a matter of fact..
He is getting bad advice from someone, and his mates have let him down badly if he has been out on the piss.
Surely he must have more gumption than to go back on his word - so openly.
It is not if the Tollgate Hotel is out of the way. It would be full of Eels supporters who know the bloke. Don't people have homes to go to? What a sad life. Why would you be out at 4am on a Wednesday? The horse has bolted!
IF it is true it shows ' A tiger nevers changes its spots ' Shame, Tim, Shame.

Stagger eel

Staff member
big boppa eel said:
No Newmanj you don't abandon them but this guys has had 6 chances, do you get 6 chances if you f**k up at work, and if you read previous post's in regards to Smith I said the 1 grand they find him last week means sh*t, like it or not I was correct. By the way what is this your 500th post you are not exactly a seasoned poster yet bud.

just be a bit careful mate, newmanj knows a little more than what you care to imagine. ;-)

big boppa eel

Juniors
emjaycee said:
I dont think it was the use of Timothy Smiths christian name that upset BBE, it was the use of the abridged version of the name, usually reserved for someone still in their pre-teen years.

I was christened Matthew, and these days are known more by Matt, but no one has called me Matty since I wore long pants for the first time.
Same goes for Peter. Pete would be okay for an adult, but surely not Petey.
Thanks, nail on the head, but some people still don't get it.

parra pete

Referee
big boppa eel said:

:lol: A word of advice BBE - Don't sledge newmanj...His posts are quality - not quantity.

strider

Post Whore
chill the f**k out BBE - if u had half a clue u'd know newmanj always has been/is/and will be highly respected on this forum cos he talks sense and has good info - the whole quality over quantity thing

dazeely

First Grade
big boppa eel said:

Newmanj is very much respected around the forum and whilst he doesn't post each and every day when he does it is very much on the money. I for one like it when newmanj pops in every now and then. Keep up the info and thank your source for us.

ParraManiac

Juniors
eelavation said:
in the harsh world of NRL, the club also has an obligation to it's members supporters and sponsors to be doing the right thing by them to keep it's name and image free of bad publicity.

and yes, we should also help the kid...but football is the last thing he should be thinking about until he gets himself right, whether it's 3,6,9 months or 2 years i don't care, he should get himself right before he even touches a ball again.

agreed!

Nikki

Coach
big boppa eel said:

Oh wow! You're out of your depth on that one kiddo.. Good luck with that!

big boppa eel

Juniors
Nikki said:
I wish I could fall back on the "what 22 yr old doesnt go out and get pissed" way of thinking, but what 22 yr old gets the money and opportunity Timmy gets. I love the kid to death, but I am dissapointed in his actions. I really do hope that he gets the help he needs tho, and I would like to hope that our club are the ones that extend that hand out to him. Whilst he is not his team mates responsibility either, I would hope that they could step up to the plate and at least try and pull his head in..
Who says they already haven't.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
parra pete said:
I hated hearing this news. Can't believe it as a matter of fact..
He is getting bad advice from someone, and his mates have let him down badly if he has been out on the piss.
Surely he must have more gumption than to go back on his word - so openly.
It is not if the Tollgate Hotel is out of the way. It would be full of Eels supporters who know the bloke. Don't people have homes to go to? What a sad life. Why would you be out at 4am on a Wednesday? The horse has bolted!
IF it is true it shows ' A tiger nevers changes its spots ' Shame, Tim, Shame.

I thought it was a leopard. Tigers have stripes Pete :lol:

Latest posts