What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL and its clubs are expected to palm-off expansion until 2014 or 2015

Of the three favourites which two teams make the most sense?

• Brisbane II

Votes: 137 67.8%
  • Central Coast

Votes: 55 27.2%
  • Western Australia

Votes: 182 90.1%

• Total voters
What a load of bullshit, the poll in this thread is not accessible to all rugby league fans. Only members of this forum, visitors can't vote and people who don't know about this site or just don't come here for whatever reason don't even see that poll let alone vote in it.
Oh my God. Are you saying that not every single RL fan on the planet can vote in this poll! That's shocking.

The point is it's not restricted to Sydney based newspapers and radio stations. It doesn't matter where people live they can vote. Anyone can be a member and vote. Bears knobends trying to point to polls conducted solely in NSW and claiming they support them is a joke. Just as polls where you can vote a million times are pointless.

This poll asks the real question - which two of the three realistic bids should be in. And it's pretty clear at the moment what fans think.

Beowulf

Juniors
Oh my God. Are you saying that not every single RL fan on the planet can vote in this poll! That's shocking.

The point is it's not restricted to Sydney based newspapers and radio stations. It doesn't matter where people live they can vote. Anyone can be a member and vote. Bears knobends trying to point to polls conducted solely in NSW and claiming they support them is a joke. Just as polls where you can vote a million times are pointless.

This poll asks the real question - which two of the three realistic bids should be in. And it's pretty clear at the moment what fans think.

So the NRL website or Rugby League Week facebook sites are not accessible in QLD???? So how come Central QLD is doing well in polling? Its only SEQ that can't access the internet? Maybe there IS a need for national broadband after all!

Ray Mosters

Juniors
Guys, what you are arguing about is: out of these two bullshit and meaningless polls, which is LESS bullshit and meaningless.

I'd suggest we get back on topic

I respect the Central Queensland fans, there are good people up there working hard on their bid. 33% in the NRL poll is a great show of support. I think 2014 might be slightly premature for them but 2015 is very realistic.

I really hope that the NRL gives us some sort of strategic plan for the game's expansion not only in the next TV Rights round but beyond. Some clarity would be nice for a change though I can't fault Gallop's comments regarding 2014/15. Still, the W.A. Reds and Central Coast Bears are ready to go now so I still believe that 2013 isn't completely crossed out just yet. The I.C. must surely be nearing completion?

:lol:

We know why North Sydney is willing to talk up the CQ bid. They would love to go up against the CQ bid for a franchise. It's the only bid they can beat.

he still thinks they're in based on a web poll

What are you talking about? By us, I mean the fans bozo. I don't think a poll has any bearing on expansion. CQ's fans who are doing a good job up in Rockhampton deserve their credit.

We know why North Sydney is willing to talk up the CQ bid. They would love to go up against the CQ bid for a franchise. It's the only bid they can beat.

North Sydney has a bid? When did this happen? As for CQ, once again just acknowledging their good work and show of support.

Its about as credible as bragging about a bookmaker saying they are the "favourite" in a hypothetical betting market....:crazy:

I made those claims? News to me.

What are you guys the 3 stooges?

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
And yet the poll in this thread, which is actually the only one that asks the real question - which two of these three should get in - suggests the Bears shouldn't. CQ and the rest are not in the running. This pool question is realistic. And it's also accessible to all RL fans regardless of where they are from, unlike NSW-based media polls.
The clear result of this poll (if you extrapolate results fully) is that rugby league fans are arguably as stupid as the morons who run the game and report on the game.

He assumed because he is the only credible source for norths bid information :sarcasm: because he researches :lol:

He was replying directly to something I said, if it had no relevance, he would not have brought it up.

Exactly right, research from actually ringing up and talking to the bid people. In CCBears instance, it's easy got me to get news and information. When you dedicate yourself to a cause it's easy to build a rapport with people also involved. Have you ever done this? For anything?

Also, you must have a sad life if you constantly get your kicks from giving shit to people on the Internet. Was growing up hard for you?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Exactly right, research from actually ringing up and talking to the bid people. In CCBears instance, it's easy got me to get news and information.
That's not research it's gossiping.

When you dedicate yourself to a cause it's easy to build a rapport with people also involved. Have you ever done this? For anything??
You're acting like it's a life and death situation you're dealing with. Which I'm more than familiar with (hint, hint).

Also, you must have a sad life if you constantly get your kicks from giving shit to people on the Internet.
I'll take my life over your norths obsessed existence. I used to have empathy for bears supporters but your blinkered dribbling has turned me right off.

Was growing up hard for you?
No, I grew up watching Canberra constantly giving norths a pasting.

That's not research it's gossiping.

You're acting like it's a life and death situation you're dealing with. Which I'm more than familiar with (hint, hint).

I'll take my life over your norths obsessed existence. I used to have empathy for bears supporters but your blinkered dribbling has turned me right off.

No, I grew up watching Canberra constantly giving norths a pasting.

If you're sick or someone close to you is then my condolences go out to you. I apologise if my comment was in any way offensive.

Now to set a few things straight. I don't understand exactly what makes you think what I say is dribble. I also don't understand how you could not possibly see that like you, who has supported the Raiders for a considerable amount of time, wishing them the absolute best season after season and being a member and customer to their merchandise that I do the same for the Central Coast Bears. A team which represents a great rugby league heartland and growing community whom have been pushing for a team for a fair amount of time now. A purposely built stadium to host NRL games remains dormant of a local team, which should have been in the competition for atleast a decade now.

Yes, I support the Bears. I'm proud of that and I don't hesitate to show it. I haven't done or said anything which has ever concluded that the Central Coast Bears are in or will get awarded a franchise license.

Now back on topic, I do think that the WAReds and CCBears can make still make it into the 2013 season, however if expansion does indeed get pushed back which I acknowledge most likely will happen then I can most definitely see the Central Coast Bears bid getting stronger and building on what they have achieved, which you might see as not important or disagree completely.

I will keep them supporting them and pushing their bid. If you don't like that or feel the need to bait petty arguments then good luck to you. But I'm not gonna get dragged into pointless rambling. You know about the CCBears, go into their thread if you want to drop your thoughts regarding anything CCBears related or alternatively go to their website.

Last edited:

Herzog

Juniors
Need a team in Perth and another team in QLD and possible relocation of the SHarks or Rabbits.

flame away

I agree that Perth is needed, though I argue that the Central Coast should come before another Queensland team--I am a little partial--the Central Coast for all they're concerned is as close to Sydney as Rockhampton is.

As for the Rabbits, why would you relocate a club with arguably the deepest tradition, large juniour pool, the biggest club membership, highest selling merchandise and on top of that turns a profit? Seems counter-intuitive.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
To RB&B good luck with the bid. You know what, reading your last post has got me thinking. Although I don't favor expansion to the CC due to reasons I've no doubt covered before, putting this view forward repeatedly and criticizing aspects of the bears bid and yourself is poor form. I admire your passion and hope for your sake and others like you it gets off the ground. If it doesn't then I'll give my commiserations.

I'll leave the bear baiting to others from here on end because it's doing you no favors and making myself look like someone who begrudges and belittles other people about something that makes them happy.
Cheers and good luck with the bid and good on ya fir wearing the red and black proudly.

PS. No, someone hasn't hijacked my computer. :D

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I agree that Perth is needed, though I argue that the Central Coast should come before another Queensland team--I am a little partial--the Central Coast for all they're concerned is as close to Sydney as Rockhampton is.

As for the Rabbits, why would you relocate a club with arguably the deepest tradition, large juniour pool, the biggest club membership, highest selling merchandise and on top of that turns a profit? Seems counter-intuitive.

I wonder about this, whether those who bring it up on LU and on Talking sport are actually serious or just don't understand the reality that Souths are arguably the strongest sydney club off the field despite an indifferent decade on the field.