What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

monaroCountry

Juniors
some more
phpBAALAayip.jpg

phpAAA2oaa_1.jpg

phpAAAT7aiQA.jpg

We dont need no helmet girly helmets..............use our heads instead
phpAAAyOayZG.jpg

monaroCountry

Juniors
pain..........

Titans quarterback Steve McNair is hospitalized following surgery to correct the sternum problem that has plagued him for much of the season.

A hard hit that McNair sustained during a September 26th game did not cause the problem for his sternum, but it did bring on the pain. Two other injuries that followed compounded it, eventually sidelining him for the last five games of the season.

On December 17th Titans coach Jeff Fisher said, "Basically Steve does not have a solid bony surface throughout the length of the sternum. There is an area in there that is cartilage. It's not normal."
Try paralysis and multiple fractures, disfigured face i.e. Mr. TiwariNikaw (spelling?) who suffered multiple facial fractures, similar to those suffered by head on car crashes etc.

redVgirl

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I hadn't noticed his sig before RedV ... lol

'Tis a bit of a wank now that I read it.

I've actually spent a lot of time on a few different American forums and I found the women to be more intelligent than the men. The men tend to assume that because they're American, they're right about everything. The women are able to accept that America isn't the be all and end all.

The thing is, they never change. Flame their sorry arses for 12 months and they just don't get it because they seriously think they're winning. It never dawns on them that they're getting hammered.

Yankeeboy seems occasionally to have a glimmer of commonsense, if he makes the effort, he may end up being one of the very few decent Yank men on the boards that I've ever run across.

his signature is actually a song, they played it alot after sept 11. its kinda like their pseudo national anthem, the way walzting matilda is for us. it basically shows the difference between the countries...that song has a 'look how f*ckin great we are' theme, where ours is about a dumb sheep thief who drowns himself in a billabong..lol :lol: aussies really dont like to toot their own horn (in general) and i think our love for 'losers' like Ned Kelly and Walzting Matilda represents that. in contrast america is all about being the winner at any cost, doesnt matter how many people u sh*t on to get there...or what a huge wanker you are. if ur a winner then you are the 'best'...and thats all that matters.

of course this is a generalisation and i think it basically covers about 60% of american popular culture. i disagree with u that all american men are idiots, its simply not true. dislike the country all u want but americans (especially men..coz of the social hierachy) have contributed alot of positive things to the world...although its easy to lose sight of that with all the negative.

there is a huge chunk of highly intelligent, witty, ironic and self aware americans out there. believe me, ive met alot of them. its just that their idiotic, ignorant redneck counterparts are louder and more visible. like everyone knows who jerry springer is, and the trash that he has on his show. but not as many ppl know who john stewart is, who is an amazingly clever left wing political talk show host...hes brilliant!

look in my experience yanks are either absolutely sweet, kind and curious about australia.....or total self obsessed arrogant tw*ts with no comprehension of a world outside their own. there seems to be nothing in between.

monaroCountry

Juniors
Mrs. Prissy
img5.jpg

Look daddy, im wearing you helmet, it’s a little bit big. These paddings make me look big and mean…………….when im actually ?????.
art.jpg

Proof that all those junk foods and sweets aren’t good for you.
lambert.jpg

monaroCountry

Juniors
Now lets do some comparisons
NFL players
Case1
Mr. Turbo-eater, will eat little girls :)
c865ddaa7f6ac8f5ea3c87e5c3e987c7.jpg

Case 2
The Mac twins, very appetizing combination. Will not last ten minutes in a league game.

Case 3
There goes your bigger, faster, better theory. Featuring Mr. and Mrs. skeleton. These guys will snap like a twig in the tougher game of rugby league.
30920_mason110803.JPG

monaroCountry

Juniors
Now for NRL
Case 1
17s_league_wideweb__430x318.jpg

Case 2
(Mundine ex footballer turned world boxing champ, coming back to football)
anthony_mundine,1.jpg

Case 3
08_haumono.jpg

Solomon Haumono footballer turned boxing pro and New South Wales heavyweight boxing champion (was approached by Don King himself) before returning to league.
12048083.jpg

redVgirl

Juniors
yankeeboy said:
redVgirl, I'd say that that is a very accurate assesment. John Stewart rocks!

thanks mate! glad you agree. i really feel quite sorry for a lot of americans, they get tarred with same 'idiot' brush as the rest of the population. i also found in my travels throughout the states (been there 4 times) that yes there is definitely ignorance, but not necessarily arrogance (although arrogance does exist in epic proportions..lol) but yeh i found people to be curious and friendly, especially in the south/texas/midwest. its more that they dont know any better, and less about wilful ignorance.

one thing that annoys me though is how alot of american guys seem to assume aussie girls are really easy, just because we are more forward and have less formal manners than american girls. somehow someway that stereotype got out and whenever i meet american guys now they are like 'oh yeh ive heard u aussie chicks are really easygoing...wink wink'. EW!

anyway i loooovvve john stewart! hes a champ. there are so many people in america like him, they just need to be heard above the din of fox news, reality tv and jerry springer. also, i like your new signature much better - lewis black is hilarious ;-)

yankeeboy

Juniors
Wow monaro, some league players can box.

In American football, it is illegal to punch another player, so whether or not a player can box is beside the point.

Boxing doesn't expecially make you good at playing another sport.
You'd be surprised at how tough the little guys are. And besides, they are bigger than many NRL players (especially the halves and hookers), so size really wouldn't make a difference.

And just because the NFL players have a gut doesn't make them poor athletes. A lineman has the most physically tiring job of any American football player...he has to act as a brick wall preventing the opponent from getting through. They are very strong men, and, while not really physically suited for league, are superb athletes.

Rememer, American football has no ten meter rule. If they did, then linemen would be pointless and wouldn't be in the game.

Just because Choc boxes doesn't make him better than American footballers.

And you also have taken photograph from different contexts...the NFL shots are mostly between plays, while the RL shots are action photos.

I could do the exact opposite thing, but I'm not.

And if you are going to doubt the athleticism of American footballers, then I have just 5 words for you. BO JACKSON and DEION SANDERS.

monaroCountry

Juniors
In American football, it is illegal to punch another player, so whether or not a player can box is beside the point.
Punching in league is also illegal. The point I was trying to make is the adoptability of some rugby league players.

You'd be surprised at how tough the little guys are. And besides, they are bigger than many NRL players (especially the halves and hookers), so size really wouldn't make a difference.
Those guys not only look small but are also very very thin, making them easy target in rugby league. Some league players might be short but are built, and also have great upper and lower body strength.

And just because the NFL players have a gut doesn't make them poor athletes. A lineman has the most physically tiring job of any American football player...he has to act as a brick wall preventing the opponent from getting through. They are very strong men, and, while not really physically suited for league, are superb athletes.
They might be good at their job, that I give you. However having a big gut usually means that one isnt in the best of shape. Clearly those guys with the big gut are not very fit.

Rememer, American football has no ten meter rule. If they did, then linemen would be pointless and wouldn't be in the game.

Just because Choc boxes doesn't make him better than American footballers.

And you also have taken photograph from different contexts...the NFL shots are mostly between plays, while the RL shots are action photos.

I could do the exact opposite thing, but I'm not.

And if you are going to doubt the athleticism of American footballers, then I have just 5 words for you. BO JACKSON and DEION SANDERS.
ozhawk66

MutOofd

Juniors
Jim Brown stood 6.2 - 220 and was offered a pro boxing contract after college for an alledged 150.000 USD...
Bob St.Clair also was quite the boxer...

MutOofd

Juniors
monaroCountry said:
Some more action photos. Paddings and helmets certainly soften the impacts. Tackles like these, would most likely result in NFL players cowering like pansies.

15405806.jpg

15405784.jpg

15590459.jpg

NOT!!!

Nice thread.

Threads about other sports on this forum, be it union (sorry YAWNION LOLOL AM I RIGHT GUYS!!) AFL (sorry AFL LOLOL AM I RIGHT GUYS!!) or soccer (sorry POOFBALL LOLOL AM I RIGHT GUYS!!) are always good for a laugh because posters on this forum are completely unable to admit that an athlete from a sport that isn't rugby league might *GASP* somehow be more superior in any aspect.

Keep up the good work guys

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dear Wristy mcsookalot,

you can shut the f**k up and leave now, no one cares for your opinion.

Love,
Every other member of LU

monaroCountry

Juniors
are always good for a laugh because posters on this forum are completely unable to admit that an athlete from a sport that isn't rugby league might *GASP* somehow be more superior in any aspect.
NOT TRUE.........soccer players might get injured easily (fake or not) but they are very skillful with the ball. AFL players are also very skillfull, but seeing as I live in NSW I cant (and wont) say that out loud. Rugby, well not as skillful but I admitt that those guys are tough as nails.

However back to NFL, yes they do have some skillful and fast players, but guys like Fatty McFats are neither skillful, fast or very strong. I would NEVER call these blubbers ATHLETES. As a whole I also believe that NRL players are better athletes, compared with their NFL counterparts.

ozhawk66

Juniors
SHD said:
Exactly, bunch of twigs. One pansy belts another pansy with his helmet who subsequently has to go to hospital. For one thing NRL athletes don't need to utilise rock hard helmets to hurt someone unlike aforementioned girls, and for another the above is just a testament to what a soft c**k that Jackson guy is, put most NRL players in the same position and they get up and giggle :lol:

Most NRL players would end up worse than just a seizure in that scenario as they are smaller and slower and aren't used to getting hit that hard. Hell, they suspend NRL players weekly for high tackles when it's part of the game in football. And I didn't know anyone receiving a hit resulting in a seizure was soft. Nice try, androtop.

Another reason why the NFL has a 'No Boys Allowed' rule, unlike the NRL. We don't suspend NFL players for "dangersous" tackles. It's part of the game.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Yeah, it's a lie you syphilitic cyber-spastic.

18 year olds aren't allowed to play in the NFL. Whether it's a safety issue or they're scared that the towel-flicking in the locker room afterwards will upset 18 year olds is irrelevant.

You keep barking that 18 year olds couldn't physically handle the NFL, that is an opinion, not a fact. No 18 year old has played in the NFL, come back with your facts after that happens.

Idiot response with the lame towel joke. No wonder you are one.

And saying 17/18 year olds can't play in the NFL is not an opinion. It's fact. The fact that no 18 year old, not even close, by the way, has ever played or ever will play in the NFL is something you cannot bring yourself to admit. It shows your willingly ignorance to rationalize the real world that makes up the NFL and the one you choose to live in.

And it's a very different world from college and high school football.

Choppies

Coach
Forrest I was gonna tell you more about Fatty McFats.

He was considered for the NBA draft this year.
I mean hes just a f**kin supreme athlete Milwaukee and Atlanta were really considering him. Fatty plays Point Guard and bloody hell he does it well.

Fatty had to reject the NBA because playing in the NFL was his dream.
He says he wanted to look skinny next to his team mates.

Good luck to Fatty I say.
My heart goes with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.