What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW 2024 - Parramatta Eels

emjaycee

Coach
Getting back to the NRLW, again the Roosters announce signings today despite the strength of their squad. Would be nice if somehow we were made aware of signings and retentions.

Has the club gone too low key on the team, there was so much interest , then losing so many integral players and hardly replacing them has dealt a big blow. Any information from the club would be handy
Have you asked them?

Delboy

First Grade
Have you asked them?
No, their job should be to keep the masses informed and quite honestly it’s not something they are good at. I know the females in my family were keen last year, but losing so many faves and being relatively uncompetitive didn’t get them to commit this year, and no info doesn’t help .

Sure, there are no leaks, but the club hasn't got on top of communication other than a few puff pieces. Think it would be a step forward for the club to be better in this area.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Surprised this didnt happen when we were first admitted.
They might’ve been waiting to see if there was a benefit before justifying the extra expense. There’s a notional dollar value on how much fans and sponsors care about women’s rugby league. If you spend more than that you’re wasting money. The same is also true of the men’s game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They might’ve been waiting to see if there was a benefit before justifying the extra expense. There’s a notional dollar value on how much fans and sponsors care about women’s rugby league. If you spend more than that you’re wasting money. The same is also true of the men’s game.
Having a team for the sake of it is wasting money as well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Again, there are NRLW signings announced daily, unfortunately we seem to be unwilling or unable to tell us poor fans anything. There was some info for instance on junior rep signings, but not from the club.
Have you seen how these dopes react when the club announces signings in the bottom of the top 30? If they’re not Origin players the club seems better off not announcing anything.

Delboy

First Grade
Another NRLW player now signs at the Tigers, just so poor there is little movement or information on the Eels Women’s team. Obviously MON is not the most active HOF, but this feels almost negligent.

Anyone have any idea how the side is progressing, not sure who is actually at the club currently apart from Kennedy Cherrington who is the figurehead.

T.S Quint

Coach
Obviously MON is not the most active HOF, but this feels almost negligent

It’s only negligent if he’s not doing his job, which I assume he is.
It’s not his job to do media and press releases. I assume that’s the media and communications department, which would report to the CEO. He’s the one who needs to pick up his act.

Delboy

First Grade
It’s only negligent if he’s not doing his job, which I assume he is.
It’s not his job to do media and press releases. I assume that’s the media and communications department, which would report to the CEO. He’s the one who needs to pick up his act.
Question is, who are on our team, other sides have been publishing their retentions and signings, we have no clue.

MON puts out and signs off on all those communications as HOF, not sure that’s ever been in Sarentinos playbook. The club needs to get serious about their women's teams , because currently they seem somewhat disinterested, perhaps not but their lack of info doesn’t do much to garner support.

T.S Quint

Coach
Question is, who are on our team, other sides have been publishing their retentions and signings, we have no clue.

MON puts out and signs off on all those communications as HOF, not sure that’s ever been in Sarentinos playbook. The club needs to get serious about their women's teams , because currently they seem somewhat disinterested, perhaps not but their lack of info doesn’t do much to garner support.

I do agree that the club can improve their communication with fans. Hell, we don’t even know which squad Talagi is in for this year yet, despite preseason being underway a long time ago.

I’m just not sure that media releases are what MON should be focusing on. That should be the CEO’s job to make sure that stuff gets out. It really shouldn’t be that hard for him to sort this out.

JokerEel

Coach
I do agree that the club can improve their communication with fans. Hell, we don’t even know which squad Talagi is in for this year yet, despite preseason being underway a long time ago.

I’m just not sure that media releases are what MON should be focusing on. That should be the CEO’s job to make sure that stuff gets out. It really shouldn’t be that hard for him to sort this out.

Should be a simple task..

CEO asks the media team to send something out on the squad

Media team talk to the coaching staff to get accurate details

Media team posts update.

Sounds easy to us.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Should be a simple task..

CEO asks the media team to send something out on the squad

Media team talk to the coaching staff to get accurate details

Media team posts update.

Sounds easy to us.
Check Zero Tackle. NRLW Player movements. My post was deleted for lack of source.

T.S Quint

Coach
Is it terrific news?
I don't know if shes any good, or if she's the female equivalent of Waqa Blake.

Someone please tell me how to feel!

Gronk

Staff member
Last year they released our "(re-)signings" weekly as some sort of a premeditated slow season launch.

Let's hope that they have some nice surprises for us, considering that they also have a Harvey Norman side to fill this year as well ?

Disney Good Luck GIF by High School Musical: The Musical: The Series | Disney+