What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team for Origin 3

Hutty1986

Immortal
bluey said:
Players that should be in
Lance thompson
Gower 5/8
kimmorley half

I have a feeling Muzza actually wants to WIN this third game, so I don't think our old mate Brett will make it

JJ

Immortal
Mini - Hodgson
Grothe/Tahu
Cooper
Gasnier
King
Hill
Orford
O'Meley
Buderus
Kite
Mason
Hindmarsh
O'Donnell

Res
Bailey
Simpson
Ryan
Menzies

brenno

Juniors
Hodgson
Grothe
Cooper
Gasnier
King
Hill
Gower
O'Meley
Buderus
Bailey
Mason
Hindmarsh
O'Donnell

Res
Kite
Simpson
Ryan
Menzies

Iafeta

Referee
There's a couple of blokes that will next to no mention in the run in to selection for Origin 3, but they should be in the squad.

Robbie Farah as replacement dummy half - he's brilliant that bloke

Paul Gallen - along with Clinton Schifcofske the most underrated player in the NRL

Neither player would let anyone down and in actual fact would be a fantastic job. I don't know what state Luke Douglas is from, but unless Mark O'Meley shows some serious improvement for Canterbury over the next couple of weeks I'd seriously consider him.

Aside from them two, New South Wales need to seriously look at their halves. Freddy Kreuger Finch and the prodigal child never was never will be Anasta need to get the flick. In my book, it comes down to a three way run - Orford, Gower, and another surprise but again a bloke who gets in there, does his job professionally, thoroughly in Ben Hornby. He probably won't get another State of Origin guernsey but he's a terrifically solid player.

1 Hodgson
2 King
3 Gasnier
4 Tahu
5 Grothe Jr
6 Hornby
7 Orford
8 Ryles
9 Buderus
10 Bailey
11 Mason
12 Hindmarsh
13 O'Donnell/Menzies (dependent on O'Donnell's fitness)

Bench

Gallen
Farah
Douglas/Leoroyd Lahs/O'Meley - picked purely on form
Menzies/Simpson (dependent on whether O'Donnell is fit to play)

Gorrrrne: Kite, Anasta, Finch, Perhaps O'Meley, Wing

While that may seem a load of changes, NSW shouldn't lose site of the fact they won by 1 point against a poorly performed Queensland outfit. They wrote themselves up with comments like "Queensland's not a bad team, we're just really good" and forgot they were nearly pulled back by a team playing well below their best.

Iafeta

Referee
simon says said:
Hill in for Anasta.Gower in for Finch.Dean Young for Wing,Laffranchi in for O'Meley.....

Then we have the form players in the NSW team.

Young would be another good pick.

Johns Magic

Referee
My team, assuming Mini is unavailable and the rumours of Johns' return are false:

1. Adam MacDougall
2. Matt King
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Scott Hill
7. Matt Head
8. Willie Mason
9. Danny Buderus
10. Luke Bailey
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Lance Thompson
13. Steve Menzies

14. Joel Clinton
15. Paul Gallen
16. Luke O'Donnell
17. Dean Young

Johns Magic

Referee
Iafeta said:
Robbie Farah as replacement dummy half - he's brilliant that bloke

Paul Gallen - along with Clinton Schifcofske the most underrated player in the NRL

Not sure if you're talking stricly in relation to the NSW team, but Shif is a Cane Toad.

gregstar

Referee
1. David Seage
2. Brian Carney
3. Matthew Gidley
4. George Carmont
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns (c)
8. Craig Smith
9. Danny Buderus
10. Josh Perry
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Reegan Tanner

Interchange:
14. Luke Davico
15. Adam Woolnough
16. Todd Lowrie
17. Riley Brown
18. Kirk Reynoldson

selector

r&bk

wing24

Juniors
1. Ben Hornby 2.matt King 3.mark Gasnier 4.matt Cooper 5.eric Grothe 6.scott Hill 7.craig Gower 8.luke Bailey 9.danny Buderus 10.willie Mason 11. Nathan Hindmarsh 12.luke O Donnell 13.andrew Ryan Bench 14.jason Ryles 15.paul Gallen 16.dean Young 17. Mark O Meley

aussies1st

Staff member
Breadman said:
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Matt King
3. Matt Cooper
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Eric Grothe
6. Scott Hill
7. Matt Orford
8. Wille Mason
9. Danny Buderus (c)
10. Brent Kite
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Steve Menzies
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Luke Bailey
15. Tom Learoyd-Lars
16. Paul Gallen
17. Craig Gower

Good team. Maybe Geyer in at 5/8 as hes going great guns there. Tom LL totally 100% agree.

Vicious

Bench
1.Hodgson
2.King
3.Cooper
4.Gasnier
5.Tahu or Grothe
6.Hornby
7.Johns (He`ll be back)
13.O`Donnell (if fit, if not Gallen)
12.Simpson
11.Hindmarsh
10.Mason
9.Buderus
8.Bailey

14.Young
15.Menzies
16.O`Meley
17.Kite or Ryles

***I reckon this will be very close to the mark ???

RABK

Referee
gregstar said:
1. David Seage
2. Brian Carney
3. Matthew Gidley
4. George Carmont
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns (c)
8. Craig Smith
9. Danny Buderus
10. Josh Perry
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Reegan Tanner

Interchange:
14. Luke Davico
15. Adam Woolnough
16. Todd Lowrie
17. Riley Brown
18. Kirk Reynoldson

selector

r&bk

f**k off, i never once pressed for any Knights players to be added to the side. Unless Minichiello and O'Donnell are Knights players?

Iafeta

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Not sure if you're talking stricly in relation to the NSW team, but Shif is a Cane Toad.

Purely in terms of the NRL.

Schifcofske and Gallen are straight out class acts who are massively underrated by rep selectors, experts and the like. I'd have both at my club any day of the week.

gregstar

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
f**k off, i never once pressed for any Knights players to be added to the side. Unless Minichiello and O'Donnell are Knights players?
joke rbk!

joke!

Sir Biffo

Bench
1. Hodgson
2. King
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Tahu
6. Hornby
7. Gower (Unless Joey ...)
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. O'Meley (I know he had a shocker, but please Ryles is woeful)
11. Hindmarsh
12. Simpson
13. Ryan

14. Young
15. Menzies
16. Mason
17. Leahroyd-Lars (Now Canberra have had a taste of a player on a rep side they're getting greedy.)

Yosh

Coach
1. Hodgson (he can ball play as well)
2. Tahu
3. Gaz
4. Cooper
5. Grothe Jr
6. Anasta (should get a $100 fine everytime he attempts a pass, should just run the ball)
7. Johns (only reason i left anasta back in no.6 coz he doesnt need to play the ball, and Hodgson can ball play)
8. Bull Baily
9. Buderus (should defintly be playing at least 65 to 70 mins a game)
10. Shrek
11. Mason
12. Hindmarsh
13. Menzies

14. Tom LL
15. Simpson
16. Dean Young
17. Josh Perry (hmmmm...... i know im going to get hammered for this)

yeah the halves are the biggest problem atm. definately need johns back. i dont see any other way out of this hole. gower, orford, me(^^) and kimmorly just dont seem to be the answer.

seeing as the forwards also lacked go forward i dont see why we dont get some bigger boppers in there. having baily and shrek start, because i rekon they offer more stabilty and they are solid. and i think at the beginning they wont get as hammered as much as kite and give the qlds a confidence boost. Tom LL is like 100000 times better then kite.

mason to run wide at lockyer, and noone else, and hopefully break his leg, and arm, and hopefuly kill him (jk). i think its the best way to use the big bloke who can also off load to the centre and get 2nd phase play going. the centres lacked any quality ball, thats why they couldnt do crap. if we get 2nd phase play going directly to them i think they can cause some havoc.

hindy should play 65 yo 70 mins also. we have dean young who can come on for bedsy for a while and then bedsy come on for hindy and dean young moves back to 2nd row. then he can interchange with anyone.

simpson also running wide, he was running too much in the middle in the 2nd game which i dont think he likes to much. run at the smaller men and make huge gains, thats what he is good at.

finally josh perry. this guy has the ability to become the greatest prop in the world, but doesnt for some reason. however i dont think he will dissapoint in origin, and he might even cause a good fight. i always have enjoyed a good biff at origin level, might spark something.

finally, i would just like to say, if your listening to this joey, please come and help us.