What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODI WC Final: Ind v Aust Nov 19, 2023 - AUSTRALIA 2023 CHAMPIONS

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
great win

hard to beleive that a month or so back we were shit and it was mainly our bowlers being shit and some incividual performances were getting us home

I thought we bowled well and used the pitch conditions perfectly which is what we were not doing earlier in the WC matches and set it up for our batsmen not to panic and get us home

a lot of people crying harder on social media this morning

King-Gutho94

Coach
This Aust team gets a lot of shit.....but just look at the results this year.

*Test champions
*ODI Champions
*Ashes champions

I'll that that for a dollar. All of those achievements completed on away pitches too.
Look i suppose we have come out pretty well.

The Ashes draw still annoys me because we haven't done it over there since 2001. And i sit through live watching Zac Crawley flog us around Old Trafford on Day 2.

If we won in 2019 then i suppose a draw this year wouldn't have been as frustating.

The fact that come 2027 the next series in England we would have gone 26 years without Winning an ashes series in UK still stings.

But you cant have everything i suppose we still retained it.

simmo1

First Grade
Awesome performance. Perhaps our best ever ODI win, given how dominant India have been and how poor we looked at the start of the tournament.

Whoever came up with the decision to bowl first deserves a heap of credit. Ballsy call that turned out 100% correct.

Must be said, India shat themselves here too. Only Rohit looked to bat with intent, and their bowling was very panicked. They took two wickets with wides and another that wasn't out.

This Year?

Immortal
Still can't believe it happened. I've critised our fields, what we've bowled to them and last night it all came together. I think another factor is that we really done our homework gave our opponents the respect they deserve. India however, just assumed it would go to script and when it didn't they looked lost. Very dissapointing for them because they've been outstanding for every other game.

Canard

Immortal
Trigger alert eels fans.

I think it was 2003, Eels had dominated the season, in a quarterfinal they played the last 19 minutes against the warriors with 12 men because Brian Smith wanted to see how the team went in that situation or some bullhockey arrogance.

Team India bowling Rohit and Kholi in the last preliminary game smelled of the same arrogance.

Both teams lost.

What's the point of this story? I like stories.
Didn't Smith also deliberately turn up late for another final, as a "just in case" training for him being sick or unavailable?

Valheru

Coach
The fallout from this should be good.

What new rules and changes to the tournament structure will be introduced to help India win the next one?

Then you have the poms not wanting the ashes and CWC in the same year but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't it them that changed the years the ashes are down here so they wouldn't have to have an away ashes and the CWC in the same season? That still isn't good enough for the sooks.

King-Gutho94

Coach
The fallout from this should be good.

What new rules and changes to the tournament structure will be introduced to help India win the next one?

Then you have the poms not wanting the ashes and CWC in the same year but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't it them that changed the years the ashes are down here so they wouldn't have to have an away ashes and the CWC in the same season? That still isn't good enough for the sooks.
Yep 2003, 2007 & 2011 world cups were completed in Feb-March after an Ashes series in Australia in the preceding summer.

So England wanted it changed.

blue bags

First Grade
WHAT A WIN!

I take back everything I said RE toss. What a muppet I am. No wonder I never made it past a 2nd grade club cricketer!

We had a plan, and it went to near perfection. Bowlers amazing, choked the Indian batsmen and gave them nothing. Fielding again outstanding. BJ - what an innings. One of our greats, we needed someone to rise to the occasion, and rise to the occasion he did.

Lamb Shank - he's been derided, but that's exactly why he was there. We don't win that without him. Thank f**k there was enough sense to keep picking him ahead of Shit Rig.

What a f**king win. This Indian team was rampant. They beat up every single team.. 130 thousand of them in a final, in their own backyard, against all the odds. f**king brilliant

Off to wake the missus up and give her the best 23 seconds of her life! Soak it up fellas
Fantastic. I will wake up your missus tonight
😍

King-Gutho94

Coach
Link not working. What's it's about ?
Michael Vaughan put up a tweet claiming Indian players had already gone inside when Pat Cummins and the Aussies were on the stage holding the trophy up.

He has obviously taken it down. So not sure if it happened or not.

But pretty shit sportsmanship if they did

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Since 2020 we lost 3 white ball legends they would be sitting above having a drink and enjoyed it this morning.

There spirit alone reinforced why we deserved this World cup.

View attachment 81980View attachment 81981View attachment 81982

Yes they would all look down and smile, especially Warney, I remember how excited he was when we won back in 2015 at his test. He wouldve got amongst the players last night

All 3 played great roles in our World Cup wins, 1987, 1999, 2003 and 2007.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Not sure what everyone else thinks but I feel our close wins previously over NZ, South Africa, Afghanistan may have played a bigger advantage over India who had easier wins over NZ, South Africa, Sri Lanka, they were so dominant, that I think the only tough game they had was probably the pool game against NZ. We played the tough grinding wins whereas India mightve thought they would turn up and do what they would normally do

Last edited:

Latest posts