What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Metallica are f*cking awesome

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fair enough.

And I apologise for the Korn comment. It was silly. I mean I used to listen to Korn religiously, so it was a stupid thing to say. :oops:

TBH Metallica aren't that bad. I'm not really a fan, but they're not that bad. Not my preferred thrash band, but their influence on thrash metal (hell, metal in general) cannot be questioned. They were huge - they still are!

Shame that they've always relied on such a crappy drummer, though - can you imagine just how much better they'd have been had they actually had a talented drummer?

I hate Lars lol

mrpwnd

Bench
I'll get a bit of flaming for this.
But I actually really rated Linkin Park before Bono started touching their asses with his dirty hands.

mrpwnd

Bench
Fair enough.

And I apologise for the Korn comment. It was silly. I mean I used to listen to Korn religiously, so it was a stupid thing to say. :oops:

TBH Metallica aren't that bad. I'm not really a fan, but they're not that bad. Not my preferred thrash band, but their influence on thrash metal (hell, metal in general) cannot be questioned. They were huge - they still are!

Shame that they've always relied on such a crappy drummer, though - can you imagine just how much better they'd have been had they actually had a talented drummer?

I hate Lars lol
It took Lars years to finally learn how to use a double pedal.
He's nowhere near the likes of Portnoy or Mancino.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll get a bit of flaming for this.
But I actually really rated Linkin Park before Bono started touching their asses with his dirty hands.

Bono was/is associated with Linkin Park? :shock:

I actually agree, mate - Hybrid Theory was a pretty good album IMO. Their second was OK but since then...The stuff they release these days is shocking.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Absolutely.

I used to think it was because of the production on the records - but I have seen them live (once at a concert and also on TV) and he is just awful.

Kornstar

Coach
Fair enough.

I hate Lars lol

I can't argue with about Lars, he is the weakest link! His drumming on the Black album is damn right poor (basic) considering how great some of the music is written on that album.

He ruined my Sydney concert this year too with some of the sh*t he was doing, destroyed the whole flow of most of their songs!!!

I reckon Lars gives James half his pay packet to stay in the band!!!!!

bildo

Juniors
Did anyone see Guns n Roses at the V8 Supercars gig? Apparently they were a bad joke when they played in Townsville. Kept the audience waiting for 2 hours then came on and lip synched for about 5 minutes. Axel then attempted to sing but lost his voice . Biggest bad joke ever, apparently.

Gronk

Staff member
Did anyone see Guns n Roses at the V8 Supercars gig? Apparently they were a bad joke when they played in Townsville. Kept the audience waiting for 2 hours then came on and lip synched for about 5 minutes. Axel then attempted to sing but lost his voice . Biggest bad joke ever, apparently.

Milli Vanilli, Britney Spears. GnR are in good company there.

SDM

First Grade

I thought they were good on Saturday night.

I wouldn't waste my time singing for a bunch of inbred hicks in Townsville either.

84 Baby

Referee
Honestly I'm not a fan of Lamb of God but their drummer really showed Lars up. I only saw them at the end of their Thursday set before Metallica and I turned into a fan... then the guy with the mike opened his mouth and begun to bring up a lung and I remembered why I think they're sh!te

Eelementary

Post Whore
Honestly I'm not a fan of Lamb of God but their drummer really showed Lars up. I only saw them at the end of their Thursday set before Metallica and I turned into a fan... then the guy with the mike opened his mouth and begun to bring up a lung and I remembered why I think they're sh!te

I'm a big LOG fan, so I'm probably biased, but he's an insane drummer.

It's a shame that Lars is such a talentless tool - Hammett and Hetfield are very talented, and wrote some great stuff. I always felt they were let down by Lars not being particularly gifted on drums.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
comparing LOG's drummer to Lars is like comparing Joey Johns to Tim Smith

jayjayselmes

Juniors

Lars is no where near as good as the likes of Portnoy, Jordison, Peart and those guys.

But the music is a crap load better. I would pay to see you boys pop onto a kit and play puppets or blackened and see how you guys fare!!!:lol:

jayjayselmes

Juniors
comparing LOG's drummer to Lars is like comparing Joey Johns to Tim Smith
ahhaha If you call playing 16th and 32th notes on Double Pedal awesome then you don't know crap about drumming....

I was there checking this LOG drummer out. He was good but i got sick of double bass for every song!!!

Now if you want to see a quality drummer that can actually play double bass as well as he plays his hands go and watch Raymond Hererra.... No there is a dam good double pedal player

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Fair enough.

I hate Lars lol

Can you explain what constitutes talent? I mean they have sold over 110 million albums dude. Seriously I rate some of the bands you listed but they arent even a wart on my ass compared to Metallica.

One of my idol drummers is Portnoy but saying Dream Theater are or any other band you listed is a joke.

Even with a new drummer honestly how much bigger could Metallica get? 200 million albums maybe? Who knows....

And if these bands you speak of are better why havent they sold more albums or topped metallica in same way??

James and LArs write all the songs. Lars arranges how the song goes together from bass to guitar to even how the song will be structured (ie) verse and chorus etc

jayjayselmes

Juniors
I can't argue with about Lars, he is the weakest link! His drumming on the Black album is damn right poor (basic) considering how great some of the music is written on that album.

He ruined my Sydney concert this year too with some of the sh*t he was doing, destroyed the whole flow of most of their songs!!!

I reckon Lars gives James half his pay packet to stay in the band!!!!!

Which night did you go to?

Remember lars will ALWAYS be in the band. He is the founding member of Metallica. He and Dave Mustaine actually started the band.... its well documented

Latest posts