What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Metallica are f*cking awesome

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ahhaha If you call playing 16th and 32th notes on Double Pedal awesome then you don't know crap about drumming....

I was there checking this LOG drummer out. He was good but i got sick of double bass for every song!!!

Now if you want to see a quality drummer that can actually play double bass as well as he plays his hands go and watch Raymond Hererra.... No there is a dam good double pedal player

double bass, double pedal, lol

its double kick douchebag and I was playing it when you were just an itch in your dads pants

Haynzy

First Grade
Burton and Tujillo were and are the best thing about Metallica and Trujillo is wasted in Metallica.

84 Baby

Referee
Which night did you go to?

Remember lars will ALWAYS be in the band. He is the founding member of Metallica. He and Dave Mustaine actually started the band.... its well documented
Lars started the band. Mustaine was the 4th member after Hetfield and Hugh Tanner

Kornstar

Coach
Which night did you go to?

Remember lars will ALWAYS be in the band. He is the founding member of Metallica. He and Dave Mustaine actually started the band.... its well documented

Unfortunately i was at the Saturday night concert and there were more mistakes than at a Parramatta game!!!!

Apart from the errors, Lars was continually dropping in ridiculously long fills that ruined any flow to most songs, which made it really hard for me to get into. Funnily enough it was the faster stuff that sounded better......they lost me when they played that almost country song!

James still sounds great, Kirk was so, so.....he actually sounded like he struggled with triplets and double pumping at times but that may have just been the fact that the bass guitar was so overpowering that it cut his stuff out......

Vinnie Paul, now there is a drummer who knows how to use his double kick, i know he is oldskool but he wasn't mentioned and he was awesome for Pantera......

I am seeing Megadeth on the 18th at No Sleep Till and i know they won't disappoint, they still nail everything, plus they are playing Rust In Peace from start to finish, no matter whether you like them that much or not, RIP was an amazing album!!!!

Kornstar

Coach
Rust In Peace is a better album than any of Metallica's.

I 100% agree but i was seriously expecting to log back on and have 400 posts about why Megadeth are sh*t and **insert obscure band name here** are 1 million times better etc.

mrpwnd

Bench
Bono was/is associated with Linkin Park? :shock:

I actually agree, mate - Hybrid Theory was a pretty good album IMO. Their second was OK but since then...The stuff they release these days is shocking.
All I saw was them being close to Bono a bit too much after Meteora...Then came minutes to midnight which was...:shock:................:sarcasm:..............:?...........:x.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Can you explain what constitutes talent? I mean they have sold over 110 million albums dude. Seriously I rate some of the bands you listed but they arent even a wart on my ass compared to Metallica.

One of my idol drummers is Portnoy but saying Dream Theater are or any other band you listed is a joke.

Even with a new drummer honestly how much bigger could Metallica get? 200 million albums maybe? Who knows....

And if these bands you speak of are better why havent they sold more albums or topped metallica in same way??

James and LArs write all the songs. Lars arranges how the song goes together from bass to guitar to even how the song will be structured (ie) verse and chorus etc

Lars is a talented song-writer. But he's an average drummer IMO.

Obviously talent is subjective. But IMO Mike Portnoy, Matthias Voigt, Flo Mounier and Martin Lopez are all world class drummers.

Eelementary

Post Whore
All I saw was them being close to Bono a bit too much after Meteora...Then came minutes to midnight which was...:shock:................:sarcasm:..............:?...........:x.

Whatever happened to Linkin Park? Bloody Bono...

Eelementary

Post Whore
But I should add I am not a musician myself - I tried playing the drums many years ago and failed. I cannot understand how some blokes (such as Flo, for instance) can play so quickly and yet in such an organized fashion. It blows my mind.

80s bands are considered old school?
U2 aren't old school, this is old school:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXvt25IsIZ0
And much more awesome as well.

Ahhh the Dubliners, I so enjoy their Greatest hits.

Having said that I went and saw Guns and Roses at the Sydney Telstra 500 last Saturday.

Most of the stuff they played early was from Chinese Democracy, no one knew but once they moved to older stuff from Appetite for Destruction or Use your Illusion, or the concert kicked off and the fans were right into it.

Axl was only 1 hour late as well.

Suitman

Post Whore
John Lennon.

Thirty Years Gone today.

Now he was awesome.

What a waste of a human life.
The murderer (I refuse to mention his name) robbed the world of a genius of the music world.
The world is still poorer for the loss of the life of Lennon. There was so much more he could have given. :(

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah I'm down with the Leon love. Although I hate "Imagine".

You may well do, but Imagine still goes down as a classic. And it was. There are so many brilliant Lennon, and Lennon + McCartney songs/hits. I think people just take them for granted these days.

Suity

Springs

First Grade
You may well do, but Imagine still goes down as a classic. And it was. There are so many brilliant Lennon, and Lennon + McCartney songs/hits. I think people just take them for granted these days.

Suity

Most people my age wouldn't even recognise them, neither the songs or the men. To me, Imagine is the No. 1 song of all time. Songs like Happy Xmas people take for granted, probably think it is some old christian carol.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Suity

Indeed, good sir. I don't deny it's a classic - but personally, I always felt "Imagine" was one of Lennon's more bland offerings. But he and McCartney were pure magic together, and Lennon himself was an absolute genius.

But I think you're right - people take musical genius for granted these days. IMO blokes who don't get enough respect (people like Michael Jackson [the greatest entertainer who ever lived IMO], Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler [two of the greatest guitar players I have ever seen], McCartney, Lennon, Johnny Cash...) get put aside while society puts blokes who can't even compete on a pedestal. I mean, sure - Nirvana were influential and all...But why is Kurt Cobain put on such a high pedestal, whilst the guys I listed miss out? :crazy:

People generally just don't write music like those blokes did IMO. Shame, really.

mrpwnd

Bench
Indeed, good sir. I don't deny it's a classic - but personally, I always felt "Imagine" was one of Lennon's more bland offerings. But he and McCartney were pure magic together, and Lennon himself was an absolute genius.

But I think you're right - people take musical genius for granted these days. IMO blokes who don't get enough respect (people like Michael Jackson [the greatest entertainer who ever lived IMO], Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler [two of the greatest guitar players I have ever seen], McCartney, Lennon, Johnny Cash...) get put aside while society puts blokes who can't even compete on a pedestal. I mean, sure - Nirvana were influential and all...But why is Kurt Cobain put on such a high pedestal, whilst the guys I listed miss out? :crazy:

People generally just don't write music like those blokes did IMO. Shame, really.
I think what blokes like Lennon, Randy, Clapton, Satriani, Page, Jackson and Mercury did was make a very clear gap between the average music nuffy and themselves in terms of professionalism and skill.
The only thing Cobain and Nirvana ever did was create a massive boom of untalented kids taking up guitar, bass and drumming lessons and making crappy, angsty and 'political' bullsh*t in their small garage. The only person I rate from Nirvana was probably Grohl, even then I don't even rate him that much.
Modern music nowadays is so dominated by hip hop, fast talking(rap loooool) and auto-tune, no one cares if you actually have skill, quite sad really.

Last edited:

Latest posts