What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Forum

northey

First Grade
oh and don't forget astro, guys automatically believe your choice is influenced by what the player looks like, i have been accused of that before.. lol sorry to say, but there aint many lookers in the knights team... well there were next to none when i was accused

astrogirl

First Grade
Hey Parki

Before you do that, could you please take the time to replace actual names with forum names? Thanks dude

TooheysNew

Coach
Parki's articles are posted on the Crusade website anyway. (althought it's not fully operational at the moment lol).

PrideKnight

Bench
end of the day, the crusade started here in these forums, we all feel we owe it to LU to remain loyal here, we could have very easily started our own forum with the crusade site, but thats disloyal.

if the term "private" bothers so many people, maybe we can have that changed, or the blurb "The Knights Crusade is a supporters group started in Season 2005. If you would like to join the Knights Crusade please let us know." off the main knights page changed slightly.

Everything else stands to reason though, and we'll get up people and try to encourage active participation from all members in the whole site, end of the day though, thats a personal preference.

astrogirl

First Grade
antonius said:
I completely understand the points you make Mark. ie:- personal info etc, and that's fine. I'm just looking at it from the outside, when people come on here and see the section marked "Private" it imediately puts up wary mechanisms. I think some sort of permanant stickie with some explanation is a great idea, and will go a long way to helping quell that perception.
I think that's a top idea.

PrideKnight

Bench
astrogirl said:
Hey Parki

Before you do that, could you please take the time to replace actual names with forum names? Thanks dude

doesnt really work for those crusaders who dont post on the forums...

mark, add it in brackets if applicable.

astrogirl

First Grade
PrideKnight said:
end of the day, the crusade started here in these forums, we all feel we owe it to LU to remain loyal here, we could have very easily started our own forum with the crusade site, but thats disloyal.
Very true!

And we also can't forget that this Knights community here on LU was also added to by the posters from the old Knights forum.

So we have a long and illustrious history which we are all part of. Just wanna see us all posting away happily :D

Parki

Bench
its fine

its done now

all the crusaders i mentioned have their names changed to forum names

though some of the stuff i posted doesent exactly put us in the best of lights

Parki

Bench
the reality of the situation is this

I could modify it, I could change it to suit other peoples needs, but thats who we are. We love having banter with opposition fans, we love making jokes and having a laugh, and that may not be everyones cup of tea. Ive decided not to water it down, because thats the way it was posted in the crusade forum, everyone can deal with it the way they want

im sure for some people it will paint a picture of us as monsters, while others will just be able to laugh at it... I think thats the whole point of this topic today, so its staying like it is

if the mods are terribly offended by it, they can edit it

PrideKnight

Bench
fair call, and it can oonly be a good thing, people dont like the way we are, they will avoiud us, if they find it funny, they might finally make that leap.

with the names though, i think you should keep any of the others we move exactly as they are. there are enough forum name/real name threads that people can get the gist of who we are.

maybe we should put up a "meet the crusaders" thread?

in for a penny in for a pund though mark, so post the lot, or we can just move them from the crusade forum...

astrogirl

First Grade
PrideKnight said:
with the names though, i think you should keep any of the others we move exactly as they are. there are enough forum name/real name threads that people can get the gist of who we are.
PK, I suggested using forum names in the spirit of inclusiveness.

Most people would have no idea who Parki was writing about, had they not been changed.

antonius

Coach
I think we are tending to get a little hung up on the one thing (Marks article) what I'm really getting at is for sharing both ways, if you guys have a particular experience at a game, ie:- a player gives an insight to something I'd like to think you could post it on the main forum without being criticised for it, and that's where I think it's up to all of us to be supportive of that. On PK's comment that the Crusade could have formed it's own forum elsewhere,(and I mean this kindly) I think you benifit a lot more by being here at LU, you have a lot more exposure here, and I think you'd find it would be fairly quiet if you were to set up an exclusive Crusade forum as a stand alone thing. So lets all share the place together, at the end of the day we are all Knights supporters weather we belong to a particular group or not, lets just try and be more informative with one another. I really think a stickie on the main page would be a great help, it could also be used for threads/posts that while being Crusade mainly, might be able to be shared on the Footy forum? But lets not forget, the crusade thing is only one part of it, we need to be more active in here, and encourage new people not deter them. Let the lovin begin.

Who would have thought that it would come to this?

I knew there were people out there in forumworld that had issues with the Crusade and our sub-forum, but I honestly had no idea it was this widespread.

The bottom line is that we need our forum to remain private. I don't want my name, address, mobile phone number, etc to be posted on a public forum for the world to see. This is the sort of info that gets passed around on the Crusade forum on a daily basis... it is just there to eliminate the need for a whole lot of PMing. Surely everyone can understand where we are coming from on this one.

In the past we have been castigated publically for "having inside information" and "thinking that we are better than everyone else" and such, and yes, we have fired up. The reason for this is that many of the accusations that have been levelled at us are baseless. Not all of them, there are times when we have crossed the line and went in too hard, but many of them. I'm sure if you put yourselves in the position, and you consider reading something posted on a public forum that is little more than a baseless rant aimed at something that you have put a lot of time into and are immensely proud of, you will understand why angry reactions, and sometimes angry over-reactions, are made.

I whole-heartedly support any measure which makes the Crusade better understood by the forum community at large. Contrary to many people's beliefs, we are not a group of elitist w@nkers out to protect the boundaries some sort of 'secret society'. We welcome any contact, whether it be visit on game day, an email, a PM requesting info, anything. Many people here have already made the effort to come and make themselves known to us, and most have returned. I don't know of anyone who was disappointed with the welcome that they received. If we want a thread explaining the need for a private Crusade forum, or if we want a "Meet The Crusaders" thread, just say the word and they will appear.

Lastly, and most importantly, if you have any issue whatsoever, please feel free to PM me. As a leading member of the Crusade, I feel it is my responsibility to try to sort out any little misunderstandings that may occur.

B-dos

Referee
The_Joey_Show said:
Who would have thought that it would come to this?

I knew there were people out there in forumworld that had issues with the Crusade and our sub-forum, but I honestly had no idea it was this widespread.

The bottom line is that we need our forum to remain private. I don't want my name, address, mobile phone number, etc to be posted on a public forum for the world to see. This is the sort of info that gets passed around on the Crusade forum on a daily basis... it is just there to eliminate the need for a whole lot of PMing. Surely everyone can understand where we are coming from on this one.

In the past we have been castigated publically for "having inside information" and "thinking that we are better than everyone else" and such, and yes, we have fired up. The reason for this is that many of the accusations that have been levelled at us are baseless. Not all of them, there are times when we have crossed the line and went in too hard, but many of them. I'm sure if you put yourselves in the position, and you consider reading something posted on a public forum that is little more than a baseless rant aimed at something that you have put a lot of time into and are immensely proud of, you will understand why angry reactions, and sometimes angry over-reactions, are made.

I whole-heartedly support any measure which makes the Crusade better understood by the forum community at large. Contrary to many people's beliefs, we are not a group of elitist w@nkers out to protect the boundaries some sort of 'secret society'. We welcome any contact, whether it be visit on game day, an email, a PM requesting info, anything. Many people here have already made the effort to come and make themselves known to us, and most have returned. I don't know of anyone who was disappointed with the welcome that they received. If we want a thread explaining the need for a private Crusade forum, or if we want a "Meet The Crusaders" thread, just say the word and they will appear.

Lastly, and most importantly, if you have any issue whatsoever, please feel free to PM me. As a leading member of the Crusade, I feel it is my responsibility to try to sort out any little misunderstandings that may occur.

Good post TJS.

PS - Tony, if my post causes a stir and starts a b!tch seesion, then I apologize unreservedly. I understand and fully agree with the reason that you started this thread, and have no interest in getting you (or anyone else) offside. I just thought that some of the thoughts that I posted needed to be said.

astrogirl

First Grade
IMO there have been some arrogant remarks made on this forum in recent times. Perhaps they did not intend to be intimidating, but on occasion they could be interpreted as such.

The point I am trying to make is that we all need to take care that when we post, we are fairly sure our point of view will not be misconstrued.

Latest posts