What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parras historic achievement.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seeing as how Souths fans like to bang on about ancient hisotry so much, because lets face it, thats when they all their success:

From Round 13, 1944 to Round 1, 1947, Souths had a record of:

1 win, 31 Losses, For 309, Against 789, including 0 wins for the entire 1946 season.

Even in Parramatta's worst season, they still managed 2 wins.

BunniesMan

Immortal
In the time between this year and Parra's last wooden spoon, Souths won the wooden spoon 5 times.

Souths also won zero premierships and played in zero grand finals.

Parramatta won four premierships.
Very easy to cherrypick stats and only take certain convenient periods of time into account.

I take a holistic approach, and in it's ENTIRE history Parra has more spoons than us while playing many less seasons.

And about all this "kicking them when they're down" bullshit, do you say that everytime people bring up how long we've gone between premierships? No? If not, f**k off.

Parra Pride

Referee
Apart from a few years in the 80s they haven't been much good their entire history.

We may not have won a comp, but between 2000-10 we played in 2 Grand finals, won 2 minor premierships, played in 3 Grand Final qualifiers, played in 3 other finals matches, we also set the record for most points scored in a season. Since 2006 only one team has beaten us in finals footy, and they were rorting the cap. Doesn't seem like just a few good years to me.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last time Souths were in the top 6 with one round to play before the finals was in 1989

BunniesMan

Immortal
Seeing as how Souths fans like to bang on about ancient hisotry so much, because lets face it, thats when they all their success:

From Round 13, 1944 to Round 1, 1947, Souths had a record of:

1 win, 31 Losses, For 309, Against 789, including 0 wins for the entire 1946 season.

Even in Parramatta's worst season, they still managed 2 wins.
Seeing as people like to bang on about our horror run recently where we won 3 in 4 years, Parra won SIX in a row from '56 to '61.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
We may not have won a comp, but between 2000-10 we played in 2 Grand finals, won 2 minor premierships, played in 3 Grand Final qualifiers, played in 3 other finals matches, we also set the record for most points scored in a season. Since 2006 only one team has beaten us in finals footy, and they were rorting the cap. Doesn't seem like just a few good years to me.

Unfortunately bunniesman has you on this one. Parra has been historically an unsuccessful
club.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very easy to cherrypick stats and only take certain convenient periods of time into account.

I take a holistic approach, and in it's ENTIRE history Parra has more spoons than us while playing many less seasons.

And about all this "kicking them when they're down" bullshit, do you say that everytime people bring up how long we've gone between premierships? No? If not, f**k off.
so how does 12 bad years equate to the other 50 odd being bad as well?

Are you f**ked in the head intentionally or accidentally?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately bunniesman has you on this one. Parra has been historically an unsuccessful
club.
except for the years they made the finals and won premierships.

Parramatta since their inception in 1947 has been more successful than Balmain, Wests and Wests Tigers all combined over the same period of time

BunniesMan

Immortal
Fair enough you've had decent years and got a lot of wins here and there but if you ain't premiers it ain't much of a year. And yes that goes for us too since 1971, and for you from '47 to '80 and '87 to present.

Valheru

Coach
In case you didn't realise I'm just a fan of Souths, I don't work at Souths, I'm nothing more than 1 member. You hating my club because you hate me does nothing but give me another reason to think I'm a better person than the people reacting like that.

There is no way you are a member BM

Have a problem with me? Fine. Have a go at me. But it's laughable that it makes you dislike a club just because I follow it.

I detest souffs because they are the scum of the Earth and should have never been allowed back in the comp. The fact the dumbest human to ever follow Rugby league happens to be a souffs fan is a bonus.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Parra have appeared in 26 finals series since 1947

Since 1947 Souths appeared in 24 finals series (including 2012)

Hutty1986

Immortal
Parra may have had a sh*t season, but they're still far & away a far more successful club than souffs when it actually matters, e.g the past 40 f*cking years

CrazyTiger

Juniors
except for the years they made the finals and won premierships.

Parramatta since their inception in 1947 has been more successful than Balmain, Wests and Wests Tigers all combined over the same period of time

I like Parra, but they have had one golden period, in the early to mid eighties, outside of
that it has been pretty slim pickings. The last ten years hasn't been too bad in actual
fact as one poster pointed out.

As for Wests Tigers, I agree we have a long way to go. You keep cherry picking your
stats to suit your arguments.

El Diablo

Post Whore
25640301.jpg

soc123_au

Staff member
Also I shouldn't only pick on Parra. Penrith only have 2 since 1967, also less than us.

Go & eat a dick Bunniesman. When is the last time you heard a Panthers Supporter bang on about how fantastic we are & we are going to win the big one this year, blah f**king blah blah.

We know we are shit more often than not, but at least in between the years of mediocraty I have experienced a GF loss & 2 wins. Not too bad really, as for finals we havent featured in those too often, but our strike rate on the occasions we make it isnt too bad either.

There is no way you are a member BM

I detest souffs because they are the scum of the Earth and should have never been allowed back in the comp. The fact the dumbest human to ever follow Rugby league happens to be a souffs fan is a bonus.

Why do you think they are the Scum of the Earth ? has Souths Kicked your Dog, Keyed your Car......or is it that age old reason, that because everybody else thinks they are, They must be........because I can`t think for myself

Latest posts