What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Clean out

rhino2009

Juniors
Hi Guys, is the Roberts rumour of him signing for the Leeds Rhinos not now progressing, no news in UK? A pity as I think he could be big success in ESL?

Frederick

Staff member
Hi Guys, is the Roberts rumour of him signing for the Leeds Rhinos not now progressing, no news in UK? A pity as I think he could be big success in ESL?

Y'know, they have this new fandangled thing out there, you might have heard of it before...it's called Google. You can use it to search the interwebs for anything you want! All you have to do it type in what you want to search for, in this case "Tyrone Roberts Leeds". If nothing comes up, then you have your answer!

Swarzey

Bench
Yates re-signed.

Newcastle Knights Under 20s forward Luke Yates has re-signed with the Club for a further two years.
After playing 24 games in the Under 20s last season, the 19-year-old was rewarded with a pre-season with the NRL squad this season.

In 2015, the West Newcastle junior has captained the side on occasions and also stepped up to play in the NSW Cup.

"Luke is a tremendous worker and has a bright future at the Knights," Director of Football Michael Hagan said.

"He has been one of the Under 20s most consistent performers over the last 18 months.

"Luke is another local junior who is prepared to work hard as he aspires to play NRL."

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2015/05/25/luke_yates_re_signs.html

Good stuff. Talented kid, another top prospect worth holding onto.

Swarzey

Bench
Tapine is developing well. Randell came through us and he's look the good. Redman, albeit he's had one game looks good. Sione had his best game for us last week, tremendous.

Nah, f**k em, they're going to be trash. f**k me dead :lol:

Swarzey

Bench
Tapine is developing well. Randell came through us and he's look the good. Redman, albeit he's had one game looks good. Sione had his best game for us last week, tremendous.

Nah, f**k em, they're going to be trash. f**k me dead :lol:

Burns

First Grade
Gids is the last legit rep player the knights have developed. He debuted in 2001.

Wooooooooooha, that's a moment of clarity there. I guess you could argue we have developed players who then went elsewhere, but then so does every team.

DeeJ

Bench
they go off and get proper coaching somewhere else and realise their potential

nice troll :)

I wasn't trolling, though I misread the legit part. I honestly think Mullen was NSW best half option a few years ago and still is on potential. Unfortunately he has a poor reputation because he debuted too early in a game where he didn't even play badly.

Swarzey

Bench
I wasn't trolling, though I misread the legit part. I honestly think Mullen was NSW best half option a few years ago and still is on potential. Unfortunately he has a poor reputation because he debuted too early in a game where he didn't even play badly.

Ignore basically any Mullen talk. It's a common trend for some to be sucking the bloke off when he's playing well but conveniently it's all forgotten when he doesn't.

--

Oh and I'd like to add Aku Uate to the list of rep players we've developed since Gidley but I suppose he'll be ignored because it doesn't fit the view of "We haven't developed a rep player since Gidley".

perverse

Referee
To be fair, I think slot was referring to someone a little more established in the rep arena. Someone who might have played 10+ rep games. McManus and Aku have barely played 10 rep games between them unless you count City/Country or minnow nation caps.

Actually, I think you could scrape Aku in there. Fiji had some big games.

Latest posts