What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you want

Rusty

Juniors
Did anyone hear Paul Kent on the Matty Johns show last night mention that some of the Eels players are looking elsewhere namely Mateo?

Anyone have any inside information? ;)

Yosh

Coach
Not much interest in "established stars" unless they are of mind-blowing calibre.

Would be happy to target every bankable future star out there - starting with Henry, Merrin and Tolman.

HAHAHAH! Who are the players that blow your mind so hard Macavity!!!:D

Rusty

Juniors
Exactly! We've always been guilty for spending overs on nuffies. But I agree, for the right coin he would be ok.

I remember when Russell Crowe and PHAC first took over the bunnies when courting players they had a detailed presentation put on for them as to why they should come here.....

Shame that we cant be so keen and do the same thing.

Yosh

Coach
I remember when Russell Crowe and PHAC first took over the bunnies when courting players they had a detailed presentation put on for them as to why they should come here.....

Maybe we are keep but what can we put into our 'detailed presentation'? What can we include that can be classifed as 'why they should come here?'

Not trying to be a smart ass sorry if I sounded like it. Just want to know what we think our clubs strong points are!:D

Serc

First Grade

How do you know we, and most other clubs for that matter, don't do similar? Its not exactly hard, or expensive (a key word for the Knights :p) to spend some time to put a proposal together.

whistler

Juniors
Any of you Mateo fans seen an Eels game this year?

He does look way above himself in condition this year,but he would add some extra creativity and class to our backrow. Not real keen on the talked about 400k a season though.Form is temporary,class is forever.

slotmachine

First Grade
Form is temporary,class is forever.

He's player two decent half-seasons in his career? And we've got one metric sh*tload of backrowers.

The sad fact is there are no established stars in the market for next year that will turn out club around (apart from maybe JT who has said if he stays in the NRL it's at the Cows).

If we're going to spend money on players I'd rather it be on promising youngsters than guys who are going to be average 1st graders at best.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If we're going to spend money on players I'd rather it be on promising youngsters than guys who are going to be average 1st graders at best.

This. And not promising youngsters from the Hunter Valley.

whistler

Juniors
He's player two decent half-seasons in his career? And we've got one metric sh*tload of backrowers.

Yes we do have a heap of backrowers but apart from Paterson and Taia they are just average or fringe first graders(Hilder,Taufua,Simpson-2010 version,Ciraldo,Mika etc). I may be in the minority but i do think we need another class backrower,not necessarily Mateo though.
I agree on the promising youngsters.Did you have anyone in particular in mind? But surely you can't say that Mateo is an average first grader at best.Some of his touches just ooze class. A fit Mateo is a game winner.