What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you want

Jono078

Referee
Finally found the magic list of off contract players?

http://dazrl.awardspace.info/2010_mov.htm

I wouldn't mind the following;

Glenn Stewart, I know I'm one of the guys who is happy with our backrow crop, but he is the kind of backrower with a bit of play making ability in him.

Aiden Tolman, Brett Finch - both worth looking into. Especially if we lose Cross, Tolman would be a great pick up.

Kris Keating, I don't mind the kid, he is physically up to being a halfback in the NRL. And I think he could be ok, depending how much we offer.

Petero Civoniceva, maybe worth a look? Although he may be demanding even more money than his last contract.

Jared Waeara-Hargreave, I rate him, big strong backrower/prop.

And Beau Henry isn't on that site, but honestly we'd be stupid not to consider him.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Interestingly, on the weekend I read in the Illawarra Mercury that the Dragons are going to find it tough to hold onto Beau Henry after 2010. Seems he is off contract and the Drags wont be able to offer him much.

I could have swore that he was contracted long term but if he isnt, we should really have a crack at getting him.

perverse

Referee
he's definitely off contract, JW... and i daresay every single club with a bit of cash would be having a good look at him, including ours. our administration leaves a lot to be desired, but Onslow has a great track record for recruitment and gets his first genuine chance since coming to the club to sign up some good talent with the money we have for next year.

Yosh

Coach
Jared Waeara-Hargreave and Tolman would be immense pickups. I think both of them have the talent to become two of the best forwards in the game. Would be great replacement for Cross, Tolar and Simmo.

When is Tolar's contract up? He is really playing badly this year...

Johns Magic

Referee
JWH signed a three year deal with the Roosters last year til the end of 2012 so that site's wrong.

Tolar is here til the end of 2012 as well.

slammingsam

Juniors
The following list of Souths players are off contract if you guys are interested in discussing them...

Garrett Crossman
Ben Lowe
Shannon McPherson
Scott Geddes
Rhys Wesser
Colin Best
Junior Vaivai
Luke Capewell
Matt Mundine
Ben Ross
Shaune Corrigan
Chris McQueen
Fetuli Talanoa

slammingsam

Juniors
Im assuming you may not have heard of some of them - feel free to ask or check out there profiles on the Souths site..they will all be under the NRL squad except for Mundine.

perverse

Referee
ben lowe might be a decent pickup. he's been going great guns. loves to tackle... unlike some of our boys at the moment.

slammingsam

Juniors
Geddes has been on fire this year - i would say he has been close to our best forward.
He has finally put injuries behind him.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Not to make a direct comparison, but Geddes has always put me in mind of Matty Parsons.

Yosh

Coach
JM:

Damn! Remind me to bring the JWH for Tolar thread in late 2011! Cheers!!!

Jono078

Referee
Henry is on the "radar" with a few others.
Well it's a positive start...

From what I can tell, most of us in here would be stoked to get Beau.

How much would you be willing to offer to bring him here?

I would say as much as 200k. Big gamble as I've said before, but if it pays off we have a good halfback for a few seasons at least.

perverse

Referee
200k is a bit excessive for a completely unproven half. maybe on a very short term contract you could get away with it (1-2 year). if it came to offering that much i'd have to start having my doubts and move onto the next option.

macavity

Referee
Never realised Trent Merrin was off contract too.

The two of them (Henry and Merrin) should be big big targets for us.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Here's a snippit from the Mercury re: Beau Henry

The extension of Hornby's contract will come on the back of the re-signing of Michael Weyman, Matt Prior and Jamie Soward.
However, the new deal casts a major shadow over the future of young gun Beau Henry.
It is believed as many as four NRL clubs have Henry on their radar, while the National Youth Cup player of the year languishes in the under 20 competition and NSW Cup.
Henry is off-contract at the end of the season and his manager Gavin Orr told the Mercury last week that receiving NRL game time would be the major factor in deciding his future.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...ys-devotion-a-deal-of-a-lifetime/1793757.aspx

Latest posts