What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you want

Johns Magic

Referee
Merrin is a prop who has been playing off the bench for the Dragons first-grade side this year. He averaged 169.4 metres per game in the NYC last year which was the most for any forward in the competition. He also topped try-assists for props and came in 3rd for tackle-breaks.

Whats Doing

Bench
Ilove to see the club land both but really we're more likely to end up with neither

Well we will see how good Onslow's recruiting skills are. I may be wrong but wasn't his reputation on good recruiting skills based on work many years ago and not in recent times?

He will need to land quality with the amount of coin to burn.

macavity

Referee
Well we will see how good Onslow's recruiting skills are. I may be wrong but wasn't his reputation on good recruiting skills based on work many years ago and not in recent times?

He will need to land quality with the amount of coin to burn.

His last big name was probably SBW.

Adsy

Juniors
Merrin gets another run in FG this week. I think he would be a great long term signing.

Henry is still yet to play NRL so it would be a risk but f**k it. We need to start taking risks and this wouldn't be an expensive one.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Whats Ben Hunts status?

He was Toyota cup player of the year in 2008 and is a halfback. He has been pretty ordinary for Central in the QLD Cup this year though but then again the Comets are pretty ordinary all over the park this season.

Adsy

Juniors
I think Hunt is with Brisbane until the end of next year. Guessing he will also get a run with the broncs again while Lockyer is away on Origin duty.

whistler

Juniors
I'd be more than happy to let all our off contract guys,except Taufua,go if we could sign Tolman,Merrin and Beau Henry. I also really like the look of Dale Copley from the broncos. 18yo centre who's played 3 or 4 NRL games and off contract next year.

hefknight1

Juniors
What about some players on the fringes of teams that might get a release. Noticed Steve Southern has been 18th man etc.. Might want a change.

Other possibles playing in NSW Cup this week:

Centres:
Patrick Ah Van
Gavin Cooper
Maurice Blair (we nearly got him last year)
Shane Neumann
Jamie Simpson

Forwards:
Adam Cuthberson
Nathan Smith

Ashton Sims is another fringe player who may be available but more a prop and we need 2nd rowers

Joker's Wild

Coach
Sims has been playing for Norths in the Qld Cup and has been soft as butter in every game I have watched. He seems to love running at the line then throwing hospital passes at the last minute.

He's actually been named at lock for the Devils this week for some unknown reason cause he certainly is no backrower.

perverse

Referee
What about some players on the fringes of teams that might get a release. Noticed Steve Southern has been 18th man etc.. Might want a change.

Centres:
Patrick Ah Van
Gavin Cooper
Shane Neumann
Jamie Simpson

Forwards:
Adam Cuthberson
Nathan Smith
firstly - welcome to the forums!

Ashton Sims is another fringe player who may be available but more a prop and we need 2nd rowers
second - what? on which planet exactly do we have more depth in the front row than the 2nd?

whistler

Juniors

Centres:
Patrick Ah Van
Gavin Cooper
Shane Neumann
Jamie Simpson

Forwards:
Adam Cuthberson
Nathan Smith

I think the last thing we need are more fringe first graders who will never amount to much more,our squad is already full off them. We need to target a few proven stars and some young potential stars. I'm sick of our club settling for average players,but i've been excited with some of the recent articles that we are finally looking to be agressive in regards to recruitment.

macavity

Referee
Not much interest in "established stars" unless they are of mind-blowing calibre.

Would be happy to target every bankable future star out there - starting with Henry, Merrin and Tolman.