What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Maroons 2024

ALX25

Bench
Eels forward J'maine Hopgood, who was backing up from Origin, suffered from a nerve problem in his back.

“In hindsight, J’maine Hopgood probably shouldn't have played. He's got a nerve problem in his back.

“It was a big effort for him to get out there, but he was fairly hampered by that from Origin the other night ... I think Liam Martin had a fair bit to do with it last week, so we'll see; he's a tough fellow Hoppy, but we have got to learn from that as well and we've got a short turnaround so we'll have to manage that this week."

See: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/01/nrl-casualty-ward-latest-injury-news-return-dates-and-details/

ALX25

Bench
Maroons forward J'maine Hopgood has been ruled out of his side's clash with the Roosters on Saturday after succumbing to a back issue.

The 25-year-old could now be in doubt for the Maroons in Game Two of the Origin series, which will be played in Melbourne on June 26.

Titans back-rower David Fifita will miss his chance to press for a Maroons recall after an ankle injury ruled him out of Saturday's game against Wests Tigers.

Fifita has suffered a minor ankle injury and the Titans have chosen to rest him as a precaution, with the dynamic forward expected back in Round 16.

Latest: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/01/nrl-casualty-ward-latest-injury-news-return-dates-and-details/

In Bill I trust.

To know Bill is to be in awe of Bill.

To play Origin for Bill is to be certain that nobody could have prepared you better.

Take heart. Bill has QLD tracing a long term arc for Origin. We are on firm foundations.

• Love
Reactions: MRN
I briefly got to know Luke Lewis' grandfather Stan who lived in QLD. During the 8 hours I spent with him we spoke at length about Rugby League.

One thing amongst many he said to me was his esteem for Bill Slater. He said "I have seen legendary fullbacks like Clive Churchill and many others but I have never seen a better fullback than Billy Slater".

There are a lot of great achievers in Sport, all sports, who rise to superhuman heights on the arena. In the contest. However they don't all translate across to become legendary coaches after they retire. Most simply aren't motivated in that direction.

Bill Slater was born to coach. He just also made himself a champion team player. Few people understand Rugby League like Mister Bill Slater. NSW do not and have not anyone who can stand on the same tier as Bill. I'm glad I barrack for the same team that he does. Bill will do no favours for NSW.

ALX25

Bench
Maroons forward J'maine Hopgood has been ruled out of his side's clash with the Roosters on Saturday after succumbing to a back issue.

The 25-year-old could now be in doubt for the Maroons in Game Two of the Origin series, which will be played in Melbourne on June 26.

Titans back-rower David Fifita will miss his chance to press for a Maroons recall after an ankle injury ruled him out of Saturday's game against Wests Tigers.

Fifita has suffered a minor ankle injury and the Titans have chosen to rest him as a precaution, with the dynamic forward expected back in Round 16.

Latest: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/01/nrl-casualty-ward-latest-injury-news-return-dates-and-details/

Updated from same source:

Jai Arrow left the field late in South Sydney's win over the Broncos with what appeared to be a rib injury, but post-match interim coach Ben Hornby didn't believe there was any serious concern for his forward.

Latest posts