What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That's proud words but hollow nonetheless.

PVL attracted huge attention on Victorian media outlets this year, building on previous notoriety from his time in racing.

They care a lot.
He’s been rustlin their Jimmies for over a decade, long may it continue.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
I think Melbourne is a wonderful city. I just find it cringe worthy when Victorians talk themselves up as being more interested in sport than anyone else. Especially when they do it during the commentary of the tennis and cricket. No one wants to har that insecure shit.

It's just as bad and silly when people say Brisbane is the RL capital of the world. Brisbane can lay claim to being the world's 2nd largest RL city, but Sydney is and always will be the biggest. Port Moresby is probably the most passionate RL city on Earth.

Victoria didn't acquire all of these events until Jeff Kennett became Premier. I'll admit, Victoria's love for fumbleball is impressive, but that doesn't mean they care about sport any more than any other place on Earth.

PR is right about London holding a stronger claim to the title.

I've been to Melbourne various times in my life for work trips. Now I know that is different to actually living there, but I've had a good opportunity to visit many of the city attractions, and I must confess that I couldn't see what was so great about Melbourne.

I think the city has its good aspects, and I do not mind going there for a work trip, but I seriously wonder if the "Melbourne is the greatest city on earth," types have actually have a good look around Australia and or abroad?

I actually think Melbourne people turning out in big numbers to sports games actually proves how reliant the city is on for sports rather than it proving they are a sporting capital. There must not be much else to do besides go to the MCG.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Vlad: "Victorians are up themselves. They think they're better than everybody"

Mexicans: "OMG how dare he say that! But since you asked, Melbourne is the sporting capital of the world. They only reason we don't produce more athletes in anything worthwhile is because they're all playing the greatest sport on the planet! BAAAAWWWWWLLLLLL!"

Such hubris from a nothing state. Little dog syndrome given geographic form.

I've actually enjoyed holidays to North Queensland, Tasmania and parts of the Northern Territory more than I have enjoyed hanging out in the inner Melbourne suburbs.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've actually enjoyed holidays to North Queensland, Tasmania and parts of the Northern Territory more than I have enjoyed hanging out in the inner Melbourne suburbs.

Depends what you like I guess. I love the outdoors, beaches and sunshine so Perth is just the best city to live for me, but I enjoy weekends in Sydney for the night vibe and stunning harbour and buildings (couldn't live there with the traffic and house prices), Melbourne for the nights out, sport, ease of getting around and general european city vibe (but couldnt live there due to sht weather and lack of decent beaches), Brisbane for the holiday feel and warmth but seems a bit of a boring city and too far from the beach and Adelaide which I kind of liked in a weird way but cant quite put my finger on why! Hobart has a great pub scene which I enjoy and easy access to great countryside but sheesh like being back in Nth of England with that weather! Australia is blessed to have such diversity and amazing places to live.

Depends what you like I guess. I love the outdoors, beaches and sunshine so Perth is just the best city to live for me, but I enjoy weekends in Sydney for the night vibe and stunning harbour and buildings (couldn't live there with the traffic and house prices), Melbourne for the nights out, sport, ease of getting around and general european city vibe (but couldnt live there due to sht weather and lack of decent beaches), Brisbane for the holiday feel and warmth but seems a bit of a boring city and too far from the beach and Adelaide which I kind of liked in a weird way but cant quite put my finger on why! Hobart has a great pub scene which I enjoy and easy access to great countryside but sheesh like being back in Nth of England with that weather! Australia is blessed to have such diversity and amazing places to live.

They do food really well and the wineries are practically up the road. Cheap, too.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
The joys of a dictator. Vlandy's backflips on a poorly thought out decision with no engagement with the council set up for such decisions.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10...e-indigenous-council-anthem-backflip/12829192

I hate how these kind of councils/ forums are set up. They are not a voice for all Aboriginal people, such as myself. I am sceptical whenever there are any sorts of Indigenous representation groups set up because they just serve leftists, and never care that some Aboriginal people in the 21st century chose to be moderates and conservatives. That some of us are as proud to be Aussie just as we are proud of our Aboriginal heritage.

I do not think we have the most entertaining sounding anthem, but until it is ever replaced, I will always treat it with respect.

Seriously, I wonder what why leftists scholars have nothing better to do with their time than tell us Aboriginal people to hate everything, and that everything is racist to us. Perpetual victimhood never did anything but make me feel angry and violent. I stopped voting Labor a long time ago because of this crap, and Labor only gets closer to the Greens each year.

mongoose

Coach
I've been to Melbourne various times in my life for work trips. Now I know that is different to actually living there, but I've had a good opportunity to visit many of the city attractions, and I must confess that I couldn't see what was so great about Melbourne.

I think the city has its good aspects, and I do not mind going there for a work trip, but I seriously wonder if the "Melbourne is the greatest city on earth," types have actually have a good look around Australia and or abroad?

I actually think Melbourne people turning out in big numbers to sports games actually proves how reliant the city is on for sports rather than it proving they are a sporting capital. There must not be much else to do besides go to the MCG.

I've been to most of the capitals on work trips. I like Melb CBD and it has a good vibe for the most part but if you've been to any actual world cities then there is nothing special or interesting about Melbourne. It's status as worlds most livable city is kind of a nice way of saying its dull and inoffensive, like Zurich or Toronto. I don't get why so many Victorians are obsessed with telling everyone how awesome the place is...
Sydney at least has the world class beaches and harbour so its always going to be iconic for Australia. Melb prob has better nightlife so its wins in that respect.

taipan

Referee
Never mentioned any of that stuff in any other interview he had in the past.

If he was not an NRL official then, why the heck would he.
His motivation and efforts were concentrated on one thing NSW Racing,and he secured huge funding from the Fed Govt to get that industry back on its feet after that serious virus that was disastrous for their industry quite a few years ago.
Bernie Fraser the head of Australian Treasury played rugby league once, what has that to do with having your name on dollar bills.

taipan

Referee
This becomes less impressive with every passing week. Every sport in the world came back.

Discussing when it happened ,not 6 months time elapse.It the NRL led the way ATT,some can't digest that fact.
There are some still struggling in this country eg Rugby union, so it's not every sport.And judging by what is happening in Europe with COVID now, i suggest many sports are finding it difficult there.
Are we playing to packed stadiums yet?

The intent was to show he got in early and the two weeks early jump saved the game,I heard $40m(could have been more) more than if he had started same date as the AFL.Thus the NRL would have had to borrow, which the AFL ended up doing.
A few laughed at the NRL because Banks here wouldn't lend them the dosh,yet the AFL was able to.They didn't use outside money or need to.That's all Im stating.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
F#$k yes! Bring back the Indy

tenor.gif

Latest posts