What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rap

The Dodger

First Grade
New Grandmaster Flash Album f/ Snoop, Busta, Q-Tip

Press release courtesy of Stephen B. at !K7 Records:
New Grandmaster Flash Album f/ Snoop, Busta, Q-Tip & More
For Immediate Release:
-----
The wait is over. The first major Grandmaster Flash studio album for 20 years has now been completed and is due for release on Flash’s Adrenaline City Entertainment label and Strut Records in Spring 2009. Entitled The Bridge: Concept Of A Culture, the album is the result of two years’ solid writing and recording. “As a DJ, I’ve been blessed to see many different people, places and styles,” Flash explains. “The album title represents all the bridges I’ve crossed worldwide.”
The album features a stellar line-up of guest vocalists and MCs with Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg, Q-Tip, KRS-One, Big Daddy Kane among the many contributing tracks and guest verses.
The Bridge: Concept Of A Culture will be released on March 3rd 2009.

Tracklisting:

1. "Welcome"
2. "Shine All Day" (Feat. Q-Tip, Jumz, & Kel Spencer)
3. "We Speak Hip Hop" (Feat. KRS-One, Afasi, Kase-O, Maccho, Abass)
4. "Here Comes My DJ" (Feat. DJ Kool & DJ Demo)
5. "Bounce Back" (Feat. Busta Rhymes)
6. "Swagger" (Feat. Red Café, Snoop Dogg & Lynn Carter)
7. "What If" (Feat. KRS-One)
8. "Unanswered (Interlude)"
9. "Tribute To The Breakdancer" (Feat. MC Supernatural)
10. "Grown & Sexy" (Feat. Mr. Cheeks)
11. "When I Get There" (feat. Big Daddy Kane & Hedonis Da Amazon)
12. Connection (Interlude)
13. "I Got Sumthin' To Say" (Feat. Lordikim, J-Flo & Almighty Thor)
14. "Can I Take You Higher" (Feat. Mr. Cheeks, Granmaster Caz & Tito)
15. "Unpredictable" (Feat. Syndee & Big Daddy Kane)
16. "Those Chix" (Feat. Byata, Princess Superstar & Hedonis Da Amazon)
17. "Bronx Bombers" (Feat. Lordikim, Almighty Thor & Mann Child)
18. "Zuka The Sound" (Interlude)
19. "Oh Man" (Feat. Syndee & Natacha Atlas)

For those who aren't familiar with grandmaster flash;

The message
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kRuJhIVIo

white lines
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnCXRfJu_k

The Dodger

First Grade
not until march next year though.

farkn spewing, why tell us now?

i can see this being built up to be bigger than it should be.

fortae

Bench
I've been reading along and thought I'd throw up my favourite albums. I had a listen again, just to make sure ... looking at the most complete albums.

There's only a couple of major albums I don't have, either because they have been difficult to get or went out of print before my time or at least getting around to them ... even if you've heard the songs in another format, you miss out on the whole experience I think. So apologies to Breaking Atoms and Holy Intellect in particular.

1. Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) - Wu-Tang Clan
2. Death Certificate - Ice Cube
3. De La Soul Is Dead
4. Resurrection - Common Sense
5. Illimatic - Nas

6. It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back - Public Enemy
7. Paid in Full - Eric B. & Rakim
8. Fear Of A Black Planet - Public Enemy
9. By All Means Necessary - Boogie Down Productions
10. Strictly Business - EPMD

11. Criminal Minded - Boogie Down Productions
12. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... - Raekwon
13. Critical Beatdown - Ultramagnetic MC's
14. Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
15. Aquemini - Outkast

16. Straight Outta Compton - N.W.A.
17. People's Instictive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm - A Tribe Called Quest
18. Madvillainy - Madvillain (MF Doom, Madlib)
19. Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
20. Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030 (D. Nakamura, Del tha Funkee Homosapien, DJ Kid Koala)

Working on singles ATM. Probably a bit more individual and a lot more difficult. #-o

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
On the car home yesterday heard some of the worst music i ever have. Some song about ho's by Ludacris and some other sh*t in that vein, one song had someone and snoop i dunno. Utter utter sh*t

fortae

Bench
He's probably right, there's not much value in Ludacris overall and Snoop is a long way over the hill.

You can't avoid them but switch to Stolen Records on FBi Radio for a minimal amount of annoyance.

people still want to hear it?

cuban linx 2 is finally coming out though ... not that i really give a sh*t anymore ... i've waited like 5 years and just don't care so i'll probably download it because it'll blow

I doubt it.

Recently downloaded the new Brooklyn Academy album (massiv Pumpkinhead and Block McCloud fan), though have yet to listen to it. Also got the new Slaughterhouse mixtape (best supergroup going atm), which is sick.

Danger

Juniors
I stumbled across this site the other week, full of classic stuff from the 90's, im spewing, i pretty much had all the albums on here already, but well worth a look. If you don't have it already, i highly recommend you get A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Maurauders, easily my fave album.http://etalonhiphop.blogspot.com/

Godz Illa

Coach
I'm starting to dig Common's newie Universal Mind Control. The Clipse must be upset that Com grabbed all of Pharrell and Chad's best beats though.