What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rap

D.I.R.T. is the godfather of BCC releases. It supercedes the rest, in terms of lyrics, in terms of production, in terms of beats. A COMPLETE album.

But the earlier releases had that raw, edgy feel to them. Throw on Heltah Skeltah's Sean Price or Clans, Posses, Crews & Clicks aaaannnyday of the week.

Yeah Sid ripped it...loved his comments on the cops. LOL @ "I probably wont get an answer for that one"

I actually like Deach's flow the best on that track though. He just rides that beat so smoothly. Dude's gotta bring out a solo

..I always liked Black Moon's "Enta Da Stage" album best outta Bootcamp Click.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Wow surprised to come across this thread on a RL forum. Don't know why but yeah..

Fav rapper in the last 5 years for me would have to be The Game. You either love him or hate him but I love how he's brought back that old school feel to hip hop.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Yeah The Game is tight. Probably the only rapper in the last few years ive listened to aswell. (You cant seperate me from the old school). 300 bars and runnin is wicked.

Anyone got any fave freestyles?

Big L's which is featured on "The Big Picture" album, is a personal favourite.

Proof's (D12) from the "lost In London" mixtape are amazing. Fav lyrics include "I found out where Canibus' money went, I borrowed a dollar from Wyclef" and "If I was 2Pac I'd come back from Cuba".

Anything by Sean Price is amazing, the guy can stack like a motherf*cker of the top of the knot, and Canibus' are pretty good too, even though the majority are prewritten.

Danger

Juniors
Yeah The Game is tight. Probably the only rapper in the last few years ive listened to aswell. (You cant seperate me from the old school). 300 bars and runnin is wicked.

Anyone got any fave freestyles?

Watch Freestyle the Art of Rhyme, there is a dude on there named Supernatural, sh*t is amazing.

Danger

Juniors
Wow surprised to come across this thread on a RL forum. Don't know why but yeah..

Fav rapper in the last 5 years for me would have to be The Game. You either love him or hate him but I love how he's brought back that old school feel to hip hop.

Your talking like he is the only rapper in the last 5 years to bring back the old school sound, I would have to disagree. There are plenty of independant artists out there that do that and have made a name doing so, its just that they have never received mainstream recogntion so most people havent even heard of them.

Godz Illa

Coach
Watch Freestyle the Art of Rhyme, there is a dude on there named Supernatural, sh*t is amazing.
Caught him live a couple years ago :D He did his party trick - made the front row hold up whatever they had in their pockets and he walked along and incorporated each item into a freestyle. Damn cool I tells ya

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Your talking like he is the only rapper in the last 5 years to bring back the old school sound, I would have to disagree. There are plenty of independant artists out there that do that and have made a name doing so, its just that they have never received mainstream recogntion so most people havent even heard of them.

I'm not talking like nothing. I just stated that I like because of his old school sound. I'm well aware other rappers out there have also done that but, like you said because they are underground artists they don't get no mainstream love.

I gotta say though I got nothing against underground artists but I think these days especially on the net its the 'cool' thing to do to like underground artists over mainstream. no doubt there are there are a HEAP of talented underground artists however I think alot of mainstream rappers who don't deserve the credit they are due beacuse they will forever be comparedto acts like Nas or Jay Z or Scarface or Biggie.