What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd. 14 v NZ

Big Mick

Referee
End of the day, what abpanther and I are getting at, is that for the money we are forking out for Coote we expect a match winner not a solid first grader.

In 2010 behind a dominant pack...he was.

In 2012 behind a beaten pack he has played considerably better in a number of facets but hasn't had the opportunity to be that game winner imo.

Let's judge him on next year then and see if people feel the same.

Hey guys, When is Mick Gordon due back?. Well I know when he is due back but anyone know an exact round. NRL Injury update says between this round and round 17.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
www.westernweekender.com.au/index.php/sp...3-cleary-dumps-coote

Cleary dumps Coote

Published on Tuesday, 12 June 2012 15:20
Written by Troy Dodds EXCLUSIVE

Lachlan Coote has been dramatically dropped from the NRL in a surprise move from Panthers coach Ivan Cleary.

Josh Mansour is tipped to be named at fullback when the Penrith side is announced at 4pm.

It's also understood that Sandor Earl and Harry Siejka will come into the side.

MORE TO COME

abpanther

Staff member
Nice...

Good move to get Coote going again.

Very interested to see how Mansour goes, did he play any fullback as a junior?

abpanther

Staff member
Josh was a fullback in his Junior days. He played on the Wing for Souths Toyota Cup because Mal Webster was preferred at Fullback

Awesome thanks mate.

Very keen to see how he goes, if nothing else we will definitely see more metres on kick returns

franklin2323

Immortal
Hard to argue. I don't think it will be fulltime. Just to get him some form. Mansour is great at the back he was outstanding for Windsor.

Ab we get the teams heaps later now. After 4pm. Last year was 11. So no early release yet

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
| ROUND 15 NRL TEAM LIST |
1. Josh MANSOUR
2. Etu UAISELE
3. Michael JENNINGS
4. Brad TIGHE
5. Sandor EARL
6. Travis BURNS
7. Luke WALSH
8. Sam McKENDRY
9. Kevin KINGSTON
10. Tim GRANT
11. Clint NEWTON
12. Cameron CIRALDO
13. Luke LEWIS
Bench:
14. Nigel PLUM
15. Danny GALEA
16. Dayne WESTON
17. Ryan SIMPKINS
18. Chris ARMIT
19. Geoff DANIELA
20. Matt ROBINSON

Well done Cleary!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
McKendry should now be put on notice that his inconsistent form will see him dropped like Jennings and Coote.

abpanther

Staff member
Not really happy to see Austin still being kept at Windsor, why have they left him there? Is it just to get more experience or is he in the doghouse?

Also, where's Sjeika?

Still hate that bench

abpanther

Staff member
I would much prefer something like this

1. Josh MANSOUR
2. Etu UAISELE
3. Michael JENNINGS
4. Geoff DANIELLA
5. Sandor EARL
6. Blake AUSTIN
7. Luke WALSH
8. Dayne WESTON
9. Kevin KINGSTON
10. Tim GRANT
11. Clint NEWTON
12. Nigel PLUM
13. Luke LEWIS
Bench:
14. Nafe SELUINI
15. Mitch ACHURCH
16. Sam McKENDRY
17. Ryan SIMPKINS

Big Mick

Referee
I'll trust Cleary. Don't love the move. But if it turns out to be good...I'll go with it.

I just hope Mansour can handle it. One thing playing FB for Windsor...another thing playing FB in First Grade.

But if Coote was dropped based on last week's performance...why the f**k isn't Walsh and Galea joining him.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Cleary may have seen it as i have :D

Turns out you and Ab were correct. I apologise.

I don't however agree that he was the worst performing player and I don't believe Sandor Earl is a superior player.

How Tighe, Galea & Walsh retain their spots while Coote gets the boot...is interesting.

But I just heard an angle of it that may be interesting....and if it is the case I fully support the move.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Big Mick, only thing I can think of with Walsh still being there is they don't trust Burns or Austin in the 7. We can't blood Taumata,Moylan and Siejka unfortunately due to second tier cap restraints.