What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 3 2023: non parra games

King-Gutho94

Coach
4 teams from the top 5 last year. Us, Sharks, Storm and Cowboys.

Are conceding 24 pts or more defensively in the first 3 weeks.

Is the attack getting better or teams getting found out more easily on defence.

hindy111

Post Whore
4 teams from the top 5 last year. Us, Sharks, Storm and Cowboys.

Are conceding 24 pts or more defensively in the first 3 weeks.

Is the attack getting better or teams getting found out more easily on defence.

I'd say weather. Its been very hot and muggy. Climate change is kicking in.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A lot better? I'd say about the same.

Mahoney against Manly:
1 try, 1 LBA, 58 running metres, 51 tackles, 2 missed, 3 ineffective (91.07% efficiency), 6 kicks for 93 metres, 0 errors, 1 penalty, 0 set restarts

Hodgson against Manly:
1 try, 1 LB, 68 running metres, 39 tackles, 3 misssed, 0 ineffecitve (92.8% efficiency), 2 kicks for 33 metres (one of which went dead for a 7 tackle set), 1 error, 3 penalties, 1 set restarts
Mahoney makes poor decisions at dummy half, which stifles the attack. If you're making 58 metres from 8 runs you are running too often. Like Gutherson before Arthur's reduced his involvement last year.

Noise

Coach
Mahoney makes poor decisions at dummy half, which stifles the attack. If you're making 58 metres from 8 runs you are running too often. Like Gutherson before Arthur's reduced his involvement last year.
And if you are giving away 3 penalties, a set restart, 7 tackle set plus an error you are giving the opposition too much ball and field position.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
For someone who lives off stats i hope he reads these ones.
If I hadn't read them I wouldn't have been able to mansplain how you deadshits missed the most important stat, being metres per run. Mahoney runs too much for little return. 7.25 metres per carry? GTFO here with that weak shit.

R.fa935f62817483554b572d0efd55d60b

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mahoney left cause he was offered 650k. We valued him at about 500-550k
I didn't see the game. Did he outplay Korisau. One guy ran for 18mtrs and the other 120mtrs
That was 5 runs for 18 metres as well. That's five runs some better merkin could've made. It's a set of six wasted.

Noise

Coach
Have a guess before looking it up on who has missed the most tackles in the NRL. I’ll give you a guess, he’s from our team.
Yea a lot of people are creaming themselves over Hopgood but your 13 shouldn’t be leading the missed tackle rankings. And having another one of your middles in the top 10 for missed tackles is a recipe for disaster. It does however explain our horrendous ruck defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Have a guess before looking it up on who has missed the most tackles in the NRL. I’ll give you a guess, he’s from our team.
I don’t need to guess because I look at this stuff regularly. No surprises it’ll be middle defenders who play long minutes in poor defensive sides.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
7.2m per run is what Dylan Brown averaged on Thursday. But he took 23 f**king runs.
Too many, but also this is a bloke who gets the ball off a pass or two, often with no time and nothing on. This means that a lot of those 'runs' are so that he doesn't have to throw a hospital pass to his support runners. The dummy half always has someone unmarked to pass to. If the first receiver (a forward or a half) has someone in his face the dummy half took too long to pass the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly. His defence is poor.
He's had his involvement steadily reduced (84, 71, 55 minutes). I'm keen to see if Matterson plays in the middle or out wide. Our middle defence will be much better with him in the rotation, but it might be out of him and Momoisea for the 12 jersey this week.