What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd1 2024: 530pm Parra v Dogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium (sold out) March 9th

hindy111

Post Whore
images

I think it’s objectively better.
Has everything Parra Stadium has, but more.

Unless you like a smaller stadium, which is fine.

I think once it's done Penrith stadium will be the best one of the lot.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
images

I think it’s objectively better.
Has everything Parra Stadium has, but more.

Unless you like a smaller stadium, which is fine.

I've been there twice for the rugby 7's. It is bigger and has more facilities, personally I don't care for them. I don't attend live events to stand in the line for terrible, expensive food or grog. I'm there to watch the footy and for mine the angle of the seats at Parramatta stadium is superior to the Sydney Football Stadium. All depends what you want, my enjoyment has nothing to do if the stadium is bigger or smaller.

They are the only 2 stadiums in Sydney though, the rest are all garbage dumps especially grounds with hills. Yuck

JokerEel

Coach
Do we ever have a big win in round 1?

Its a no.. In 2022 we almost blew a big lead against the Titans..

JokerEel

Coach
View attachment 85010
Come on now Hindy. It's a supersized version of Melita Stadium.

Penrith Stadium is going to be a huge POS.

The reason they knocked down our stadium and SFS is to make the seating better for the spectators to see everything and be closer to the ground.

Penrith is refurbishing the east and replacing the west.. will still be a shit place to watch the footy.

I wont be there Friday night as i hate going to a shit stadium after going to Commbank

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes. Because points differential means nothing. I mean it may cost you a top 4 or top 8 spot but who cares...A wins a win.
It’s round one ffs. We don’t want to burn our players out.

Putting on a big score depends on the opposition giving up, rather than us trying to put on a big score. Either way, if we’re good enough over 25 rounds we’ll make the eight, and if we’re not we won’t.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon you get 4 or 5 games a year where dominate possession against a weak side and able to pile on 40 points in the possitive. We missed a golden opportunity. It's about planning ahead.
They have a strong defensive side, very much like Penrith. With mobile forwards and good defenders in the halves. That’s why Hutchison started instead of Butthead.

lucablight

First Grade
It’s round one ffs. We don’t want to burn our players out.

Putting on a big score depends on the opposition giving up, rather than us trying to put on a big score. Either way, if we’re good enough over 25 rounds we’ll make the eight, and if we’re not we won’t.
You can burn your players out by putting big scores on teams when you have the vast majority of the possession? Very strange take.

EelsFan05

Bench
Penrith Stadium is going to be a huge POS.

The reason they knocked down our stadium and SFS is to make the seating better for the spectators to see everything and be closer to the ground.

Penrith is refurbishing the east and replacing the west.. will still be a shit place to watch the footy.

I wont be there Friday night as i hate going to a shit stadium after going to Commbank
Penrith Stadium is and still will be a shit hole after the 'refurbishment'. Add the fans, and piss head hill and I'd rather be watching it from the comfort of my lounge room.

Eelogical

Referee
Penrith Stadium is and still will be a shit hole after the 'refurbishment'. Add the fans, and piss head hill and I'd rather be watching it from the comfort of my lounge room.
We should have sold them our old stadium at the Blacktown Drive-In car boot sale. Win-win all round.

Latest posts