What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11 2024: 405pm Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Suncorp May 19th

Bandwagon

Staff member
Have to admit I am very happy for you tonight.

congratulations on the wonderful week and 9 months of “educating” ahead of you.

May you destroy the parramatta fan base one by one with your superior intellect, until it’s just yourself, emjaycee, Gronk, bandwagon and the TCT boys remaining.

who will you troll then I wonder?

Show me on the dolly where the bad man touched you.

84 Baby

Referee
Don’t take this as me being a faction apologist as I can’t stand any of the f**kwits that presided over the Eels, pre-ILGA’s intervention. However, you can’t ignore the fact that none of them would sit on their hands and do nothing if they found themselves in the quagmire we’re in. They weren’t afraid to act. The muppets on there now may be far more qualified and non-factioned, but as far as im concerned, they’re equally culpable in destroying the club I’ve devoted close to 40 years of my life to.
True. I’ve usually been against the “get Ray Price on the board” comments but we lack balance between the qualified and passionate

TheParraboy

Staff member
How did it get so low and depressing??

F..k me!!! x 1000

We had some dark times 2011-13, and also early 1990s - mid 1990s but those squads then were not as good as this one (on paper)

Although losing , don't think Souths are as terrible as us. Dont drop their pants last 30min of games like we do.

Indigenous round next week. Highlight is I wanna see how hard Sivo runs at Latrell given the opportunity, Got a feeling my options will be to laugh or cry. I’d give young Dunster or Cini the wing spot for the rest of the year. We desperately need some enthusiasm and blokes willing to have a go. Even Harper is better. Sivo has played his last game if it was me. He reminds me how Bevan French played in his last couple of games for Parra. Looked uninterested and lazy. Sivo been doing it for longer.

Unless we make the finals this year (laughs) this has to be BAs last year. It just has to. We ain’t got the balls to do anything earlier. That’s obvious. Players are either not responding or we are consistently being out coached , maybe (definately) a bit of both.

Recruitment and retention could use a shake up as well.

Side question , anyone know what Brain Smith is doing ? I know he is 70yo. But could he do a role similar to what Gould has done at Penrith and now at the Dogs? But I’d imagine he is enjoying retirement and wouldn’t want the stresses back at Parra again

PARRA_FAN

Coach
How did it get so low and depressing??

F..k me!!! x 1000

We had some dark times 2011-13, and also early 1990s - mid 1990s but those squads then were not as good as this one (on paper)

Although losing , don't think Souths are as terrible as us. Dont drop their pants last 30min of games like we do.

Indigenous round next week. Highlight is I wanna see how hard Sivo runs at Latrell given the opportunity, Got a feeling my options will be to laugh or cry. I’d give young Dunster or Cini the wing spot for the rest of the year. We desperately need some enthusiasm and blokes willing to have a go. Even Harper is better. Sivo has played his last game if it was me. He reminds me how Bevan French played in his last couple of games for Parra. Looked uninterested and lazy. Sivo been doing it for longer.

Unless we make the finals this year (laughs) this has to be BAs last year. It just has to. We ain’t got the balls to do anything earlier. That’s obvious. Players are either not responding or we are consistently being out coached , maybe (definately) a bit of both.

Recruitment and retention could use a shake up as well.

Side question , anyone know what Brain Smith is doing ? I know he is 70yo. But could he do a role similar to what Gould has done at Penrith and now at the Dogs? But I’d imagine he is enjoying retirement and wouldn’t want the stresses back at Parra again

It felt so low over the weekend, I was depressed before kick off and maybe hoping that Parramatta might cheer me up but of course you cant rely on them in these sort of games. What is it with Magic Round and we just dont turn up, like Darwin?? Are they there for a holiday?

I dont know whether the players arent mentally up to it or not fit, or not working together as a team. But that second half was one of the worst Ive seen for the Eels in a long time. I dont think Melbourne wouldve put that much points on a team slightly higher on the ladder.

Our team looks so disinterested at times, so lazy and not working as a team. There was no one out there directing the traffic, telling players where to go in defence. It was simply embaressing.

Yes we had Moses and Gutherson out but I question the lack of depth or ability. How come other teams without their key players managed to get a victory or just lose? I mean the efforts of Canberra and Warriors should be applauded, maybe it comes down to good coaching or players having a go.

As for Smith, last I heard he was involved with the Warriors and then coaching some lower tier nation. He might be in the UK helping his son or brother out.

If they cant respond to this loss, then there needs to be cleanout.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'd rather have Dunster, than Divo.

Yes, I typed "Divo", because the soft merkin is a f**king diva.

Dunster has lost a lot of speed, but he will at least have a crack.

f**k Sivo, the pea-hearted merkin.

Eelementary

Post Whore
These second halves are alarming. There must be someone we can blame.

I know you're being a little cheeky, mate - but it is alarming.

We were in the game, until Melbourne flicked a switch, scored 3 tries in 10 minutes, and then our heads went down.

I find it alarming that we were unable to keep fighting - we were only down by 6 at halftime.

But we gave up so quickly.

Legal Eel

Juniors
These second halves are alarming. There must be someone we can blame.
Casting aside your obvious trolling sarcasm, the fact is these second halves are indeed alarming for anyone who watches the games fervently hoping Parramatta will win.

Further, in a professional sporting organisation where the same atrocious performance issue persistently recurs, someone should absolutely be held accountable!

Some of us have offered opinions on who should be held accountable and that obviously offends your delicate sensibilities.

let me guess? The second halves are only a problem if your perspective depends on success on the scoreboard...and we don't have enough information or data to determine who is at fault for the fadeouts, so we should just persist with the status quo and by the end of next year we may have some idea of what caused it?

Latest posts