What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Knights GAME DAY THREAD 6/6/21

TheParraboy

Staff member
Which just proves my point. Never say never.

Not disputing your point, should have clarified that it is rare. Achievable , but rare

I do believe when on song we can beat anyone, trick is to do that last few games of the year

Gronk

Staff member
Not disputing your point, should have clarified that it is rare. Achievable , but rare

I do believe when on song we can beat anyone, trick is to do that last few games of the year
Definitely rare. Rarely does a 3rd or 4th favourite at round 26 win the comp. But it does happen, however I can't think of any other examples.

Winning the comp usually is a culmination of a perfect storm of events. You need luck with injuries, possibly luck that your opponents DO have injuries and you need to be peaking at a time when the other teams have perhaps peaked too early.

Or like (2009) Storm, just cheat.

hindy111

Post Whore
West Tigers 2005 say Hi. They proved that you you don't have to be the best team all year to win the comp. We finished minor premiers with STG with a 16/8 season. Wests limped into the semis with a 14/10 record.

They were up n down all season and just strung a few together.

Can you honestly say that this 2005 team is better on paper than our 2021 list ?

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Daniel Fitzhenry
3. Shane Elford
4. Paul Whatuira
5. Pat Richards
6. Benji Marshall
7. Scott Prince
8. Anony Laffranchi
9. Robbie Farah
10. John Skandalis
11. Ben Galea
12. Mark O'Neill
13. Dene Halatau

14. Liam Fulton
15. Chis Heighington
16. Bryce Gibbs
17. Todd Payten

NRL is far different. The top sides defenses are far stronger. The game is more defense based also.
Plus that year there was not a stand out side. Penrith and Storm are only going down if injuries or have absolute stinkers. If either played close to their better games nobody gets close.

Gronk

Staff member
NRL is far different. The top sides defenses are far stronger. The game is more defense based also.
Plus that year there was not a stand out side. Penrith and Storm are only going down if injuries or have absolute stinkers. If either played close to their better games nobody gets close.
My point was that it can happen. Is your point that it cannot happen ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My point was that it can happen. Is your point that it cannot happen ?
The top teams can't keep being lucky with injury. In fact the Storm have suffered plenty from injury this year. Eventually it'll be Penrith's turn. Maybe even during the finals.

hindy111

Post Whore
The top teams can't keep being lucky with injury. In fact the Storm have suffered plenty from injury this year. Eventually it'll be Penrith's turn. Maybe even during the finals.

Half there spines been out a lot of the season. Edwards and Api haven't played a lot at all....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Half there spines been out a lot of the season. Edwards and Api haven't played a lot at all....
And replaced Edwards with a superior player in Crichton, with Burton (also a better player than Edwards) to centre. Koroisau (who's played enough games to get picked for NSW) has been their only real loss.

hindy111

Post Whore
And replaced Edwards with a superior player in Crichton, with Burton (also a better player than Edwards) to centre. Koroisau (who's played enough games to get picked for NSW) has been their only real loss.

Which meant Momoroski in side. If everyone is fit Momoroski isn't taking Burton or Crtichtons spot.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Is it random though, I see a softening of send-offs. The knights guy was sent off for a crusher but was anyone else sent off this weekend?

Latest posts