What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Dead Redemption - Grand Theft Western... Oh My!!!

Danish

Referee
Played this till 4am this morning.... :lol:

Absolutely awesome. I think I've only done 2 or 3 of the actual story tasks, but who cares!!

I spent about 2 hours hunting.... awesome money maker that one. About an hour playing poker, and the rest just being a general scoundrel holding up stage coaches and at one stage killing everyone at the ranch.

I absolutely love the bounty system. Its just so authentic. nothing better than walking down the main street of Armadillo only to have someone at the saloon recognise you then call a bunch of mates and chase after you

Thomas

First Grade
I have played mostly online doing all the challenges with my posse of mates.

Last night we went bear hunting. I needed 5 kills and was lining up my 4th when a cougar jumped on me and tore my throat out. My mates were pissing themselves until a bear went a bit silly on their arses.

Awesome game.

GB!

Juniors
got it yesterday, played it for about 8 hours. great game!

worst is when you're playing it alone late at night, you're doing a mission in the dark and then out of nowhere you get mauled by a feral animal!
scares the sh*t out of you!
i've found when something is about to go down (eg: animal attack or fight) the background musics changes.

hate not being able to swim, have died this way trying to jump blockages on the rail lines with my horse.
also hate mistaking the village dog for a coyote, shooting him then losing honour status. also if you lasoe the dog, he attacks you:(

Danish

Referee
Put in another 6 hours last night... which is odd for me because I have barely turned on either my PS3 or xbox all year so going from that to heavy gaming is quite a change.

Still just loving the dead eye feature. Nothing better than being confronted by 4-5 crims riding through Armadillo on horseback and taking them all down in a split second with your 6 shooter..... well, besides pumping that poor old bloke with 8 bullets to the guts to get the deed to his propertawh :lol:

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
everything is awesome in this game, the shootouts, the hunting everything. Ive just been riding along just exploring.

Ive come across escaped criminals, people getting attacked by dogs..i had my first duel, that was fun. Im trying to catch horses, after mine got mauled by a cougar lol. Do I need anything to catch wild horses?

GB!

Juniors
how does the online play go?
i've never played online before.

also any one got any cheats yet?

Thomas

First Grade
Cheats? Why?

And online is awesome. Think single player but more players. Free roam is so much fun. There are heaps of challenges and loads of game types.

Jono078

Referee
Just finished it. Been avoiding most threads on RDR til I finished.

Great game. Can't wait for the expansion packs because really once you finish there isn't much to do except to aim for 100% then start a new game and playing opposite to how you did the first run.

And of course there's online, which is tops.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Just finished. Incredible, incredible game. Story was fantastic and the characters were all very compelling. Most importantly the story wasn't predictable, I was expecting twists that didn't happen, not expecting ones that did, kept me hooked the whole way through.

The ending was so sad, the fact that they let you play as John having settled down with the family and then it all comes back to haunt him and he sacrifices himself for his family... beautiful, hate to say that but it was :eek:. If Rufus went and laid down next to John's body I would have cried :lol:. Great way to conclude a great story IMO.

natheel

Coach
played this today at cousins place and gee i loved it and contemplating getting a xbox 360 for it and call of duty....over the nintendo wii...gonna trade it in!

natheel

Coach
ok so i got the game etc and this may be a stupid question but do i need to purchase lassos? or do i automatically have them? lol ive got it on xbox360...any help would be greatly appreciated!!!