What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson Leaving

redVinme

Bench
Hey fellow Saints,
It may have been posted earlier on? But what do you all think of Robson at Hooker and McInnes at Lock.
The modern Lock has become another Prop, but what if we went back to the more traditional role of Lock... the link between the forwards and backs?
I think McInnes could fill this role (like Graham O’ Grady) and so too could Robson if required. They are players with long minutes and we could focus on the prop rotation and minimise burn out?
Thoughts.

Lock is changing again. Look at the bunnies and roosters. Young guns. Radley and Murray probably around McInnes size. Fast, alert and ready to do the dirty work . None are big but tackle Like terriers and look for quick play the balls in space. No doubt it could work ifffff we have the big bodies on the bench

Bench
The club needs to act now on Robson, having him in first grade with Norman, Hunt, Dufty and Lomax with a couple of fast wingers will be up there for years to come.
Losing Robson will be unforgivable.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Lock is changing again. Look at the bunnies and roosters. Young guns. Radley and Murray probably around McInnes size. Fast, alert and ready to do the dirty work . None are big but tackle Like terriers and look for quick play the balls in space. No doubt it could work ifffff we have the big bodies on the bench

Agree
But that would mean no Dufty on the bench.
I think when korbin is back he is our lock

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

SBD82

Coach
Your you're entitled to your opinion I'm entitled to mine won't change my opinion on what I think of him
I’ve no interest in trying to change your opinion Samy.

I just think it’s a bit classless to complain about someone without addressing them directly.

possm

Coach
Agree
Let's see how Host goes first. if Host does not step up, I'd go for McInnes at lock, Robson at hooker with K Sims, Kerr, Leilua and Dufty off the bench.

redVinme

Bench
Agree

As in most circumstances Samy I do agree in part with you however. Duff has already re signed and is comfortable knowing he is in our plans going forward. Robson isn't and would be a monumental loss down the track so we should play him before we lose him. He also offers much needed rest for our pack which has been a yearly issue. Even if it is McInnes/Robson it's better than re shuffling our spine imo

Dragonsamy

Bench
As in most circumstances Samy I do agree in part with you however. Duff has already re signed and is comfortable knowing he is in our plans going forward. Robson isn't and would be a monumental loss down the track so we should play him before we lose him. He also offers much needed rest for our pack which has been a yearly issue. Even if it is McInnes/Robson it's better than re shuffling our spine imo

I can see where your coming from .
Stability is a good thing too

SBD82

Coach
The amusing part was the alleged comprehension issues.
You mean the bit where you missed your own typo, and it meant that you completely misunderstood a post, accused another person of making fun of mental health due to your misunderstanding, and now instead of admitting your mistake you are making snide bitchy comments?

I’m amused.

Old Timer

Coach
Not yours OT. After all the shit that you’ve heaped on Mary over the offseason, the side that you put up in the game thread is even worse than the one that he picked.
Only in your opinion, which doesn't count for much from where I stand, albeit you are entitled to have it.
Good luck with Dufty (who I actually like) on the bench for the season.
PS: Not sure too many in here would think that 1st game of the season minus, JDB & K Sims and with Vaughan recovering from concussion and the team going to play against one of the biggest packs in the comp that having Dufty on the bench is a super great idea.

Latest posts