What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson Leaving

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Back on Reece Robson, is there any substance to the talk that he is leaving?
Surely he cannot stay with McInnes in front of him and Mary publicly stating that while ever he is coach he was ALWAYS carry a utility back on the bench.
If I were Robson I'd be out of there.
Unless ofcourse Mary was to be removed then potentially sanity would prevail and he'd be on the bench and pushing McInnes for the starting spot.
talk on Thursday night at Kogarah was that he was gooooooooone to the dogs next year...

possm

Coach
Throw Hunt into that right side mix, too.

Pandemonium.

And to think, many thought Nightingale was the only problem.

Nightingale was a champion player for the Dragons. In his last season, speed was his only problem. Any winger posted outside Aitken is not going to look good, just ask Lomax and Ravalawa, two of the latest wingers to be made look bad.

possm

Coach
Back on Reece Robson, is there any substance to the talk that he is leaving?
Surely he cannot stay with McInnes in front of him and Mary publicly stating that while ever he is coach he was ALWAYS carry a utility back on the bench.
If I were Robson I'd be out of there.
Unless ofcourse Mary was to be removed then potentially sanity would prevail and he'd be on the bench and pushing McInnes for the starting spot.

Millward is the one who will or will not sign Robson. Maybe Millward has whispered some confidential information to Robson - 'Mary won't be here next season'.

possm

Coach
Feet for hands and not particularly quick for a winger either.

As for his defence, it has more holes than your proverbial block of Swiss cheese.

Hopefully, Pearson can fill the breach adequately otherwise it’s s vacancy which will plague the team all season.

If that is true, why did Millward sign Ravalawa?

Feet for hands and not particularly quick for a winger either.

As for his defence, it has more holes than your proverbial block of Swiss cheese.

Hopefully, Pearson can fill the breach adequately otherwise it’s s vacancy which will plague the team all season.
I just watched Garrick play on the wing for Manly...
The kid was brilliant!
Very fast, good hands, creative (can throw an inside pass). Just looked totally comfortable in FG and was one of Manly's best in a losing side.
To me, looks like a much better player than Pireira (who we extended in a big hurry), Ravalawa (not first grade quality), Miranta and Pearson (we don't know because they haven't played FG yet) and of course the failed Lomax experiment on the wing.
We have signed all these second rate wingers and let Garrick go. Why?
It defies logic and just shows the ineptitude of the pathways managers.
I believe we will lose more young talent while McGregor is the Head Coach.
Why would any kid be caught up in our selection mess.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The kid was brilliant!
Very fast, good hands, creative (can throw an inside pass). Just looked totally comfortable in FG and was one of Manly's best in a losing side.
To me, looks like a much better player than Pireira (who we extended in a big hurry), Ravalawa (not first grade quality), Miranta and Pearson (we don't know because they haven't played FG yet) and of course the failed Lomax experiment on the wing.

Actually, with 70 games under his belt Maranta is easily the Dragons most experienced winger.

Also, Pearson has played first grade...11 games over a three-year period!

Atrocious recruitment!

barry

Juniors
I still can’t comprehend why the hell the club let go of Nene MacDonald?

I miss his runs in our own half

possm

Coach
The kid was brilliant!

Millward let our young junior Garrick go and signed the likes of Maratnta, Ravalawa and Pearson instead. Mary failed to persist with Garrick's development as is the case for many young juniors tht he doesn't like.

We need a broom though our system of incompetent management staff and coaching staff. At Manly Hasler has recognised Garrick's potential and it looks like he has found a way to get the best out of him.

possm

Coach
Garrick looked shit for us when he was given a run in the FG trials, and did SFA in reggies last year. If he’s finally come good - good on him.
Who coaches our backs? Mary, Hornby, Cooper?

So what is the answer? Maybe players look ordinary when playing for us because they are dumbed down and given instructions not to do anything fancy. 'Just run straight and hard and get to a quick play the ball'. No matter who you are, if you are a new first grader it is the same old instruction.

True_Believer

Juniors
The kid was brilliant!

I didn't see the game so can't make a comment on the quality of his performance, but one half decent game does not make a quality retention or make him 'first rate'

I watched the game the week before and he did absolutely nothing the whole game. In fact, his defensive positioning was all over the place.

Your memory of last years ISP and his appearance in our trials seems to have been conveniently forgotten when you want to put down the club. He was far from consistent and his trial form was diabolical. Nobody complained when we let him go.

getsmarty

Immortal
You can’t stop a player who wants to leave

Personally, I can’t comprehend how the club chose a couple of inexperienced wingers over Brett Morris. As Geoff Toovey would say, “there needs to be an investigation!”.

Simple...Roosters offered more coin and an extra year.

possm

Coach
Simple...Roosters offered more coin and an extra year.
It is very clear that there was plenty of coin in the kitty for season 2019 so, it has to be said that there was enough there to at least field a good first string 17. But Millward decided two inexperienced wingers and two top level five-eights were what was needed. Just imagine if Widdop was allowed to go when he first asked for a release, in a similar way that Ah Mau and Macdonald were allowed to leave.

I'm sure we would have had the dollars to compete for top grade players to fill the positions of fullback, wingers, centre and a forward. I feel sure we could have also extended the likes of Lomax, Robson and Field.

Widdop plus Macdonald's salary alone would have been approx. 1.3m.