What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Research - Moving the Home Ground

Would you be in favour of the Eels Playing out of Telstra Stadium

• Total voters
fish eel said:
Hmmm...what would be the context of it, in what I understood to be an overview of events and services the club provides to it's fans?

How to Add or Re add events to the Calender, with Considerations to the Licenced premiss's requirements.

as to what do i think,

I think a number of people on this board and in public think the Leagues club Group is Rolling in Cash. That Dennis personally wipes his arse with 100 Dollar Bills.

I think that there is a perception out there that we as a club just doing what we are doing should put on More events.

But I wonder how close to these perceptions are correct. I wonder how much our club made, after the Football Operations, and after All other Taxes and requirements.

I wonder if i said our Leagues club group was in the black buy the size of a normal Monday Lotto win how the fans would react and if they would understand, unless the leagues club does what it is built to do at Maximum efficacy that we will have an inferior version of the Eels.

I wonder if the choice was, No eels at all, or the eels playing at Telstra how the people on this poll that have responded no, would change or if they would. Obviously some wouldn't. But instead of moving for corporate greed, we move for survival, what would that do for everyones perceptions?

As to what I think, I have always thought, I am a Parramatta Man and will follow the Parramatta team to the ends of the earth.

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
I think a number of people on this board and in public think the Leagues club Group is Rolling in Cash. That Dennis personally wipes his arse with 100 Dollar Bills.

I was thinking he was too tight to do that, and would use 20s ;-)

I wonder if the choice was, No eels at all, or the eels playing at Telstra how the people on this poll that have responded no, would change or if they would. Obviously some wouldn't. But instead of moving for corporate greed, we move for survival, what would that do for everyones perceptions?

if that was the choice, I would hope all local options were explored, ie getting local business and norwest businesses backing the club, re-negotiating our lease of the stadium etc. I would hope that we would bust our balls to make Parramatta at Parramatta viable. I would hope a relocation would be an ultimate last resort, and not just a knee jerk cash grab.

As to what I think, I have always thought, I am a Parramatta Man and will follow the Parramatta team to the ends of the earth.

Indeed.

But if Parramatta were to leave Parramatta, it just wouldnt seem like Parramatta.

The Colonel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:

If we were moving to Telstra for survival as first option, without first exhausting the resources of the wider Parramatta and District community to ensure that it wasn't the only option available to the club then I'd still be pissed. The Parramatta Eels are quite prominent in the local community and I'm pretty sure that the best interests of the community would be served better with Parramatta staying where it is.

Gronk

Staff member

Then that's a whole new kettle of fish. Originally most of us were winging about post match facilities and crappy sound system, rather than a move to save the club.

Anyway, I wouldn't get too enthusiastic about future lucrative deals with Telstra. It may all be over come next Monday if ANZ Infrastructure Service take over the debt drowning Stadium Australia Group.

The stadium will be owned by Diversified Infrastructure Trust, established by the ANZ Bank to invest in social infrastructure. It will be managed by ANZ Infrastructure Services.

The deal promises to maintain the current services for the stadium, although it states there will be a "broad-based general review" of the venue's commercial operations.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business...or-underwriters/2007/01/05/1167777277240.html

Just on the Extra Sponsorship or Getting Extra Backing to stay at Parramatta. Can I ask. . . Why don't we have it now. Why in this day and age when the Eels are consistently making the finals can't we get the sponsorship. Why did Asics Jump off us, what about Mortgage House. In 2004 the Stadium Trust Put Naming Rights Sponsorship of the venue up for grabs up for sale and they were not picked up. Why do we still not have a Under Number sponsor on the shirt yet. I know we are looking. Why did we have to wait to the death knock to get Pirtek as the main sponsor?

Just one other point, Playing at Parramatta Stadium, Costs us money, we don't make money playing there. How do you think we can change that around?

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
Just on the Extra Sponsorship or Getting Extra Backing to stay at Parramatta. Can I ask. . . Why don't we have it now. Why in this day and age when the Eels are consistently making the finals can't we get the sponsorship. Why did Asics Jump off us, what about Mortgage House. In 2004 the Stadium Trust Put Naming Rights Sponsorship of the venue up for grabs up for sale and they were not picked up. Why do we still not have a Under Number sponsor on the shirt yet. I know we are looking. Why did we have to wait to the death knock to get Pirtek as the main sponsor?

Those are good questions.

Particuarly when you look at Parramatta, which is established as Sydney's second largest CBD. Growth in the financial sector has been quicker than North Sydney, and business floor space rentals fill up very quickly. Significant businesses make Parramatta their home. One that comes to mind is Suncorp, who have a significant presence in Parramatta.

Then, just up the road is the booming Norwest Business park.

Whilst there is a lot of competition for sposorship dollars, we are in a better position than most sporting sides in Western Sydney to get very attractice deals.

Why cant we do that? Perhaps our club doesnt have the reputation in the local community that we think it does. Perhaps the people that count don't sell the club well enough, or aren't as imaginative as they should be when hunting down sponsors? I dont know, it's hard to say from the outside.

Just one other point, Playing at Parramatta Stadium, Costs us money, we don't make money playing there. How do you think we can change that around?

Simple. We have a lease? Renegotiate. Get a better deal. We are the only real tennant. Throw our weight around. They lose us, they've got nothing.

fish eel said:
Simple. We have a lease? Renegotiate. Get a better deal. We are the only real tennant. Throw our weight around. They lose us, they've got nothing.

But do you think we could re-negotiate to get money out to the Stadium. What about the Stadium Making Enough money to upgrade or even maintain itself?

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
But do you think we could re-negotiate to get money out to the Stadium.

Make a profit? Debatable, without seeing the books.

Get a better deal to make it more viable however? Surely we could do that.

What about the Stadium Making Enough money to upgrade or even maintain itself?

Thats a matter for those who run the stadium.

We're their only real tennant. We should use that to our advantage.

For example - who pays for the video screen?

fish eel said:
Make a profit? Debatable, without seeing the books.

Get a better deal to make it more viable however? Surely we could do that.

Thats a matter for those who run the stadium.

We're their only real tennant. We should use that to our advantage.

For example - who pays for the video screen?

The NRL pays for the Video Screen as it is an requirement to hold an NRL game, It is rented and turns up and is assembled before every game. The same as the one at Olympic Park Melbourne

Bigfella

Coach

Not me MITS.

I am pretty sure he uses correspondence from club members and the general public to do that...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Parramatta are the geographically one of the closest clubs to Telstra but we are also lowest down on the list to need to use them. Parramatta Stadium is the near top of the list of the best football grounds in Sydney.

Suitman

Post Whore
Natalie's Daddy said:
Parramatta are the geographically one of the closest clubs to Telstra but we are also lowest down on the list to need to use them. Parramatta Stadium is the near top of the list of the best football grounds in Sydney.

For viewing, yes.
The facilities and service are aging quickly.

Suity

PJ Marshal

Coach
f**k sacraficing your home for the sake of post match affairs...that means sh*t to me compared to watching footy at parra stadium

we are there to watch football arnt we?

Parra Guru

Coach
tbh I think the lack of post match functions are a result of pure laziness by the club. They seem to care less and less about the fan community, and I can't see it improving until we have someone in the top job that really gives a sh*t about the club as a whole (Players, Fans, Sponsors, Community).

Parra Guru said:
tbh I think the lack of post match functions are a result of pure laziness by the club. They seem to care less and less about the fan community, and I can't see it improving until we have someone in the top job that really gives a sh*t about the club as a whole (Players, Fans, Sponsors, Community).

Who Do you mean? DF or DK?

I think you are wrong on the laziness, I think there are some other, very real factors that I am alluding to in this thread that are scaring the Bejeesus out of the club.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
I think DK is lazy and DF just doesn't give a toss

About the general everyday supporter????? Yes, I'd agree.
You have to ask why supporters feel this way.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
Yes that's what I meant Suity

Well, going by many comments on this board in particular, I'm not surprised that supporters feel this way.

A mate of mine has just a couple of weeks ago been on a golf day with the Sydney Swans. It wasn't a corporate day
Every group had a Swans player in it. As if Parra would be buggered to do that.

Suity

Latest posts