What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RND 2 vs ROOSTERS

EelsFan05

Bench
Kelly put us in a shit house position at the beginning of the second half just after we had worked out way back into the match. We didn't see the ball for the next 15 minutes.

Delboy

First Grade
Expected to get beat tonight, Roosters as described earlier are an experienced, well oiled machine .

Can't play this game with 2 small props, 2 back rowers with 3 NRL games between them and Ben Smith, that can't work every week and with no hooker , disaster what we saw

Kelly is there to steer the team and kick us into good field position , we are struggling if he plays less than 120% as he is generally ineffective, unfortunately that's the truth. We will all be back next week, hoping and praying , but some things stick out likes dogs you know what

pedge

Juniors
I hope BA is not another coach who subscribes to the theory of giving the same 17 a go next week...if you stink it up in a game like that, you deserve to go down to the reggies
I suspect lussick will be gone for 6-8 weeks, and allgood will go back down. Get kelepi into the starting side, and bring Junior Paulo up....would persist with 1-7 for the time being however, this is not where the game was lost

Chipmunk

Coach
Quick thats the third time you've made the same comment. Please make it four.

Mate, I knew we'd get flogged this week and I knew we'd be a bottom 4 side. Any realistic fan would've made similar predictions for this year.

I would say most didn't though. Look at the comments on the forum from last week, the majority we're excited and we were specials for the Top 8...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Still have that confidence?

I am confident we will improve quite a lot compared to last year. The second half was f**ken terrible but in the first half we showed some nice attack which while didn't come off, shows some serious training is being done regarding our attack. It didn't work against the roosters (they are premiers and best defensive side on the comp ) but against other sides we may just be very competitive - as our backline has points in it.

eel01s

Bench
Normal service resumes!

Seriously though we were simply outclassed and outmuscled. Roosters were way too fast for us with their play-the-ball speed and we just couldn't go with them.

Apart from our defence just not coping, I was very disappointed with Kelly overall. He has one pass in attack, is hopeless at positioning himself in defence, and kicks the ball out way to often.

Oh, and Ma'u and Edwards seem very undersized compared to their opposition. We will really struggle against most sides. Don't get me wrong, I like their footwork, attitude and skill sets, but their lack of size is a concern.

Let's see how we aim up against Manly next week.

Chipmunk

Coach
Guys, round two, against the premiers. Chillax.

Rooster will hammer a lot of teams this years. They are like a well oiled machine.

If anything, this loss came at a good time. Will keep us level headed.

I'd love to see the comments you made on the forum after the Roosters pumped us by 50 in Round 4 last year. Was it something similar?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Kelly put us in a shit house position at the beginning of the second half just after we had worked out way back into the match. We didn't see the ball for the next 15 minutes.

Vai dropping a bomb ? Stupid / lazy penalties ? Hayne kicking out on the full ?

Yeah Kelly cost us one try but not the others

hindy111

Post Whore
The best form of defense is attack. Sandow is a better player than Kelly.

But Kelly's mistake was compounded by Haynes kicking out on the full.

Lussick will miss 3-4 weeks. Where do we g from here? I have no idea. Edwards at hooker didn't help, I weakened two positions instead of one.

BennyBoy

Juniors
Expected to get beat tonight, Roosters as described earlier are an experienced, well oiled machine .

Can't play this game with 2 small props, 2 back rowers with 3 NRL games between them and Ben Smith, that can't work every week and with no hooker , disaster what we saw

Kelly is there to steer the team and kick us into good field position , we are struggling if he plays less than 120% as he is generally ineffective, unfortunately that's the truth. We will all be back next week, hoping and praying , but some things stick out likes dogs you know what

Kelly is crap, no doubting that, but even so that had nothing to do with the pathetic defensive effort tonight. Sandow, JT or even JC himself wouldn't have made a scrap of difference tonight.

COUNTRYEELFAN

Juniors
The best form of defense is attack. Sandow is a better player than Kelly.

But Kelly's mistake was compounded by Haynes kicking out on the full.

Lussick will miss 3-4 weeks. Where do we g from here? I have no idea. Edwards at hooker didn't help, I weakened two positions instead of one.

How many other halfbacks in the comp kick out on the full with absolutely no pressure on them. Not first grade standard.

Tooooks

Bench
I would say most didn't though. Look at the comments on the forum from last week, the majority we're excited and we were specials for the Top 8...

Don't think anyone picked us to be top 8?

As a fan you always hope for the best. With a better roster and a promising start, I guess we were all hoping we'd compete at least. Had we lost by 12-18 you could at least hope for better times. As it happens...same shit as last year.

yy_cheng

Coach
Kelly is crap, no doubting that, but even so that had nothing to do with the pathetic defensive effort tonight. Sandow, JT or even JC himself wouldn't have made a scrap of difference tonight.

Josh Cordoba is not a halfback

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I think I tipped us to lose by 16, and that's before knowing it would be a wet pitch.

For some reason I was surprised that we gave up in the second half. Silly me. Anyway here we go again...

#SackTheCoach

Latest posts