What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RND 2 vs ROOSTERS

yy_cheng

Coach
The best form of defense is attack. Sandow is a better player than Kelly.

But Kelly's mistake was compounded by Haynes kicking out on the full.

Lussick will miss 3-4 weeks. Where do we g from here? I have no idea. Edwards at hooker didn't help, I weakened two positions instead of one.

There was a point early in the game we should've kicked a field goal and got the ball back.

I had a feeling the steam train was coming

Chipmunk

Coach
That was at halftime. Three tries to one was a good effort.

They were always going to roll straight through us in the wet. But we didn't quit until halftime.

Well, rugby league is a game of two halves. We were always ripe at half time to be pumped like we were. Come on, surely even you could see that?

Tooooks

Bench
Normal service resumes!

Seriously though we were simply outclassed and outmuscled. Roosters were way too fast for us with their play-the-ball speed and we just couldn't go with them.

Apart from our defence just not coping, I was very disappointed with Kelly overall. He has one pass in attack, is hopeless at positioning himself in defence, and kicks the ball out way to often.

Oh, and Ma'u and Edwards seem very undersized compared to their opposition. We will really struggle against most sides. Don't get me wrong, I like their footwork, attitude and skill sets, but their lack of size is a concern.

Let's see how we aim up against Manly next week.

They're both bigger than Watmough. Point is, if you're good enough, you're big enough.

Delboy

First Grade
BB, agreed but we need a 7 that offers something/ anything, I just don't see what he brings to the table

Didn't see anything last week either, Peats led the side around, norman kicked in general play

BennyBoy

Juniors
I think I tipped us to lose by 16, and that's before knowing it would be a wet pitch.

For some reason I was surprised that we gave up in the second half. Silly me. Anyway here we go again...

#SackTheCoach

That was the most disappointing for me, quite a few of them, including Hayne, just gave up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well, rugby league is a game of two halves. We were always ripe at half time to be pumped like we were. Come on, surely even you could see that?

There's never a good time to give up. Even if you're outclassed. I blame our 'leadership' group.

BennyBoy

Juniors
BB, agreed but we need a 7 that offers something/ anything, I just don't see what he brings to the table

Didn't see anything last week either, Peats led the side around, norman kicked in general play

Well there is his prior relationship with BA I suppose :sarcasm:

Chipmunk

Coach
I think I tipped us to lose by 16, and that's before knowing it would be a wet pitch.

For some reason I was surprised that we gave up in the second half. Silly me. Anyway here we go again...

#SackTheCoach

You would have to agree though Pou that the decision to play the game without a genuine dummy half wasnt the most inspiring decision?

IFR33K

Coach
I'd love to see the comments you made on the forum after the Roosters pumped us by 50 in Round 4 last year. Was it something similar?

I don't know mate. Seen as though you ain't contributing much, why not dig around to find what I posted?

Tooooks

Bench
You would have to agree though Pou that the decision to play the game without a genuine dummy half wasnt the most inspiring decision?

Ridiculous decision. Poor old Kenny looked lost and way out of his depth from the beginning. Surely Foran was good enough to start tonight. Why'd we sign him?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It certainly hurt our go forward, and our defence surely couldn't have been much worse with Foran or Pritchard out there.

Suitman

Post Whore
We all just have to remember, that we have a lot of rookies in our team.
One of them is Brad Arthur. He'll make mistakes, just like the players will. I think he's smart enough to learn from them.

Suity

oldmancraigy

Coach
We all just have to remember, that we have a lot of rookies in our team.
One of them is Brad Arthur. He'll make mistakes, just like the players will. I think he's smart enough to learn from them.

Suity

Teams have lost by 50 before.

It's what they do with it that counts.

What not to do:
1. Throw them all under the bus and tell the fans to expect plenty more floggings

2. Touch your face a lot and say 'uh the lads uh tried uh you know'

Latest posts