What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

simmo1

First Grade
What a ridiculously circular argument.

He's a crap halfback because he doesn't set up tries - except the ones that he does set up - which any good halfback would do anyway.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Rob played well again tonight Macnaz. You weren't the dope in the crowd who called him a turnstyle straight after setting up the try for Moltzen. I also liked the way he gave it to Robbie Farah after he threw the loose pass which led to the 2nd Sharks' try.

Last edited:

westie

Bench
By create trys, I mean, literally create trys. Not make a standard pass after the good players have made it happen.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Like beating his opposite 7 Graham on the outside, sprinting downfield and giving the ball to Ayshfored in open space? Something like that?

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought Lui was great last night. Plus he put on a hit.

If he comes good it would be awesome. The only downside is that Moltzen is also getting the hang of fullback and he will be gone at the end of the year. Still if these two get it together it makes a huge difference to the side.

Both are quality players who have been poor throughout the season.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
I thought Lui was great last night. Plus he put on a hit.

If he comes good it would be awesome. The only downside is that Moltzen is also getting the hang of fullback and he will be gone at the end of the year. Still if these two get it together it makes a huge difference to the side.

Both are quality players who have been poor throughout the season.

Who was that guy in # 7 for Tigers last night...couldn't have been R Lui ??? I thought he had a great game, total change of attitude on his part.....really had a go, well done !!

DanOz

Juniors
Who was that guy in # 7 for Tigers last night...couldn't have been R Lui ??? I thought he had a great game, total change of attitude on his part.....really had a go, well done !!
Best game he has played since the Foundation Cup against the Roosters, but one good game is not enough - he needs to do that every week.

broncos2010

Juniors
Is this guy still off contract ?

I hope not because what was going around a couple months ago that he is going to broncos I sure don't want him there we have better back up already.

Is this guy still off contract ?

I hope not because what was going around a couple months ago that he is going to broncos I sure don't want him there we have better back up already.

What's the purpose of your post?? To shit talk Lui, or to talk up your team.. Either way, still beats me why you'd post something like that now...

The Gambler

Juniors
Lui has been in great form. Doing exactly what is required of him.

Still want him to kick a bit more, he can kick 10 or 20 metres further than Marshall.

Perth Tiger

Bench
He has really started to hit his straps at the right time of year. If he can replicate or better his performances from last years semi's that will give us a massive chance of going deep into the finals

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lui needs to be kicking more and he needs to stick beside Fulton in defence all game.

There's no one better to show small guys how make effective tackles than Fulton.

The Gambler

Juniors
Lui needs to be kicking more and he needs to stick beside Fulton in defence all game.

There's no one better to show small guys how make effective tackles than Fulton.
His defence has definitely improved, particularly against the Sharks on Saturday night.

His defence has definitely improved, particularly against the Sharks on Saturday night.

Yeah, I remember he smashed someone against the sharks... I had to take a 2nd look to make sure it was Lui...

But....its not only his defence that has improved....his hustle has improved a lot too... He is actually looking to dive on a loose ball, where before he was just happy watching the ball roll and waiting for someone else to dive on it...

I'm glad to eat my words....well done Lui....

DanOz

Juniors
Yeah, I remember he smashed someone against the sharks... I had to take a 2nd look to make sure it was Lui...

But....its not only his defence that has improved....his hustle has improved a lot too... He is actually looking to dive on a loose ball, where before he was just happy watching the ball roll and waiting for someone else to dive on it...

I'm glad to eat my words....well done Lui....

Not ready to eat my words based on 1 game, but I agree with what you said for his game against the Sharks.

I hope he can make me eat my words because Sheens thinks the sun shines out of his clacker.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
my word it has, if only he'd be coupled with Fulton last year and early this year.

If he can continue improving and get rid of his fears in defence, he'll be good.

Not ready to eat my words based on 1 game, but I agree with what you said for his game against the Sharks.

I hope he can make me eat my words because Sheens thinks the sun shines out of his clacker.

Not only his game against the sharks, he has stepped up in a massive way over the last month or so... I'm not saying he still doesnt need to work on his defence....but he has improved dramatically..

DanOz

Juniors
Not only his game against the sharks, he has stepped up in a massive way over the last month or so... I'm not saying he still doesnt need to work on his defence....but he has improved dramatically..
Lets be honest, his game needed to improve in a massive way though. His game against the Sharks was what I would expect from a good half every game, I just hope he can replicate it on a consistant basis while still working on his deficiencies. If he can do that then he would silence most of his critics, including myself.

Latest posts