What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

age.s

First Grade
Moses always seems to make simple errors when he's a bit tired. So im not sure how many quality minutes he has in him.

Yeah definitely. He's approaching that age/experience level where young props often push through that though. He's been a better in recent years, I'm pretty hopeful that the extra responsibility sees him find that next gear.

Original Name

Juniors
Agree re:HTF however him in attack on Momo scares the be jeezus out of me
It's all about quick play the balls. We get enough of them and it's all about the Hammer's defence. They get some we'll be tested. Lukily that's a battle we usually win with primiarly because of To'o, Fish and Yeo.

Original Name

Juniors
If Capewell's in some doubt the club should rest him just in case. Backrow is the position we're stacked with depth. I've seen Hop'good and Lindsay Smith listed there in team lists too. Heck Burton's big and tough enough to play there for a game.

Panther2021

Juniors
It's all about quick play the balls. We get enough of them and it's all about the Hammer's defence. They get some we'll be tested. Lukily that's a battle we usually win with primiarly because of To'o, Fish and Yeo.
Agree. MANSOUR will be a bit of a loss in this department.

Original Name

Juniors
Agree. MANSOUR will be a bit of a loss in this department.
It's all about the first quick play the ball. Once you get that early in the set the following runs get much easier. Both Mansour and To'o are good at getting it. It'll depends how much To'o steps up. I think he's going to really establish himself this season as one of the best wingers in the NRL. Edwards is alright at getting it depending on the defensive line in front of him but if it's set and structured well he probably won't get it so we have to rely on To'o for it.

franklin2323

Immortal
It's all about the first quick play the ball. Once you get that early in the set the following runs get much easier. Both Mansour and To'o are good at getting it. It'll depends how much To'o steps up. I think he's going to really establish himself this season as one of the best wingers in the NRL. Edwards is alright at getting it depending on the defensive line in front of him but if it's set and structured well he probably won't get it so we have to rely on To'o for it.

Api mentioned in an article on NRL.com that they work on being on their belly while being tackled. That allows quick play the balls

Original Name

Juniors
Api mentioned in an article on NRL.com that they work on being on their belly while being tackled. That allows quick play the balls
Yeah there's a distinct difference between the way teams and players try to play the ball. Watch David Klemmer or Woods inch forward gaining 3 or 4 extra metres over 2 seconds allowing the line to reset and comfortably tackle the next guy. Meanwhile JFH would probably make less metres on an average runs but he consistently finds his belly setting it up for the next guy allowing more half gaps to open for guys like Yeo. That unselfish, team attitude is very important in the modern game.

betcats

Referee
Yeah there's a distinct difference between the way teams and players try to play the ball. Watch David Klemmer or Woods inch forward gaining 3 or 4 extra metres over 2 seconds allowing the line to reset and comfortably tackle the next guy. Meanwhile JFH would probably make less metres on an average runs but he consistently finds his belly setting it up for the next guy allowing more half gaps to open for guys like Yeo. That unselfish, team attitude is very important in the modern game.

I get your point re fast play the balls but just to be clear, Woods is not getting close to JFH in average metres, post contact metres or anything else involving metres.

Latest posts