What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

BxTom

Bench
Panthers NSW Cup coach Peter Wallace has named his squad to face South Sydney Rabbitohs at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

The match will be preceded by a Jersey Flegg clash against Souths and followed by the NRL showdown with the Cowboys.

The Panthers will wear the 2021 Home Jersey.
1. Brent NADEN
2. Rob JENNINGS
3. Jaeman SALMON
4. Izack TAGO
5. Taylan MAY
6. Matt BURTON
7. Kurt FALLS
8. Jayden TANNER
9. Mitch KENNY
10. Lindsay SMITH
11. Scott SORENSEN
12. Billy BURNS
13. J'maine HOPGOOD

14. Brendan HANDS
15. Alex SUSINO
16. Billy TSIKRIKAS
17. John FAIUMU
Interesting to see Naden at fullback - something for the future?

Original Name

Juniors
I get your point re fast play the balls but just to be clear, Woods is not getting close to JFH in average metres, post contact metres or anything else involving metres.
I appreciate the clarification for anyone who misinterpreted but I mean on this specific type of run I was talking about when he walks forward like 4 metres for minimal gain from a team perspective compared to JFH who's always all about finding his front as soon as he hits the line.

franklin2323

Immortal
I appreciate the clarification for anyone who misinterpreted but I mean on this specific type of run I was talking about when he walks forward like 4 metres for minimal gain from a team perspective compared to JFH who's always all about finding his front as soon as he hits the line.

Those you mentioned do the RCG and back into the defence. Lose speed with play the ball like that

maple_69

Bench
Interesting to see Naden at fullback - something for the future?

Maybe they want him in more situations chiming into backline movements to improve his ability to put his winger away as a centre? Clutching at straws.

Original Name

Juniors
Maybe they want him in more situations chiming into backline movements to improve his ability to put his winger away as a centre? Clutching at straws.
You guys haven't seen Naden play when he's really at his peak. Hardly anybody has because he's barely trained properly. He was let go by us years ago, didn't put in at training for his following clubs and just bounced around reserve grade team due to his natural talent. When he's really rock hard fit he's a different player, you'll see it at fullback if you watch the game. I know Staines is a very good fb and Crichton has potential there but I wouldn't underestimate what Naden can really do. He'll look much faster and agile than previous years.

franklin2323

Immortal
You guys haven't seen Naden play when he's really at his peak. Hardly anybody has because he's barely trained hard. He was let go by us years ago, didn't put in at training for his following clubs and just bounced around reserve grade team due to his natural talent. When he's really rock hard fit he's a different player, you'll see it at fullback if you watch the game. I know Staines is a very good fb and Crichton has potential there but I wouldn't underestimate what Naden can really do. This is his first real pre season he's put in the work since he was a kid.

It isn't he can't play fullback. It is we are fine for fullbacks and we lack centres so it is strange that he is moved out of a position we need help into one we are stacked in

Smug Panther

First Grade
You guys haven't seen Naden play when he's really at his peak. Hardly anybody has because he's barely trained properly. He was let go by us years ago, didn't put in at training for his following clubs and just bounced around reserve grade team due to his natural talent. When he's really rock hard fit he's a different player, you'll see it at fullback if you watch the game. I know Staines is a very good fb and Crichton has potential there but I wouldn't underestimate what Naden can really do. He'll look much faster and agile than previous years.
Most here watched his 20s.

Latest posts