What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v NZW

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
As I said before the game any type of a win would do.

Todays was a good solid win.

Both Kenny and Luai had reasonable games today too.

Happy with the result.

Girds89

Bench
Oh honey he's top 5 in the Dally M votes. I know the awards aren't the best judge but where the f**k is Luai?

To try and say they have been close in form this year is objectively laughable

Nathan has more votes than Edwards..... Edwards has been our best this year by about 3x the next closest....

Never tried to say Nathan has been as bad as luai....

I've said Nathan yeo and luai are all way down on form.

Naths kicking all year has been horrible.. even today he was getting tackled on the 4th and just looked lost at times in attack...

For a 1.2million dollar player he's been worth about half that this year... as has luai been worth about half his contract...

To try keep blaming some extremely minor injury from weeks ago for poor form all season by your highest paid player is laughable mate....

So we got the win. I got my scoreless in the second half wish, but we had a second drop over the line (following one in the first half).

As it stands right now we are 2nd. Obviously others will jump us over the course of the weekend, but cut the doom and gloom.

No one here is saying we are playing particularly well, but isn’t that encouraging? We are where we are (entrenched in the 8) despite playing now where near our best.

The is clumsiness in the attack, and I think part of it is not having patience and trying too hard; too many times we have three (sometimes four) players all turning up at the ruck and breaking down the play.

Nathan has more votes than Edwards..... Edwards has been our best this year by about 3x the next closest....

Never tried to say Nathan has been as bad as luai....

I've said Nathan yeo and luai are all way down on form.

Naths kicking all year has been horrible.. even today he was getting tackled on the 4th and just looked lost at times in attack...

For a 1.2million dollar player he's been worth about half that this year... as has luai been worth about half his contract...

To try keep blaming some extremely minor injury from weeks ago for poor form all season by your highest paid player is laughable mate....
We get it. You don’t think Nathan is kicking well.

Even Smug has stopped talking about Api…

Carlisle Bowman

Juniors
Leinu, Leota, Edwards have had huge games. Individual performances saving us today.
Respectfully, wouldn't agree with any 'saved' performances under any circumstance off the back off the game today.

Glad to get a win. Would like to see a lot more coming out of hooker and our middle defence had its leaks today (and here we still are up there with the best defences in the league).

WestyLife

First Grade
See I said how we win would be just as important as winning.

Happy to have 2 points and get the win.

Edwards has become our best player how the turntables.

Luai looked a bit better was pretty happy with him. More how I've wanted to see him straightening a bit.

Cleary was shocking in patches and alright in others. He refused to kick in attacking situations and seems to only know how to bomb now. He used to have such beautiful variations.

Kenny isn't a hooker and Luke keeps getting as few minutes as possible for some reason. We won't win a comp like this. Kenny also keeps making errors every damn game.

I hate that peachey is being selected. He has nostalgia value for some but we'd be just as good with a rookie there if not better.

The attack is putrid. Being saved by reasonable defence and effort.

I'm sad we're losing Leniu.

MugaB

Coach
Because the Api thing doesn't need discussion. We f**ked up so badly that everyone knows what's what
I think its time for soni luke to start our games, kenny is getting tired in the 2nd half on most games, and the transition are not working, atleast then we can have soni on for the last 20mins

Luai looked a bit better was pretty happy with him. More how I've wanted to see him straightening a bit.

Cleary was shocking in patches and alright in others. He refused to kick in attacking situations and seems to only know how to bomb now. He used to have such beautiful variations.

Kenny isn't a hooker and Luke keeps getting as few minutes as possible for some reason. We won't win a comp like this. Kenny also keeps making errors every damn game.

I hate that peachey is being selected. He has nostalgia value for some but we'd be just as good with a rookie there if not better.

This is a good summary.

I love Peach and his first stint at the Panthers, but it saddens me that he is playing in the centres.

Carlisle Bowman

Juniors
An improvement on last week, and yet, admittedly, some ways still to go. Stylistically, coming up against Webster has to come into consideration when summing up this match.

What I'd like to see -
- Hooker needs to improve
- They found us out on middle defence early on; not so much after.
- Leniu's impact off the bench was great. Keen to see where that comes from here moving forward. Lisati looks like a prospect. Outside of him, I'm not sure.

Enjoy the win.

Exsilium

First Grade
Crichton aside, losing Leniu is going to difficult to find a replacement that isn’t someone who can just make tackles and be effective.

The bench play in the NRL is drastically underrated.

Iamback

Coach

Good fair analyst

you summed my thoughts on Cleary perfectly. As I have said repeatly. No one is playing terrible but most outside of Edwards have a few gears to lift

Exsilium

First Grade
Kenny kills me.

His decision making reminds me of Mitch Rein during his stint with the Dragons. Always went the wrong option.

Last edited:

Latest posts