What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Dargons @Bluebet

Kilkenny

Coach
Middle is different though, on a edge he needs to do more thinking and do more work.

He is likely going to need a rest before going to the middle
I’m no expert, no coach, I just see a kid who just rips in, makes his tackles and is only goi g to get better.

Kilkenny

Coach
That involves Peachey and Trent getting big minutes in the middle. Not sure Ivan will have either on before 60 mins.

The interchanges don't work until that point
I’ll let Ivan make the big decisions.

I don't profess to be SuperCoach.

Ivan gets paid good money as our head coach and his record speaks for itself.

Far be it from me to question his selections or bench rotations.

Iamback

Coach
I’ll let Ivan make the big decisions.

I don't profess to be SuperCoach.

Ivan gets paid good money as our head coach and his record speaks for itself.

Far be it from me to question his selections or bench rotations.

I don't doubt he has a plan but even Sorro doesn't play 80 mins.

So there will be some tricky moves

Iamback

Coach
I’m no expert, no coach, I just see a kid who just rips in, makes his tackles and is only goi g to get better.

I rate him too

the most minutes he has played this year is 40 mins.

Mav's is 30mins

So you are looking at both doing what they haven't yet

Iamback

Coach
On the current bench I can't work out the minutes or the rotations.

Peachey is the unknown. If they can get him on when Moses comes off.

That leaves

Fish - Riki does the minutes he is off for
Smith/Henry to do Moses bench minutes
Sorro - 80mins
Mav to come on for 30 mins
Toletau - 20 mins to replace Peachey, Kenny to lock

That rotation works. I am struggling to think of another way 1-17 works

Because of the lack of size on the bench. You aren't going to want Toletau and Peachey on together. So you need 1 on early

MugaB

Coach
Peachey is the unknown. If they can get him on when Moses comes off.

That leaves

Fish - Riki does the minutes he is off for
Smith/Henry to do Moses bench minutes
Sorro - 80mins
Mav to come on for 30 mins
Toletau - 20 mins to replace Peachey, Kenny to lock

That rotation works. I am struggling to think of another way 1-17 works

Because of the lack of size on the bench. You aren't going to want Toletau and Peachey on together. So you need 1 on early
Remember the dragons are big slow pack especially since Sele aint there and Su'a is on origin duty, two smaller guys is something we might need, kenny can shift to prop and lock anytime and Smith can have a rest, with a benchy to replace him, Smith can also play edge, and starting maverick is probably a bad idea, (the start of the game is where the tough stuff happens) although I can see mav on the edge for about 40 minutes replacing Henry, who will shift to middle at some point

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Remember the dragons are big slow pack especially since Sele aint there and Su'a is on origin duty, two smaller guys is something we might need, kenny can shift to prop and lock anytime and Smith can have a rest, with a benchy to replace him, Smith can also play edge, and starting maverick is probably a bad idea, (the start of the game is where the tough stuff happens) although I can see mav on the edge for about 40 minutes replacing Henry, who will shift to middle at some point

I get they are slow, It makes sense the problem is Peachey can get lazy. Particularly if it is wet so sadly these days I don't trust him for longer than 20 mins.

I think if they can split him and Trent's minutes up and get atleast 40 mins from those 2 then we will go well. It is when we have to try and have Lindsay play crazy minutes that we will struggle

Peachey of a few years ago is Lock in that side and offers plenty. Garner coming back next week will help the balance

Girds89

Bench
Why would he get overlooked in the debut videos though?

Wouldn't be the first time theyve held back a release video of a debut. Its happened several times over the years.

I just find it hard to fathom how schnieder is back 2-3 weeks early from torn ligaments in his knee.

Cant be 100%. And unless he is 100%. Its a stupid move. The next 6 or so weeks is a huge period. We need him fit. Not sitting on the sidelines with a knee worse then before.

Iamback

Coach
Wouldn't be the first time theyve held back a release video of a debut. Its happened several times over the years.

I just find it hard to fathom how schnieder is back 2-3 weeks early from torn ligaments in his knee.

Cant be 100%. And unless he is 100%. Its a stupid move. The next 6 or so weeks is a huge period. We need him fit. Not sitting on the sidelines with a knee worse then before.

Did they release 2 others in those weeks though?

I mean what difference is 2 compared to 3?

LCL's are normally low risk of re-injury though, Aside from Nathan's hammy we have a history of guys coming back early

Girds89

Bench
Did they release 2 others in those weeks though?

I mean what difference is 2 compared to 3?

LCL's are normally low risk of re-injury though, Aside from Nathan's hammy we have a history of guys coming back early

Simple explanation would be that ivan is trying to maybe protect trent a little from the media all week if he was named in the 7.

Lot less media pressure and expectation if hes just sitting on the bench compared to...

3rd string half on debut replacing the games best player nathan cleary.

Girds89

Bench
Unless schnieder is 110% fit id rather hold him back one more week.

Rather see back five as is

6. Cole
7. Trent
8. Henry
9. Kenny
10. Fish
11. Soro
12. Geyer
13. Smith

14. Peach (utility, 2md row)
15. Riki (2md row)
16. Leota (prop- only off bench as its a rookie bench.. need to have experience on field when starters are off)
17. Lisati (prop)

age.s

First Grade
Yeah I think there's a tendency here to look at team sheets and selections purely in the tactical. There's always a bunch of human factors, most of which were not privy to.

My guess is Ivan wants as much experience on the field at kick off as possible. Start well, absorb whatever pressure the Dragons can throw at us, then retool the team as they bring on their weaker bench players. Ease in the guys who are learning their trade as much as possible. These things matter, we aren't dealing with spreadsheets.

Crush

Coach
Yeah your mob has some handy players but no twins. We have Fegai twins AND couchman twins! Beat that!
Dargons by 30+

Girds89

Bench
I think trents not really been a late bloomer..

Hes just sort of been stuck behind guys who had the benefit of coming through better systems then Melbourne's and then weve had guys like sos, cogger, now schnieder.. throw in falls.

So hes had some good players in front of him which has meant he has played on the bench a bit at times or missed the team when in most other nsw cup teams hed have likely been starting.

From what ive seen of him i think hes more then ready to make the step up. He will need the forwards and backs to lay a good platform but i think he will handle the pressure and intensity.

I like hes got a pretty well rounded game.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Simple explanation would be that ivan is trying to maybe protect trent a little from the media all week if he was named in the 7.

Lot less media pressure and expectation if hes just sitting on the bench compared to...

3rd string half on debut replacing the games best player nathan cleary.
He's not some young stud. The media would give a f**k either way, especially with Origin dominating the news