What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Dargons @Bluebet

Iamback

Coach
Simple explanation would be that ivan is trying to maybe protect trent a little from the media all week if he was named in the 7.

Lot less media pressure and expectation if hes just sitting on the bench compared to...

3rd string half on debut replacing the games best player nathan cleary.

but again. Naming him full stop means Dragons will prepare for him. Not sure holding back a prop's debut has much tactics to it

Frankus

Juniors
I would expect Schneider or Cole to come off the field late-ish in the game and Trent comes on to replace one of them. If our intent was to rotate Kenny to the middle and play someone at 9, then surely Sommerton would have been picked.

Iamback

Coach
I would expect Schneider or Cole to come off the field late-ish in the game and Trent comes on to replace one of them. If our intent was to rotate Kenny to the middle and play someone at 9, then surely Sommerton would have been picked.

Sommerton only really covers hooker. There is more cover this way Cole can switch to centre.

Assuming Peachey is picked as a forward that is

Girds89

Bench
Wont be a good look if schnieder has knee problems or clearly not 100%.

If hes a 100% fine.. but if not he shouldnt be there.

I think at times this year its been obvious that leota, fish and martin in particular have all been carrying what looked to be more than a niggle and theyve been moderately impacted.

Whether the club doesnt think we have the depth this year to rest guys im not sure. But picking schnieder when only a week ago it was predicted hed be out for another 3 is strange. His knee is heavily strapped in the captains run.

Knees are not really an injury you want to take lightly and caution probably is best given the ramifications. Arms, shoulders, syndesmosis ankles etc can all be sort of pushed back.. but theres a long history in the game of knees and hammies being reinjured shortly after a previous injury.

Adam Reynolds and payne haas this year both were in and out at periods with knee injuries..

Given how crucial schnieder is over this next two months, i just hope hes 100% thats all. Given how heavily his knee is strapped i think you could argue that he isnt and the club are taking a calculated risk.

If hes 80 or 90% id rather just a 100% fit and pumped and ready trent to play the 80

kinghippo

Juniors
It’s a shame it raining, Laurie and McLean add a fair bit of speed to the team but they are small bodies.
It could be a bit of slog fest.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I am looking forward to seeing Schneider play. I haven’t seen that much of him yet and even though it’s going to be wet tonight I hope he goes OK against a depleted Dargons side.

Iamback

Coach
Casey covered his man who had the ball. Fale covered no one let’s rav in behind

Read it well was hung back to much, If he met him sooner the ball is shut down.

Again it will come but he was in Matts last year