What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Dargons @Bluebet

Iamback

Coach
Dargons win both reserves and first grade? At Penrith?
Huh? What happened to “next man up” “best pathways in the nrl” “grassroots”
Would have thought the depth would cover against a bottom table team like Dargons?
Apparently not.

12 guys missing does that.

martielang

Bench
What did Riki do that was so wrong? Granted I wasn’t paying too much attention, but didn’t think he was putrid or ‘never play first grade again’ worthy.

Mehhh not too worried. Battle through the next 6 weeks and we’ll be good.

Crazy how we don’t have a young back rower we can blood. Henry gives his all but surprisingly looked like a front rower playing back row.

Would have thought the depth would cover against a bottom table team like Dargons?
Apparently not.
The cupboards are bare and the Dragons have won 4 of their last 5 in Cup. A lot of their (Dragons’) reserve graders are on par with their first graders (or arguably better) whereas ours are a mostly way off.

lsta5838

Juniors
Well done dragons, earnt it in 2nd half, ran harder and tackled harder. I watched our challenge that we lost in 1st half, did anyone think it was clear as day eisenhuf grabbed coles shoulder well before he touched it?

Panther Mike

Juniors
So, the riff are the first successful team, ever, to be cruelled by origin? Hmm. You should observe the last 40 years.
Never said we were the first team to be cruelled by Origin. Just observing that with a near full team we were great last week. Tonight with 5 Origin stars out plus the others injured, we were terrible. In no other comp or sport that I know of to club teams get weakened for rep games.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Apparently not.
Other clubs keep taking quality players and depth of us. f**k the Salary Cap. We should be able to reap the true rewards of our junior production line without anything to dilute it.

dannyt

Coach
Never said we were the first team to be cruelled by Origin. Just observing that with a near full team we were great last week. Tonight with 5 Origin stars out plus the others injured, we were terrible. In no other comp or sport that I know of to club teams get weakened for rep games.
Agreed. 2009-2011 were bitch years for origin

age.s

First Grade
You don't think Hunt, Sua and Lomax playing helps them?

Our poor bench and senior guys let the side down
Their outs are notable, but not anywhere near comparable to ours. Cleary, Yeo and Edwards are three of the best players in the game and 3 < 6 from a sheer volume perspective. Anyway, the point is club footy during this whole period straight up sucks. Not sure why anyone would argue against that.

That said, there were some very disappointing performances from important players. Tago had some horrible moments and was otherwise very quiet. Fish and Leota look like shadows of themselves, Sorro to a degree too. Schneider looks like our 5th best half, very average player for mine. Laurie was lively but isn't a Pantherball fullback, would have preferred to see Turuva there.

Other clubs keep taking quality players and depth of us. f**k the Salary Cap. We should be able to reap the true rewards of our junior production line without anything to dilute it.
Not sure I agree with this. Do you really think it would be good for the game for us to be able to keep, say Katoa to play a handful of games per year when Cleary is out?

Iamback

Coach
What did Riki do that was so wrong? Granted I wasn’t paying too much attention, but didn’t think he was putrid or ‘never play first grade again’ worthy.

Mehhh not too worried. Battle through the next 6 weeks and we’ll be good.

Crazy how we don’t have a young back rower we can blood. Henry gives his all but surprisingly looked like a front rower playing back row.

Look at his attempted tackle for their 1st try. That isn't NRL standard for a fresh guy

Munky

Coach
Laurie isn't a Pantherball fullback.

He isn't going to win contact and if he is played the gameplan should change.