What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Dargons @Bluebet

age.s

First Grade
Dargons win both reserves and first grade? At Penrith?
Huh? What happened to “next man up” “best pathways in the nrl” “grassroots”
Would have thought the depth would cover against a bottom table team like Dargons?
Apparently not.
f**k off. We've been savaging our depth/cup team all year.

Take it up with wanky commentators.

Iamback

Coach
Their outs are notable, but not anywhere near comparable to ours. Cleary, Yeo and Edwards are three of the best players in the game and 3 < 6 from a sheer volume perspective. Anyway, the point is club footy during this whole period straight up sucks. Not sure why anyone would argue against that.

That said, there were some very disappointing performances from important players. Tago had some horrible moments and was otherwise very quiet. Fish and Leota look like shadows of themselves, Sorro to a degree too. Schneider looks like our 5th best half, very average player for mine. Laurie was lively but isn't a Pantherball fullback, would have preferred to see Turuva there.

Last week we played a 10/10 but how many other games have we played poorly and got the win?

So we have had guys play bad most of the year, Edwards and Yeo in particular have saved us.

age.s

First Grade
What did Riki do that was so wrong? Granted I wasn’t paying too much attention, but didn’t think he was putrid or ‘never play first grade again’ worthy.
Two very poor defensive attempts, one leading to their first try, the other from the kick off of all things.

I agree "never play first grade again" is probably some in-match frustration talking. He was pretty strong in the first half and has a monster frame. Clearly not ready yet though.

Iamback

Coach
Chose not to, or used the money elsewhere?

Probably a moot point since he’s been injured most of the season so wouldn’t have helped tonight

How much was he on? I doubt we saved much from him so we could of got someone like him to come in.

Instead we backed Mav and co

We had 4 guys play Cup tonight who were in U'19s Origin last year. Another one was Harold Matts player of the year.

They will be great players in 2026 but doesn't help us now

age.s

First Grade
Last week we played a 10/10 but how many other games have we played poorly and got the win?

So we have had guys play bad most of the year, Edwards and Yeo in particular have saved us.
I don't think we've won any games we deserved to lose. We haven't been the 2022 juggernaut, but we've replaced half that roster by this point. Most games we've been patchy, but looking very good at times.

That said I agree with your comment re Hosking. Mental to have let him go. Its a different game if he plays over Riki or Mav.

Yeah, that’s a fair point. I think the club expected Geyer to be a serviceable replacement, obviously that hasn’t panned out and the club preserve with him because he’s the son and nephew of two club legends.

Just wait until we let Garner walk because we don’t want to upset Brandy and MG.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Tago should walk home in the rain and never come back to First Grade. There are a few others who were horrible too in that second half but I’m sick and tired of him this year. His attitude is garbage.

Tonight is also why I really dislike State of Origin, at least in the format in how it is run and how it artificially weakens teams.
Last week’s great win should have been built on but then we are forced to play a bunch of nuffies and it really comes down to random luck on the night, especially in the rain.

Our season could easily be ruined by Origin this year because our depth isn’t anywhere near as good as it used to be.
That said a 12 point loss to a shit Dragons team at home is a disgrace and they should apologise to the fans who had to watch clowns like Tago do multiple brain dead plays in the rain.
The good thing about Origin is that it forces Ivan to play the younger guys. They may lose over the next couple of weeks but it steels them for next year. You know the season after we win the comp and nuffty teams like Tigers, Bulldogs,Eels and Warriors pay obsence amounts of money for a players we have developed and cant possibly keep.
Go Panthers.

age.s

First Grade
Having said all that, there were some positives. McLean was excellent and Toelau nearly completely changed the game from an unfamiliar position with that 40/20 attempt. Appreciate the stones to try it at that moment of the match and he hit it very well. Would like to see him over Schneider. I can see a first grader in Riki too, albeit a year or two away. Smith is a better Yeo backup than Huth and Henry's going to be a hell of a player in a year or two. Alamoti is a weapon. We have some good talent coming through.

On the other hand, I like Laurie but can't really see where he fits in this squad. Just not the kind of fullback we need in our team and well down the pecking order in the halves. Mav doesn't look like much to me. As in I haven't seen many moments from him, let alone a performance. Hopefully he's not required during the big games.

Munky

Coach
Having said all that, there were some positives. McLean was excellent and Toelau nearly completely changed the game from an unfamiliar position with that 40/20 attempt. Appreciate the stones to try it at that moment of the match and he hit it very well. Would like to see him over Schneider. I can see a first grader in Riki too, albeit a year or two away. Smith is a better Yeo backup than Huth and Henry's going to be a hell of a player in a year or two. Alamoti is a weapon. We have some good talent coming through.

On the other hand, I like Laurie but can't really see where he fits in this squad. Just not the kind of fullback we need in our team and well down the pecking order in the halves. Mav doesn't look like much to me. As in I haven't seen many moments from him, let alone a performance. Hopefully he's not required during the big games.

Riki if twenty six.

A bit of a worry if he can't be a good first grader in the next few months.

age.s

First Grade
Riki if twenty six.

A bit of a worry if he can't be a good first grader in the next few months.
Didn’t know that. He'd always been spoken of as though he's a kid coming through the system.

Still, I'd have him above Mav in the pecking order. At least he showed something.