What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Dragons

age.s

First Grade
We have some absolute elite talent at the club, We would of won the games even if x rookie made a few errors

Take next year, Does anyone expect an external signing to replace Crichton?

Yet we have 1 player that has NRL centre experience. While full strength that can be carrying. The side is only an injury or 2 from being exposed

Has Peachey been that good that a young guy couldn't do the same job?
I don't love seeing Peachey running around every week atm, but that's not the point. The point is we are an elite team, chock full of players who were blooded here, so the argument that Ivan waits too long to blood talent appears ludicrous on face value. The proof in the pudding suggests he (or the club more broadly) has gotten it pretty much perfect and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Unless you're arguing all the good development was done by Hook. I'm not sure even Martie would go for that one.

Iamback

Coach
I don't love seeing Peachey running around every week atm, but that's not the point. The point is we are an elite team, chock full of players who were blooded here, so the argument that Ivan waits too long to blood talent appears ludicrous on face value. The proof in the pudding suggests he (or the club more broadly) has gotten it pretty much perfect and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Unless you're arguing all the good development was done by Hook. I'm not sure even Martie would go for that one.

We have an elite side that has been very healthy across a few seasons now.

Were we are worse off now as opposed to previous years is depth. How do you improve depth without playing squad members?

I used the Lewis Brown example as this is not a recent thing. Having an elite core of the side means you can basically do anything with the rest and the result is the same.

We were 4-2 in 2021 with Tyrone May at 7, That to me tell me playing a rookie won't cost games

Iamback

Coach
The score in the 21 GF was 14 - 12 in our favour. Not much room for error there. We won the 1st finals game by 6, the next by 2 and the next by 4. In the 21 GF we had 6? walking wounded and they were playing injured throughout the finals. What 6 replacements would you have played through those game? Name them

Again the discussion was about a coaching style not a dig at him Bennett is the same and an all time great.

Now on to your question

the finals playing injured guys was worth the risk

However IF Cleary didn't get back for the finals does May do a job or is Burton the better option?

Yet May was picked for 6 weeks when that could of gone to Burton.

Same again now. If Peachey is unavailable and Critter or Tago can't play...

Then a rookie centre plays - as opposed to getting games now that mean nothing.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Again the discussion was about a coaching style not a dig at him Bennett is the same and an all time great.

Now on to your question

the finals playing injured guys was worth the risk

However IF Cleary didn't get back for the finals does May do a job or is Burton the better option?

Yet May was picked for 6 weeks when that could of gone to Burton.

Same again now. If Peachey is unavailable and Critter or Tago can't play...

Then a rookie centre plays - as opposed to getting games now that mean nothing.
Wasting this opportunity to blood Jenkins in the actual side is a very strange call

Exsilium

First Grade
I agree with @Chins get the wins on the idea of blooding some younger talent.

I said this before but I feel like IC is protecting the legacy of Penrith being competitive and possibly in contention for three in a row rather than looking to the future.

globalpanther

Juniors
Last yr we played Knights & Warriors after Origin 1 on the same days we play this yr (Sun then Sat).
After Origin 2 we played Roosters.

We didn’t rest anyone know only I Yeo for Knights game but that was concussion protocols.

We were in a better position last yr.

I don’t think anyone who pulls up ok will be rested.

Munky

Coach
The small losses really hurt now.

Unless the rest of the comp shits the bed the team won't be able to manage the second half of the season like they did in 2022.

Players on the knife edge of missing a game or not will must likely play since every win is needed now.

WestyLife

First Grade
The small losses really hurt now.

Unless the rest of the comp shits the bed the team won't be able to manage the second half of the season like they did in 2022.

Players on the knife edge of missing a game or not will must likely play since every win is needed now.

Yes and all those teams complaining they haven't had a bye yet are about to find out how they're actually getting an advantage.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yes and all those teams complaining they haven't had a bye yet are about to find out how they're actually getting an advantage.
Souths have a bye in the second last round. Ontop of two Origin period byes.
Broncos have a bye in the third last round Ontop of two Origin period byes.

They get a break leading into finals. We had our bye in Round 3 when no team needs a break. Our last bye is 9 weeks before finals.

So at a minimum we have to play 9 straight games assuming we finish top 4 and win week 1 of finals.

If we lose week one or finish 5th to 8th we have to play 12 straight weeks to make and win the grand final. No f**king way has the draw been kind to us. Honestly there's no advantage in getting a bye before the Origin period. Only during the Origin period and after it.

WestyLife

First Grade

They get a break leading into finals. We had our bye in Round 3 when no team needs a break. Our last bye is 9 weeks before finals.

So at a minimum we have to play 9 straight games assuming we finish top 4 and win week 1 of finals.

If we lose week one or finish 5th to 8th we have to play 12 straight weeks to make and win the grand final. No f**king way has the draw been kind to us. Honestly there's no advantage in getting a bye before the Origin period. Only during the Origin period and after it.

Exactly. They all get to rest players for finals without dropping games.

YoungPanther

Juniors
Best looking 18-24 players named today for a while, so hopefully we can get a few wins which will allow to maybe rest a few here and there.

Iamback

Coach

People think I say things without research.

The draw was part of my 6th place finish

hindy111

Post Whore
Parramatta are 13th. 6 points behind but with all 3 byes to come, With 1 Origin player

The byes have skewed the ladder

Yes but Matterson, Joe Ofenghue,RCG, LANE are all injured. How many they win till they are fit is the key.