What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs The Bunnies

betcats

Referee
I don't mind our 2-5 when Blake comes back for Yeo. Mansour was fine last night and had an outstanding game just 7 days ago.

Next season I’d be going with Edwards.Mansour.Naden.Blake.To’o.

Gives us a couple of big pacey centres and good metre making wingers. Eventually Crichton comes onto Mansours wing if he goes well you just switch him and Naden.

martielang

Bench
Kenny is a talent and it has been proven young players do struggle at first to maintain consistant performances Given what we have at the club he is the best option

He may very well be, but it’s way too early to say that imo. Last night was the first time Mansour & Too didn’t dominate the first & second hit ups since he’s been in first grade, so we didn’t have the same momentum to allow him to shovel it up the middle & when he had to pass a bit wider of the ruck he struggled. That’s what Egan/Katoa put up with the first 10 weeks of the comp with the same results.

I’m nowhere near dropping him, but I think he’s more a good 14 then a 9. That’s just my opinion though.

martielang

Bench
I don't mind our 2-5 when Blake comes back for Yeo. Mansour was fine last night and had an outstanding game just 7 days ago.

Agree, Mansour seems to get a bit of unnecessary heat. He’s always had an error or 3 in him but he does a lot that goes unnoticed that benefits the side.

mxlegend99

Referee
He may very well be, but it’s way too early to say that imo. Last night was the first time Mansour & Too didn’t dominate the first & second hit ups since he’s been in first grade, so we didn’t have the same momentum to allow him to shovel it up the middle & when he had to pass a bit wider of the ruck he struggled. That’s what Egan/Katoa put up with the first 10 weeks of the comp with the same results.

I’m nowhere near dropping him, but I think he’s more a good 14 then a 9. That’s just my opinion though.
Kenny was shit... but it had nothing to do with our wingers. He was slower to distribute than previous weeks and his passes were off. Egan came on and did better behind the same team.

Last week the opposite happened. Kenny is a rookie... who wasnt even an option anyone had considered 6 weeks ago. He has done well so far but as with any rookie there is a high chance they will have poor games too.

I like him for 14 though. If we can get a better 9.

OldPanther

Coach

I agree. He'd be a good 14.

Panfa

Juniors
Wasnt one of kennys best games last night but he puts his body on the line in defence egan has issues with defence that soft try by the souths prop liam knight was through egan and someone else near the line

tripster

Juniors
Ideally what we would have is a hooker who can play a quality 80 minutes. It gives us the option to have 3 forwards and a utility or 4 forwards on the bench.

The top teams all have that. Smith plays 80, so does Cook, Hodgson, Friend.

Hopefully we can either develop an 80 minute hooker or sign one.

OldPanther

Coach
Ideally what we would have is a hooker who can play a quality 80 minutes. It gives us the option to have 3 forwards and a utility or 4 forwards on the bench.

The top teams all have that. Smith plays 80, so does Cook, Hodgson, Friend.

Hopefully we can either develop an 80 minute hooker or sign one.

Egan and Kenny can both play 80 minutes. They just aren't being used like that by Ivan.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Light rain. Slippery unstable surface. That makes a huge difference.

snickers007

Juniors
  • Dave's mate, why the hell can't you pick a player in the centres who has some pace? Stop persisting with this negative back rower to centre tactic. We are so lucky Roberts didn't tear us a new one.
  • We are such a slow side. Roberts gets in the clear and that's us done. If South's and had an experienced half, Yeo and Mansour would have been roasted repeatedly. We desperately need some new backs and a new sprint coach. The current one managed to get Blake to look as slow as Mansour.

Yeo wasn't marking Roberts. Naden was.

Naden / Mansour vs Roberts / Gagai
Yeo / To'o vs Turner / Graham

Mansour getting burned by Roberts was a result of Maloney and Kikau getting sucked in, forcing Naden and Mansour to come in too.

Abacus

Juniors
Wasnt one of kennys best games last night but he puts his body on the line in defence egan has issues with defence that soft try by the souths prop liam knight was through egan and someone else near the line
That miss was on JFH. Misread the play and slid across the try scorer leaving it for Egan and RCG from marker.

We're setting high standards if we're expecting hookers to stop props from short range.