What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 3Vs Knights Saturday 18th August 3pm Panthers Stadium

pantherz9103

First Grade
Now guaranteed finals 100% but also highly unlikely to make the top 4, playing shit footy and going through self inflicted drama. To be a Penrith fan.

martielang

Bench
Looked no different to how we’d have looked under Griffin without Maloney. In fact it was exactly like our finals last season with Cleary and May bumbling about, just without Cartwright to offer any hope.

Rubbish. We went sideways all day & tried to offload at stupid times.

Most people whinged we were too conservative under Hook. The complete opposite for most of today.

unKwn

Juniors

Most people whinged we were too conservative under Hook. The complete opposite for most of today.
we need a coach who can find the balance. once we find that, we'll finally be the team to beat. then again, it is the panthers we are talking about, and nothing is ever that easy with the panthers

chrisD

Coach

Do you actually remember last season’s finals games that you’re talking about?

Hook is a proven underperforming ex NRL coach who was leading us to yet another quietly out into the night post season of the type that characterised his finished career. Rolling the dice on anything was/is better than that.

That's not the point I was making.

His hooker was by far the worst player on the field and he was surrounded by idiots f**king up for 80 minutes. He didnt have much to work with and under the circumstances how would any other half do better?

With extremely limited opportunities he still forced a drop out, broke the line, setup a linebreak and had no negative plays. I font think anyone could do much more than he did in a pathetic performance like that. Even the immortals look quiet in a shit team.

Yeah but I’m not just going off this one game, it’s been my view for a while. He’s not improving in attack.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah but I’m not just going off this one game, it’s been my view for a while. He’s not improving in attack.
He has had 3 linebreak assists in 2 games under Ciro.

He had 6 in 10 games under Hook. He is improving. In most areas. Our team isnt but his personal form is on the rise.

chrisD

Coach
Here’s what should have happened.

Griffin should have not been a f**king shit coach, maybe have learned something in all his time coaching and got this team to play something resembling its talent level. We should be gearing up for a finals campaign full of hope and excitement. And then his position would have been unf**king questionable.

But he was Griffin, and here we are.

TheFrog

Coach
TheFrog's Player Ratings

Peachey 6
Mansour 5
Blake 6
Whare 6
Watene-Zelezniak 6
May 5
Cleary 6
Merrin 6
Katoa 5
Campbell-Gillard 6
Kikau 6
Yeo 7
Harawira-Naera 6

Tamou 6
Egan 5
Leota 6
Ellis 4

Referee Rating Cummins (3)

unKwn

Juniors
hope we don't win the premiership this year, would be so bitter sweet watching the shitty highlights reel + the off field drama. would feel so underserving too. I just want an amazing year next year with a premiership, and I know we can do that with a coach who can get the best out of this playing group.

TheFrog

Coach
But he was Griffin, and here we are.
No more Griffin arguments from me. We are never going to agree, and we are stuck with what we are stuck with.

Remember the last round last year when we were embarrassed at Brookvale? Who was responsible for the VASTLY improved effort the following week against the same side. I am willing to say it was at least 75% the players. The same can happen next week. The Broncos have done it this week. We came back from an embarrassing loss against Manly to flog the Warriors, who were expecting an easy game. They'll have forgotten that. The Warriors are basically lazy. They'll be execting an easy game again. We may be a laughing stock now but wait until we give the Warriors another flogging. And the Storm reserve grade side after that.

The sort of speech Gus should be rehearsing right about now. I hope after throwing the side under the bus as he has, he can at least find it within himself to go to Auckland with the side next weekend. More likely he'll be in Townsville working for Nine on JT's last home game, this year's spoonbowl. Must have priorities.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
Ciraldo is too soft. Wanted to quit twice when he had a cushy assistant coach role and then sticks up for Gus like a little sook when Hook was sacked. He's just a yes man.

forby

Juniors
Penrith always seems to struggle in these type of games. Perhaps playing a better class of opposition will bring out a better performance.
Still, another final series coming up and as they say it is a whole new ballgame!

OldPanther

Coach
I genuinely think we would be in the exact same situation with Griffin. last two games if you never told me Griffin wasn't sacked I wouldn't know. it will take these dumbasses a full preseason before they snap out of Griffin mode and whatever coach they have mode. we also desperately need a hooker.

Egan was fine. We looked better when he came on. Cleary and May refused to play straight at the line and left the outside with no options.

TheFrog

Coach
No way so many deserve 5s. That’s a pass mark. You need to be handing out 3s and 4s.
May made 28 tackles. Merrin 33 in 38 minutes. Katoa 35 tackles. Peachey 199 metres. Tamou 132 metres in 36 minutes. It's not that they didn't make an effort. The timing and execution was out. The way I do it, I give 3s and 4s rarely, and it always means limited minutes or poor effort. It is based on the RLW model. Very hard to get 9 or 10 and very hard to get 3 or less.

I haven't listened to Nathan Brown's presser but I'm sure he's ecstatic with the way the Knights hung in in the second half when we had the ball.

Last edited: