What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Sea Eagles

BLM01

First Grade
I can understand why Hunt would want to leave, as I mentioned before, there has not been 1 game over the last 2 to 3 years where the refs have given the Dragons a fair go in all close encounters, this year would have to be one of the worst officiating I can remember, its like the NRL and the haters are determined to see the Red V get the wooden spoon. Sloans sin binning a couple of weeks ago vs the tigers was an absolute joke, luckily it was the tigers, it would have been another loss.

So Hunt sees it as a no hope situation, but he also needs to remember it not just the disgusting officiating, his best mate Hook had made them a bottom 8 team, he needs to stay and give the Dragons a chance of turning things around under Flanagan, I would if I was on a million a season, happy driving to training in my Cobra

BTW IMHO opinion the NRL have aimed up even harder against St George since the Jack De Belin situation way back in 2018.
One thing I do agree with you on refs love reffing momentum and letting it swing and this year has been worse than others especially near the back en dof halves (whistle goes away) and time wasting is rife.
The inconsistencies about what constitutues a sin bin and suspensions V fine are worse than ever

Annesley said Badger made the right call as saw the ball on the ground and saw him over the line but there was no shot with the ball on the ground over the line together and has to go refs call. which is BS. The first head on shot showed it.

Where I am going is the bunker rules or over rules refs call all the time in captain challenges in general play without definite frame shot evidence and can say that was or was not a rake, or he touched it, he was not going for the ball, dropped etc without the same definitive evidence.
Geez I wish I was in the Annesley meetings.

Jim Dragons

Juniors
I'd like to see a rule whereby the referee must say 'held' and from that time on the players must stop and the player in possession must play the ball.
Poss - would that include if a player is tackled into touch or in-goal. I am happy to see the player just play the ball - its too harsh a penalty - particularly when if you pass the ball it just comes back.

And by the way - when did they change the rule that when the ball hits the Ref from a kick - that its a scrum with feed to the attacking team? Happened against us last week and would have been another moment swing. Why did he rule lets have a Mulligans on that play when we should have got six again from the scrum. They must have changed that rule same week as the changed the "the Ball is grounded - just checking if its over the line.... the ball is over the line... based on all angles we will be supporting the on field decision of No Try"?

Dragon David

First Grade
Told you so Fn joke!
Yeah, f..ken joke.

You know when the chips are down and we appear not to get the rub of the green too much and then you have the dramas that we have had recently and in the past with several of our players, it makes me wonder why I follow this game. In a big way, I am starting to lose interest.

I know that we have Flanagan now but I really wonder if who we recruit will be significant and worthy enough to get us winning consistently? Will we have a squad that will be much better and I do mean much better than what we have had over the past 10 years to actually get us making the semis, top 8, top 4? We need big signings, we need much, much better players - more like SOO types in the backs, halves and forwards (in particular) to match it with the other teams vying to make it to the top!

We need a reliable top end fullback, we need taller, stronger, bigger, faster wingers. We need Stevie Rogers/Reg Gasnier type centres, we need Anthony Mundine 5/8th and Ben Hornby half (captain). We need, well you name it bigger, stronger, good running mongrel forwards from lock to hooker who can play almost the full 80 minutes who won't give an inch to anyone or anything. A very big ask I know but that is what the club should be aiming for - no more mediocrity as it will get us absolutely nowhere.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
We all can see what a difference Reynolds has made to the Broncos since he joined. He has the best game manangement and knows how to close out a game. Before Reynolds they were playing similar to Saints and in the same position on the table. If Hunt was at the Broncos and Reynolds at Saints the Bronco's would be bottom and Saints not in the 8 but winning more games than they are now as their forwards are just not good enough at the moment compared to the Bronco's. I was really hoping Hunt moving to No.9 and Bud to 7 would help going into 2024 under Flanno but that is not happening. I cannot see Saints being any threat whilst Hunt is still demanding all the ball and at No.7. Corey Norman at the Bronco's and Widdop at Saints made him look better than he is. It is no coincidence since he has done so Saints have not made finals. Hunt has had 3 years with all his mates and done nothing but make himself look good because he gets all the ball and starves the other halves of any.

Also Qld don't want him at 7 because they know he is the best No.9 in the comp and not the best No.7. Hunt was up against Harry Grant and getting the nod which is enough proof on how high they think of him and how good a hooker he is. His outbursts during origin camp airing out his dirty laundry against Saints gave Grant the advantage to get more game time.

Mojo

Bench
I just wish Hunt would fk off. He shits me to tears. IMO he's never been much of a player anyway. He's not a great half or hooker.
As a halfback, statistically, he doesn't even rate. At best he's middling. The one stat he leads is 'offloads' - which isn't something you want from a halfback - it simply indicates how often he gets caught in possession. As a defender he rates 3rd worst halfback in the comp!

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
We all can see what a difference Reynolds has made to the Broncos since he joined. He has the best game manangement and knows how to close out a game. Before Reynolds they were playing similar to Saints and in the same position on the table. If Hunt was at the Broncos and Reynolds at Saints the Bronco's would be bottom and Saints not in the 8 but winning more games than they are now as their forwards are just not good enough at the moment compared to the Bronco's. I was really hoping Hunt moving to No.9 and Bud to 7 would help going into 2024 under Flanno but that is not happening. I cannot see Saints being any threat whilst Hunt is still demanding all the ball and at No.7. Corey Norman at the Bronco's and Widdop at Saints made him look better than he is. It is no coincidence since he has done so Saints have not made finals. Hunt has had 3 years with all his mates and done nothing but make himself look good because he gets all the ball and starves the other halves of any.

Also Qld don't want him at 7 because they know he is the best No.9 in the comp and not the best No.7. Hunt was up against Harry Grant and getting the nod which is enough proof on how high they think of him and how good a hooker he is. His outbursts during origin camp airing out his dirty laundry against Saints gave Grant the advantage to get more game time.
Your forgetting Brisbane has a far superior forward pack which makes playing 7 a fair bit easier

Texmex

Juniors
A bit of a late rant….I went to the game on Saturday night with family. Traveled all the way from central coast (2 hrs) to see our beloved dragons play. I must say I was sorely disappointed by our somber crowd. Even when we were up the crowd was so quiet. It was heaps sad. I remember the days of the red and white army!!
The manly supporters around me were so loud and absolutely giving it to me. No support from fellow dragon supporters around me. You would have thought it was a manly home game.
Very disappointing. I’m hoping the red v spirit will make a come back.

Harry Bath

Juniors
A bit of a late rant….I went to the game on Saturday night with family. Traveled all the way from central coast (2 hrs) to see our beloved dragons play. I must say I was sorely disappointed by our somber crowd. Even when we were up the crowd was so quiet. It was heaps sad. I remember the days of the red and white army!!
The manly supporters around me were so loud and absolutely giving it to me. No support from fellow dragon supporters around me. You would have thought it was a manly home game.
Agree 100% Dragons supporters are the most sedate in the league

justadragon

Bench
The redv spirit has been dismantled over the last 10-12 years because all our focus has gone into getting rid of crappy coaches, the BOD and crappy players. There is just nothing left when your home team just keeps getting pounded year after year.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Agree 100% Dragons supporters are the most sedate in the league

The game has been turned on its head however, I can remember the C Young years in the late eighties. B Smith replaced him quick smart.

I've gone from yelling and screaming, to being cranky, to walking out Saturday night with an honorable lose.

At the end of the season only six months till the CS and looking forward to seeing improvement to how much will we be flogged by Souths.

It's taken the club 12 years to raise the white flag but next year upwards and onwards thank goodness.