What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs Souths

2010Dragons

Bench
Great to see both the Coachman brothers in the 17

within 12 months they will be mainstays of the pack.

Hunt or Sloan to be the goal kicker ?

Lord help us.
Someone in the team please explain to Sloan when he attempts to kicks the conversion goal he should be facing the opponent goal post. The poor dumb ass doesn’t know the rules.

Dragon David

First Grade
I don’t know much about trots
I’m into thoroughbreds breed and race
Expensive hobby although I have had a few handy ones
My missus is a racing commentator on sky and ex jockey so hard not to stay involved
Well I hope that when the Melbourne Cup comes around this year, you can give us a tip or two Rocket Rod.

The Sport of Kings. Horses are so majestic and I like following the good ones and of course a top jockey to follow like Damien Oliver.

jeffdragon

Bench
I am.
Used to be involved a bit in the trotting game many moons ago.
My uncles used to have some pacers years ago.
I wanted to he a jockey as a kid .
I did a harness course at tafe over 25 years ago.
We used to do practical lessons at Doc Wilson's at Londonderry on at Saturday morning.
Back then did the course with the Fitzpatrick boys they had to go back to tafe as a requirement.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Well I hope that when the Melbourne Cup comes around this year, you can give us a tip or two Rocket Rod.

The Sport of Kings. Horses are so majestic and I like following the good ones and of course a top jockey to follow like Damien Oliver.
Im the worlds worst tipster although my missus goes ok but the cup is usually a bit of a lottery. 2 miles in a horse race a lot can go wrong and usually does.
Anyway we can have some fun this year and try to find the winner with the interested forum punters

Dragon David

First Grade
Im the worlds worst tipster although my missus goes ok but the cup is usually a bit of a lottery. 2 miles in a horse race a lot can go wrong and usually does.
Anyway we can have some fun this year and try to find the winner with the interested forum punters
Great, thanks Rocket. Just for fun is what this will all be about. The history of horse racing goes back centuries but my recollection was in the days of race caller Ken Howard and great jockeys Georgie Moore, Nelville Sellwood, Roy Higgins, Peter Cook and now the new breed of jockeys including the women riders.

Along the way, there have been those marvellous horses, too many to name but I'm sure you know them Rocket.

SEAT 1A

Bench
With the Bunnies in the eight, at least we won't see the bunker overrule fare play.

We still won't get the 50/50 calls of course and they will get repeat sets on our line until we collapse. Once they score a few tries, the six agains will turn to penalties for field position, it will be all over by half time and we will get a few crumbs in the second half.

If the script is thrown out, looking forward to seeing the twins, Sloane, Musgrove and a hat trick for Rav4 and the song.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
For the rest of the season - just look away.
Find a distraction.
Build up the brownie points with the missus.
Go skiing. Buy a Barbie.
ClusterTRuCK doesn’t cover it.
You can’t reason with Sloan or almost all of the BS this season has thrown up for our great club.
Let it go - it’s quiet uplifting.
just x your fingers we don’t get the Wooden spoon.
Our fore and against is going to cop a pounding- South will be on it. They have far too much to loose.

denis preston

First Grade
For the rest of the season - just look away.
Find a distraction.
Build up the brownie points with the missus.
Go skiing. Buy a Barbie.
ClusterTRuCK doesn’t cover it.
You can’t reason with Sloan or almost all of the BS this season has thrown up for our great club.
Let it go - it’s quiet uplifting.
just x your fingers we don’t get the Wooden spoon.
Our fore and against is going to cop a pounding- South will be on it. They have far too much to loose.
You clearly are an inspirational fella !! Not so much leading from the front but more Chicken Little “ the sky is falling, the sky is falling “ !!
Agree that with injuries not looking great but there are still things to look for with some of the new inclusions and IMO it has been great to see the effort most players have been putting in. With that effort again , Who knows ?

Draginzaaar

Bench
There is a simple solution. At the moment there is no reward for Legs tackles... but the time allowed for players to stand and dance in "catch & hold" tackles is a reward - hence coaches teach Catch & Hold. So reward Legs tackles...
I listen to sports ears at the ground... l am so over "dominant" tackles and "surrender" tackles. Also over players moving off the mark to play the ball and refs calling "marker not square"... So I suggest that they trial:
1) Rewarding Legs tackles with a "Legs" call and the player is given time to get to marker... if they take to long "Play On"...
2) No dominant or surrender tackles anymore. Surrender tackles actually stop wrestle and speed up the game (not that the game needs much more speed).
3) Players not rewarded for moving off the mark... stop play and send them back. If a player does it twice... final warning... then penalise the player (when a team looses the ball they will get the message quick enough).

The NRL could trial these rules in a few games coming up - West V Redc (R25); East V West (R26); Bull V Manly(R26); Manly V West (R27); GC V Bull (R27) all have no impact on top 8.
If you stop surrender tackles, players will just jump on the ground and expect they can just play the ball quick. No chance, if they lie down don't expect a quick play the ball.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Souths could bottle it under massive pressure to win but we can't concede early tries. Trell & Walker although brilliant are emotional players who've had poor games through ill discipline & pressure. I would do whatever it takes to rattle Cody a bit to get him off his game. I'd also kick early to the corners to make trell work hard from the backfield to fatigue him.

jeffdragon

Bench
Souths could bottle it under massive pressure to win but we can't concede early tries. Trell & Walker although brilliant are emotional players who've had poor games through ill discipline & pressure. I would do whatever it takes to rattle Cody a bit to get him off his game. I'd also kick early to the corners to make trell work hard from the backfield to fatigue him.
Get into Walker.
Get under his skin a bit of niggle.