What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: Friday 26th March 8:05pm @Stadium Australia

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm with you R20! Excellent news regarding Reyno and Junior!
EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET TOMORROW AT 8:05PM NO EXCUSES!!

Are you going Jim? I’ll be there with my Roosters mate.

I will put my usual game day post on tomorrow even more fired up than last week to fire everyone up if they’re not already. It’s always easy to be fired up on game day I find but I get more fired up when we play the Roosters I think it’s as I just hate them so much but yeah I’ll be nervous tomorrow too that’s for sure always am before these grudge matches!!

Jim Rockford

Bench
EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET TOMORROW AT 8:05PM NO EXCUSES!!

Are you going Jim? I’ll be there with my Roosters mate.

I will put my usual game day post on tomorrow even more fired up than last week to fire everyone up if they’re not already. It’s always easy to be fired up on game day I find but I get more fired up when we play the Roosters I think it’s as I just hate them so much but yeah I’ll be nervous tomorrow too that’s for sure always am before these grudge matches!!
I think I am. My friend (who's a Parra fan) is lining up tickets for me,him and his young son who's a Bunnies fan. His son wanted to make sure I was going so we could talk all things Red and Green.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I’m not fired up
I will once I know Adam Reynolds is secured.
I will cheer and scream at the Tele as usual but I am not very confident going into this game, sorry to be a Debby downer
Up the bunnies

big hit!

Bench
If Tatola and Burgess can recapture their 2020 form, then personally, I'd have them starting.

On another note, seen a lot of people complaining about Klein reffing us. With all due respect, it's time to stop complaining about that, it's not an excuse. While I agree he dislikes us, if we're good enough, we'll win. If not, we won't. It's as simple as that in my eyes. Can't let who's reffing be a distraction, it shouldn't matter.

Yes, Tatola and Burgess are starting props in the squad - and Wayne sees that too, for now. To be honest, I've always thought Arrow was a weird acquisition considering Souths have Murray. I still can't see Arrow in the starting 13 with Murray in his position.

Re refs, it's attribution theory - we lose because of shit officiating or bad decisions. Happens in every sport. Need to focus on things that can be controlled - like the ball for a start, and some effort areas which can be better than what has been shown by the team in the first two weeks.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Yes, Tatola and Burgess are starting props in the squad - and Wayne sees that too, for now. To be honest, I've always thought Arrow was a weird acquisition considering Souths have Murray. I still can't see Arrow in the starting 13 with Murray in his position.

Re refs, it's attribution theory - we lose because of shit officiating or bad decisions. Happens in every sport. Need to focus on things that can be controlled - like the ball for a start, and some effort areas which can be better than what has been shown by the team in the first two weeks.

Exactly right - you can take the ref out the game if you can control the ball and play to the whistle.
Even if you have to go back 11 metres line speed and wrapping the ball up go a long way. But again you kind of have to play the perfect game these days especially if youre versing Melbourne/Penrith/Roosters

Rabbits20

Immortal
We’ve got an important game tomorrow and tbh @callmack1 I’m feeling very flat with all this hanging over our heads re Reyno. If the boys are off the club has brought this shitstorm upon themselves. I couldn’t play well with all that hanging over my head if I was Adam.

I haven’t felt so flat since before a game like this before.

callmack1

Staff member
I'm not feeling flat at all, starting to feel extremely pumped and extremely nervous ahead of a huge game day tomorrow! While I feel the same as you R20 about Reyno, I have tried to mostly block it our today and it's worked! I am fully focussed on tomorrow's huge game, just as I hope the boys are!!

Wayne Bennett Media Round 3: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...u-and-remind-you-who-youre-playing---bennett/

The rivalry, the record and the aftermath - Rabbitohs-Roosters to re-ignite: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...he-aftermath-rabbitohs-roosters-to-re-ignite/

Reynolds cleared, Radley returns in Rabbitohs-Roosters showdown: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/25/reynolds-cleared-radley-returns-in-rabbitohs-roosters-showdown/

Stoked to hear Reyno and Tatola are fine to play, that's a huge boost!

Travitoh

First Grade
Exactly right - you can take the ref out the game if you can control the ball and play to the whistle.
Even if you have to go back 11 metres line speed and wrapping the ball up go a long way. But again you kind of have to play the perfect game these days especially if youre versing Melbourne/Penrith/Roosters

Couldn't agree more. I've never seen a game that was decided by an official alone.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs 19-man squad for Round 3: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/03/25/rabbitohs-19-man-squad-for-round-three/

No changes which is good news. Radley is out for them which is a bit disruptive however, I wouldn't say it's a huge loss as they've gone okay without him.

From Sporting News,

Rabbitohs star Latrell Mitchell 'fit and firing' ahead of Roosters grudge match, says Jai Arrow

Jai Arrow has allayed fears over South Sydney team-mate Latrell Mitchell’s fitness ahead of Friday’s blockbuster clash against arch-rivals the Sydney Roosters.

Mitchell failed to complete the Rabbitohs’ Tuesday training session in wet conditions at Redfern, prompting speculation over his fitness.

But Arrow, who will get his first taste of the NRL’s oldest rivalry in the Round 3 clash, declared the superstar full-back will be a certain starter against his former club.

“He’s playing, I’m not 100 percent sure why he went off,” Arrow told Triple M’s The Rush Hour with MG.

“It might have just been managing a niggling injury or something like that.

“But yeah, I’m sure he’ll be 100 percent and I’m sure he’ll be ready to go up against his old club.

“I know as a player you love going up against your old team and I’m sure Latrell will be there at the captain’s run tomorrow no doubt, so he’ll be fit and firing and ready to go for sure.”

Arrow, who joined the Rabbitohs this season after three years with the Gold Coast Titans, also played down his first meeting with Roosters full-back James Tedesco since last year’s State of Origin decider.

The Queensland Maroons back-rower was widely criticised for picking up a concussed Tedesco and shoving him into the ground.

Arrow apologised for his moment of madness at the time, insisting he is ‘not a grub like that’.

“I sort of knew that one was sort of coming leading up to this week,” Arrow said when asked of the media coverage of the incident this week.

“Obviously it’s sort of come out a bit but I’m just focused on how I can best do my job for the team.

“I’ll continue to let the outside noise be thrown around but I’ll be focusing on my job and what’s ahead come Friday night.”

callmack1

Staff member
Well, after a huge week of build up, here we are.... Game day!! It's not just any old game day either, we all know who we're playing. It's the arch-rivals, the nemesis, the wankers from across Anzac Parade, it's the Roosters. This is war tonight. It's absolute war. I've said it before and I'll say it again, hate is a very strong word that shouldn't be used lightly. But you know what? When we talk about the Roosters, hate is simply not a strong enough word to describe how we feel about them. That's the way it's been for 113 years now and that's the way it will always be.

I must say, I can't remember a build up to a Rabbitohs - Roosters clash quite like this. The tensions between our two clubs has never been higher because so much has happened recently. Obviously the big one was our 60-8 win last time we played them but there's also been Suaalii's defection to the Chooks and thus, Rusty's digs about their salary cap, then there's the Jai Arrow incident with Tedesco in Origin last year. I've loved the build up during the week with all the stuff that's been said. It will be firey tonight no doubt.

Not going to be an easy one either. I hate to say it but the Roosters have been the team to beat in the opening Rounds. They've been on fire with two massive wins and haven't skipped a beat really. They'll be confident up against us and are going to come out firing to try and set the tone early I have no doubt about that. Our defence has to be on point right across the park tonight especially against the likes of Tedesco, Morris, Keary and Crichton. This is all easier said than done but the boys can certainly do it!!!

For us, we need to fire up massively and put in a big performance to show our Premiership credentials. Tonight is a chance to make a massive statement in front of our home fans against the arch-rivals. It all starts with holding the ball and completing our sets. That's been the part our game which has really lacked the forst two Rounds and you can't keep dropping the ball against a team like the Roosters. I'm confident we have the attack so defence is going to be a big focus.

It's a tough game but we should feel confident, we have an amazing side this year that is more than capable of sticking it to the Roosters. We can do this!! Fire up Souths members and fans!! Prepare for battle! it's almost time for war!!