What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Canberra

Iamback

Coach
In our current squad Martin needs to play backrow 100% but he doesn't run great lines, doesn't have great footwork, doesn't really set up his centre. He's versatile to play both but his skill set suits the middle better.
I think he's the perfect replacement for Spencer in the middle next year

Nailed it right there

Iamback

Coach
I agree he isn't an 'excellent' line runner just a competent one. Partially that is because he doesn't need to be, he just breaks tackles through strength and balance. He doesn't have 'Elite' footwork either (because he doesn't need it as per above) but it is still underatted. I suggest that the sceptics take a closer look at him during this season.

For me it is can his skillset work in the middle and can we get an edge that offers more in attack. The answer is yes to both

Iamback

Coach
Garner I would have as a benchie. That is it. Come on when the sting is out of the opening 20. And if we are desperate from HIA or injury. Cover centre during the match.

Certainly would offer more at the back end of games than Salmon does

Pjf04b

Juniors
Paul Kent’s comments were totally unwarranted and uninformed. He has a genuine dislike of Penrith as individuals and as a team. He has no idea what the culture is in the team, club or through the juniors.
His protectiveness of Stuart goes too far. Stuart is a god as far as he is concerned and can do no wrong.
He has an inflated opinion of himself and acts as if everything he says is gospel, and if you don’t agree with him then you are wrong or stupid.
surely Fox could find somebody better to cohost 360.

MrBlack

Juniors
Paul Kent’s comments were totally unwarranted and uninformed. He has a genuine dislike of Penrith as individuals and as a team. He has no idea what the culture is in the team, club or through the juniors.
His protectiveness of Stuart goes too far. Stuart is a god as far as he is concerned and can do no wrong.
He has an inflated opinion of himself and acts as if everything he says is gospel, and if you don’t agree with him then you are wrong or stupid.
surely Fox could find somebody better to cohost 360.
He came accross as a wanker

the other guys at the table were clearly uncomfortable. Peter Badel especially

Crashtest

Juniors
For me it is can his skillset work in the middle and can we get an edge that offers more in attack. The answer is yes to both
Who could we get better than the current NSW and Australian edge forward? And for what Martin is on. Any decent edge forwards have been signed for $800k plus when on the market.

Iamback

Coach
Who could we get better than the current NSW and Australian edge forward? And for what Martin is on. Any decent edge forwards have been signed for $800k plus when on the market.

It is what is better for the side. Losing Spencer and maybe Sorensen is going to leave the pack light on options. Hell even if Kenny goes so does his middle minutes.

Leota to the bench fixes that, Assuming we don't replace him with a plodder - Martin will do the exact same job he does now at prop.

That allows a tall edge with an offload and some footwork to really evolve the side as the competition as a how becomes more attacking

Exsilium

First Grade
C'mon people, Kenty is just feeding the siege mentality that Sticky loves to hide behind.

That and he's best mates with Sticky. No chance he'd smear him in the media.

It was a little gamesmanship and banter is part of it. Problem Sticky has is that he opens his mouth without thinking before he speaks. About time he was called out.

Crashtest

Juniors
It is what is better for the side. Losing Spencer and maybe Sorensen is going to leave the pack light on options. Hell even if Kenny goes so does his middle minutes.

Leota to the bench fixes that, Assuming we don't replace him with a plodder - Martin will do the exact same job he does now at prop.

That allows a tall edge with an offload and some footwork to really evolve the side as the competition as a how becomes more attacking
But who would this tall edge forward with an offload and footwork be, and how would we be able to afford him if he is on the market?

We don’t have an issue at right edge, so why create one by moving Martin to the middle? Smith showed against the Raiders how much he has improved, and Liam Henry continues to develop in NSW cup. On the weekend, Henry scored a try, had 22 runs for 214 metres, five tackle busts, and made 48 tackles with zero misses.

Iamback

Coach
But who would this tall edge forward with an offload and footwork be, and how would we be able to afford him if he is on the market?

We don’t have an issue at right edge, so why create one by moving Martin to the middle? Smith showed against the Raiders how much he has improved, and Liam Henry continues to develop in NSW cup. On the weekend, Henry scored a try, had 22 runs for 214 metres, five tackle busts, and made 48 tackles with zero misses.

Isn't hosking going to be right edge this week though? So the club is still looking to find a long term option for the left

Who says we are going on the market?

There are a few internal options to take the spots next year.

We will get more of a look at Smith the next few weeks.

If Hassett didn't knock back Dolphins he'd already be in FG - He is my pick to have the longest career out of the batch

Henry you mentioned

Lisati who is tall and quick

Then of course we signed Garner for 3 years, injury has mean't he haven't seen the best of him yet.

All those options bring different things and if a backrower coming in is a better option then why not move him?

Whino

Bench
I haven't watched 360 for years. I am not about to either.
It is a show to drum up controversy. Create slanted talking points. And as @The yak says to settle scores.
It is the only way the likes of Kent, Hooper and Crawley are getting jobs. They don't hold the basic intelligence to do anything else.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Saw this on Facebook page. Totally agree with the dude's comments that posted this. Kent has followed up his spiteful rant with a spread in the Telecrap putting the boot into Panthers and in particular Ivan. Ricky's mate is a total tool.Screenshot_20230404-091351_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20230404-091308_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts