What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Souths

Karnivayne

Juniors
He is the best option we have at the moment, Isaac John is a running 5/8 and stop gap half apart from that we have nothing and even if we had something in the pipeline Wallace is co captain and contracted for 3 years (not that it means snything anymore)

If we have bland halves we need attacking players Peachey, Nabuli, Segeyaro have to be In the team, id try starting Segeyaro and have Peach at lock moving Docker to second row having Docker defending on the right segz in the middle and plum on the left. Defensively I think they are better options.

maple_69

Bench
Moylan is really the only other halves option we have. I'm certainly willijg to give Wallace more time though given he has had three games with Soward, two in horrendous rain and one in a big win.
I do tend to think that Cleary has put a big emphasis on nailing our defence early. Its somethibg that Bennett did with the Dragons when he arrived. I guess its about establishing that base, attitude and team work. I'd say he'd be pretty happy having kept 5 teams to 3 tries or left.
At tye same time he's sounding out our options to see what is going to work best with this squad. Peachey did nothing wrong, Naiqama did nothing wrong, we've had a look at all 3 possible halves pairings and he has swapped the centres from left to right and vice versa a few times.
I expect we'll see Nabuli get a run soon, as will Robinson. I just really hope Cleary bites the bullet and drops Kingston.

meek

Juniors
Here it is again Mansour let a try in, call for his head, Nabuli isn't going to change anything.
Deadset delusional merkins.

We had nothing in attack and that comes down to Soward and Wallace, We keep dominating games and they cant get the job done, we won the forward battle last night and lost. merkins need to get their shit together.

We are lacking a hard running back rower that runs good lines, Robinson next week please.

maybe we are delusional - just think Nabuli is worth a go
defence cant be any worse than Mansour - has pace and can catch a high ball

anyhow doesn't matter what we think Ivan makes the choices - just hope Kingston is gone and Peachey come back

the sky is not falling in - but was concerning with the amount of ball we had on there line we couldn't score - also Mansours defence is a worry IMO

Panther Pete

Juniors
Eto can't be far away as Gus said last year he should have played NRL but couldn't due to second tier stuff. Hopefully just playing on a dry track at some point may bring some relief.

mxlegend99

Referee
Can't get rid of Mansour when our pack can't be relied upon to make metres. Maybe we need to move him into the forward pack to fit Nabouli in. But it has to be at the expense of Brown so we're not losing even more size in the pack. Likewise Peachey needs to come in for Kingston.

Matt Robinson and Anthony Cherrington should also come into calculations if they get decent form.

darkbloom

Juniors
FFS one loss in shit weather and the world is falling apart. It's not that bad.

Show me the team that wins all their games in a season in the modern era.

The one and only move I would make at the moment is Kingston to go to NSW Cup and Peachey in.

In about 8 weeks when Cartwright/VTK are ready one can come in for Brown.

How would you rate each of the 6 performances so far.

Doomednow

Bench
Don't understand the Wallace hate. I think people are looking for things to make themselves feel like they were right when they bagged his signing. He is doing and will do a good enough job.

It's like everyone's mad we don't have a superstar halves pairing.

franklin2323

Immortal
Have we played on a dry track since round 1?

Bulldogs & Parra game were dry. Yet we scored the same amount of tries as against Canberra & Melbourne in terrible conditions. We need changes in attack whether that is personnel or tactics.

franklin2323

Immortal
Then you're still starting with Brown, Docker and Taylor and look the same team that camped on their try line in the first 25 minutes.

Problem is we don't want to risk us getting up there like we do now or defending like we do know. A few tune ups for now are all we need.

Seg at hooker. Fast wingers atleast gives us more options then we have now.

That bench would atleast give us the skill to take advantage of tiring defence later in the halves rather then losing momentum after 30mins.

mxlegend99

Referee
I have never rated him. John playing well today again in NSW Cup.

Rate Wallace or not. He has been far better then Isaac John this season.

John has had 3 games and not done anything to deserve to keep his spot. Wallace has atleast been solid for us, and might get even better once he has a few more games with Soward. Although I think we should consider Moylan partnering Soward so that we can bring in a fullback with strength, pace and tackle breaking ability.

Moylan will run the ball to the line, has a nice short pass on him, has quick hands for spreading the ball quickly and has a reasonable short kicking game. Could be a great fit for Soward.

But Wallace is rightfully ahead of all the guys in NSW Cup for the #7 jersey IMO. He's not great, but he's solid and has a go. Has had a bit of success with his boot and getting try assists and drop outs. But we have Soward for those things.. And he's arguably the best in the game at getting results from his kicking.

We went after Thurston and Carney so it's not like we haven't tired to get good halves. Im happy with how Soward is going. Anyone think he'll miss a week for that high shot?

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
We went after Thurston and Carney so it's not like we haven't tired to get good halves. Im happy with how Soward is going. Anyone think he'll miss a week for that high shot?

Yeah, what a let down that was....all this talk about Thurston and Carney....and we get Wallace. For three years.

You have to laugh or you'd cry.

Nugget10

Juniors
John over Wallace? You've got rocks in your head.

Joey Johns would struggle in those conditions. Give them a break for f**ks sake

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I think it's pretty obvious that most people's criticisms are aimed at the season as a whole so far, don't you think?

franklin2323

Immortal
Wallace is better than John

Doesn't matter Wallace is a protected species will never get dropped. I mentioned John because in NSW Cup is where you look for replacements. 7 in NSW Cup usually replaces the NRL 7 if they make changes. Moylan though would do a job.

Though look at John's try against Parra & compare to to last night we had something brewing came to Wallace passed it straight away to a flat footed McKendry.

The only 2 with the skills to play halves and take the line is Moylan & John.

Latest posts